• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

Good news: A Nintendo Direct has finally been announced, & it's coming right away, at 2 PM PST/5 PM EST.
Bad news: It's "mostly focused" on games releasing in early 2023, which very likely means the DLC won't be announced in it, unless that "mostly" is there for a reason.

The only thing people complain about is the frame rates and the glitches (which are impossible to encounter from playing the game normally)

Oh no, it's totally possible to find bugs in normal gameplay, for example:

- Pokémon that can't swim just "sink" into bodies of water yet still act as if nothing happened

- Pokémon spawning inside walls or in the floor, this is particularly notable in Area Zero

- The game crashing after playing for a while, apparently it has a memory leak, and so it's recommended to save the game and reset it every now and then.

The game even has backwards long jumping with -raidon to climb walls wayyy earlier than intended.

The only thing people complain about is the frame rates and the glitches (which are impossible to encounter from playing the game normally)
Nah the glitches are easy to find. The only actual problematic one that happens fairly often is the crashing

Oh no, it's totally possible to find bugs in normal gameplay, for example:

- Pokémon that can't swim just "sink" into bodies of water yet still act as if nothing happened

- Pokémon spawning inside walls or in the floor, this is particularly notable in Area Zero

- The game crashing after playing for a while, apparently it has a memory leak, and so it's recommended to save the game and reset it every now and then.

The game even has backwards long jumping with -raidon to climb walls wayyy earlier than intended.
That last part isn't really a bad thing as games tends to have something that makes you skip certain things

The thing is that it's a bit too easy to do.

Like, just jump with -raidon while facing backwards a inclined wall you'd normally just slide down.

You can just jump again with this, and so on to effectively climb nearly anywhere.

Nah the glitches are easy to find. The only actual problematic one that happens fairly often is the crashing
I haven't really encountered any glitches through my playthrough of both scarlet and violet

Maybe some people are unlucky
632.jpg

The thing is that it's a bit too easy to do.

Like, just jump with -raidon while facing backwards a inclined wall you'd normally just slide down.

You can just jump again with this, and so on to effectively climb nearly anywhere.
I love doing it lol
Makes me catch find and catch powerful Pokémon and tm moves easily 😁

Also, fun fact, Pokémon spawning in SV relies on the player's position, not their field of view.

Now you're obligated to always look behind yourself if you're shiny hunting.

You have no idea how far GF bootlickers will go to tune out any legitimate issues with the games
Are you really just gonna pull the whole "be a jackass to people that don't agree with you" card now? Like damn nobody was coming at you but because someone had a different experience, "lol bootlicker." Come on

Last edited:
Are you really just gonna pull the whole "be a jackass to people that don't agree with you" card now?
Yes I am.

You don't need to agree with me.
Like damn nobody was coming at you but because someone had a different experience, "lol bootlicker." Come on
Coming at me for what?

Because I want better for the series?..

"Boohoo I'm offended because I'm waiving away any and all criticisms of the series and he's calling me out"

Look gamefreak refuses to hire expand significantly and Pokemon Company wants annual releases these can't coexist with significant improvements to their games.

Last edited:
Yes I am.

You don't need to agree with me.

Coming at me for what?

Because I want better for the series?..

"Boohoo I'm offended because I'm waiving away any and all criticisms of the series and he's calling me out"
Nobody was coming at you. You can't always hide behind "I want better for the series" when all you're doing is being a jackass and changing absolutely nothing. It's not like you're actually accomplishing anything. Unless your goal is "I want to make people feel bad about what they like"

Like damn next you're gonna say Gen 5 was the last good generation of Pokemon

Btw you created like... a ton of strawmen, but I guess you need to justify yourself.

Anyways it's fine to disagree on shit but lord does being rude about it not help at all. In fact I'd say it throws any meaningful discussion out the window

Yes I know I was getting pretty aggressive too, I'm ******* stressed lowkey, sorry about that

Nobody was coming at you. You can't always hide behind "I want better for the series" when all you're doing is being a jackass and changing absolutely nothing. It's not like you're actually accomplishing anything. Unless your goal is "I want to make people feel bad about what they like"

Like damn next you're gonna say Gen 5 was the last good generation of Pokemon

Btw you created like... a ton of strawmen, but I guess you need to justify yourself.
I..... Don't really care what you think.

Is that a problem or?

Anyways it's fine to disagree on shit but lord does being rude about it not help at all. In fact I'd say it throws any meaningful discussion out the window
In which what way was I being rude to anyone. I can't figure it out.

Yes, I called 'em bootlicker, basically too subservient to GF no matter what crap they put out. Got a problem?

Or you don't play enough games to know mainline Pokémon games on Switch are ass compared to other switch AAA titles?

Back