• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon discussion thread IX: Sudowoodo 4 prez.

All I want is Mewtwo vs Necrozma.....

Though this does sound interesting. If it'll be like the "I choose you" and current Lugia movie maybe Mewtwo will show off mega evolution or Z power?

How different do you think the stories of Pokémon games would be if you physically fought along side them (SMT style)?

As in, they get more than 4 moves/ a standard attack like in Mystery Dungeon. I feel like your trainer class could determine your move learnset. Psychic trainers gain Psychic abilities and high Special stats— though maybe you could speck into your own build.

How would that dynamic affect Gym battles? What if this partnership was turned off in friendly/gym battles?

I like the idea of having trainer classes, it's a core RPG element that Pokémon lacks, that allows for gameplay variety and it's a great mechanism for replayability.

Firstly... yesyesyesyeyesyesyesyes. Even after all these years, Mewtwo's still my favorite legendary. As cool as the Weather Trio, Deoxys, and the Creation Quartet are, none of them top my love for the cat.

Secondly, @Saik, Mewtwo Strikes Back and Pokemon the First Movie are the same thing lol.

That feel when fandom finally gets their shit together. I can finally see my notifications.

God, yes.

Hm.

Here's a neat couple of projects.

A. Make ALL Mons OU to RU; Starting with Raichu's like.

And...

B. List of Movesets that the Trainer character would learn based on his own Class.

We know Karate and Battle Girls are fighting types. I feel like TMs should be learnable too, and your character has Psuedo-Legend Base stat potential or something. Maybe humans "class up" instead of evolving?

Amexim said:
That feel when fandom finally gets their shit together.
But Chat is broken...

Anyway, yeah. A SMT style Pokemon game where you fight side-by-side would be neat. Or a new strategy game, that could be fun...

Psychics should definitely get every Psychic Move, lots of Ghost Moves, plus have a bunch of special moves of Electric, Fire, and Ice type. Can, of course, learn Water, Normal, and Grass type moves, along with Weather Moves, Recover, Morning Sun, and Moonlight. Also, Mystic Terrain. Nasty Plot and Calm Mind is a must, if not just Calm Mind. The special fighting moves work good here too, but maybe just as TMs?

Black Belts and Battle Girls get Every Fighting Move, along with a bunch of Stat boosting moves. Hard hitting physical moves, most of the time it does Recoil damage tho. We get stuff like Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, Double-Edge, Heat Crash, Heavy Slam. This thing is actually probably a more balanced class inherently, making you able to run any style. Focus Blast, Aura Sphere, Hyperbeam— the weakness it has for special moves is that there's little type coverage.

Just thoughts.

Gym Battles would be more Shounen Anime than ever before. Taking out the Trainer would probably be the best thing to do, so I don't know how you balance that...

Lol Gym Leaders would have their own movesets.

What if we made weaknesses go case by case, like in SMT? No type versus type. I mean, logically speaking, some of these typing weaknesses make no sense. If punching a Meowth is really good on it because it's not trained or skilled, everything that isn't fighting type should be weak to it for the same reason.

Making mods that basically place broken OCs with Stupid Saiyan transformations. Sounds horribly fun. And bad for balancing.

What would the plots be like?

Red would be a super strong badass to fight, and that would be incredible.

Give Madara Uchiha a hat and make him Mute...

And a Pikachu that wasn't garbage in game. Ugh.

Forget SMT.

Imagine Pokemon as an SAO style game. Where people go into VRMMO's as trainers to catch pokemon, can communicate with them via avatars and have to try and escape the game while legendaries try and kill you. Arceus is gonna be fun to fight against lol.

Unrelated but there is WAY too much Pokémon subcategories, my boy.

Pretty sure we should get rid of SOME of them.

I've been playing SMD for the first time and I just got to the part with the twist about the one turning pokemon to stone, and I did not see that coming.

He says that your defeat is the will of the universe and says multiple times that his will is basically the will of the universe. It kind of implies that his realm he created is a universe.

Wait, what. How are you supposed to go from Johto to Kanto by ferry?

Back