• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread - Red & Blue arc

In the anime, do Pokémon have a limit to how much they can increase their stats?

I feel like that +6/-6 limit is just game mechanics

Thoughts?

In the anime, do Pokémon have a limit to how much they can increase their stats?

I feel like that +6/-6 limit is just game mechanics

Thoughts?
The "game mechanic" works perfectly in mystery dungeon where a pokemon with quadruple stat boosts can move 4 tiles or land 4 hits before the opponent can move 1 tile or land 1 hit. In the manga a single agility can also boost the character to insane levels, making them run circles around their opponent and leaving afterimages, barely letting their opponent react or not letting them at all.
Finally, in the anime the "game mechanics" are generally acknowledged. I don't remember cases right off the bat besides the most recent one when in the fight between Ash and Drasnea one of her pokemon used a move which in the games halve the HP of the pokemon, due to which Clemont (trusted source, one of the smartest dudes around, an expert and a gym leader) comments that it is an attack that halves the stamina of the pokemon

To support its effects and the effects of those attacks stacking we can bring in the fight vs. lt. surge. Raichu was comparable and even superior to pikachu, however pikachu started completely clowning on Raichu after a single agility attack and when ash told pikachu to use it again and again pikachu got faster and faster to the point of making raichu's head spin and hitting raichu from a notable distance before it could close its arms

Is this the case for other methods of Speed increase? I don't remember much of what the anime does. Although there was Ash's Pignite vs Trip's Serperior, where Serperior could still outspeed Pignite even after Pignite had boosted speed with several Flame Charges. Memory may not be quite perfect about that, though.

Is this the case for other methods of Speed increase? I don't remember much of what the anime does. Although there was Ash's Pignite vs Trip's Serperior, where Serperior could still outspeed Pignite even after Pignite had boosted speed with several Flame Charges. Memory may not be quite perfect about that, though.
I mean serperior is > pignite by default since he's an evolution

I mean serperior is > pignite by default since he's an evolution
Ostensibly, but that assumes Ash's training wasn't able to make Pignite as capable as Trip's training for Serperior; Being trained Pokemon, both of them are likely quite superior to untrained Pokemon, but it's unclear how much so without considering their training in more depth.
There's also the possibility Pignite & Serperior were on similar "power levels", but Serperior was still faster despite them being roughly equal in other stats as a result of their trainers' training.

"The circumstances of one's birth is irrelevant, it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are"

That one?👀

pokemon_adventures_394_6.jpg

apparently shockwaves of yanmega can bypass durability to a limited extent and cause damage to internal organs

imma work at the vaporization of the lake in the manga feat at one point in the future.
Just saying, the durability of Magikarp is gonna be High 7-C

Btw, palkia in PLA pokedex
It state
This Pokémon is feared as a deity in Hisuian legend. The birth of Palkia was what caused the walls of our world to disappear, creating a sky that spans for infinity.
According this shouldn't necrozma should get solid H3-A instead 3-C for absorbing the entire light in infinite size universe?

What evidence is there that the avatars of the god tiers are multiversal palkia and dialga’s feats seem just universal and every 2-B other than the true forms in the series scale to them.

What evidence is there that the avatars of the god tiers are multiversal palkia and dialga’s feats seem just universal and every 2-B other than the true forms in the series scale to them.
technically its just a bit but Dialga's and Palkia's fight warped multiple universes at the same time just by fighting each other in an in-between universe void. Those were just the minor effects of their attacks clashing.

Otherwise please ask @ProfessorKukui4Life or @StrymULTRA since those two are the experts in tier 2 pokemon

They were able to reset a multiverse by erasing the concept of spirit.

They were able to reset a multiverse by erasing the concept of spirit.
Doesn’t rainbow rocket disprove that.
What connection pls
distortion world is connected to the normal world, Unown are weird and I don’t know the others if it is their own dimensions it wouldn’t be horribly unreasonable to assume they have a similar connection to the normal world like the distortion world.

Doesn’t rainbow rocket disprove that.
How so. Cyrus plan is to recreate the world without spirit. As established by the main multiverse, to do that he'd need to get rid of the Distortion world of that multiverse. Which he did
distortion world is connected to the normal world, Unown are weird and I don’t know the others if it is their own dimensions it wouldn’t be horribly unreasonable to assume they have a similar connection to the normal world like the distortion world.
Well, I don't really understand what you mean.

Well tbh the cosmology is very messy. But it won't make sense in any other way than it being its own cosmology like every copy of the game

You're reading the manga?

We might be missing a lot of stuff in it
We are
Celebi has Absolute Zero and potentially resistence to Existence Erasure (as well as stuff like time reversal on its time manipulation)
Ho-Oh and Lugia also might resist EE in it
Tauros has Mindhax, Jynx has Voodoo dolls.
Entei has Healing
Pokemon have the NPI required to hit "Black Holes" created by Dusclops (another feat of Space-time manip)
Rayquaza creates Ozone (which is poisonous) basically passively
I am currently reading it

We are
Celebi has Absolute Zero and potentially resistence to Existence Erasure (as well as stuff like time reversal on its time manipulation)
Entei has Healing
Pokemon have the NPI required to hit "Black Holes" created by Dusclops (another feat of Space-time manip)
1. then make a crt
2. the curren pokemon abilities thread is adding NPI

Where is that confirmed we literally denied high godly regen for the lake trio over this.
It hasn't been confirmed. But there are two directions that woulda taken

1. Either every universe has its own DW so Dialga/Palkia reset that one to affect a single universe.

2. The DW is multiverse sized and Cyrus got rid of it, hence recreating the world.

Everything stands on the Distortion world. Because as explained, you cannot alter the entire 2B multiverse without getting rid of the DW, and as it turned out, it didn't affect the main multiverse at all.

What they are referring to is the Pokémon Journeys two part Palkia/Dialga arc.

What happened was that a parallel version of Team Rocket got access to the Red Chain and used it to have Palkia and Dialga fight each other causing gates to parallel worlds to open with their power (with parallel Ash/Dawn/Goh/etc being shown), where the Pokémon of that world were de-evovling and reverting to eggs.

Ash and the gang team up with their parallel counterparts, defeat parallel Team Rocket but have no way to stop Palkia and Dialga, then Arceus appears and Deus ex Machinas.

We are
Entei has Healing
And probably a whole lot more. But I don't have time for that. I'll be watching the pokemon series for the first time during my vacation. I'll make sure to note anything I can find while at it

Back