• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Although its body is small, its proficient fighting skills enable it to keep up with big bruisers like Machamp and Hariyama." - Pokemon X 'dex entry

So, Hawlucha and Hariyama are both Town level? I guess Hariyamas stats would be

Attack Potency: Unknow, likely Town level (Hawlucha's pokedex entry states that it is on both Machamp and Hariyama's level, implying that Hariyama is comparable to Machamp)

Mah boi.

I haven't seen that show in ages! (Ironically, it's actually come up in conversations relatively often in the past week with my friends and my shitposting on Discord) Kids WB had some great shows on it.

Darkanine said:
So, Hawlucha and Hariyama are both Town level? I guess Hariyamas stats would be
Attack Potency: Unknow, likely Town level (Hawlucha's pokedex entry states that it is on both Machamp and Hariyama's level, implying that Hariyama is comparable to Machamp)
I would assume so. It can also apparently stop a speeding train with one slap. A calc for that could be a good low end in place of the Unknown.

Huh. Didn't know that. Those two characters are nothing alike. Like, at all. Would've never guessed. Then again, a person voices a baby (Dil Pickles) a goth, a pony, a miserable kid (Timmy Turner), and many more.

lol

I decided to record voices for characters for my script. Turns out, the main was already voiced by Tara Strong. I didn't even do casting...

I tried to be a voice actor, then I took a Tara Strong to the knee.

Then Nolan North kicked the shit out of me for trying to have a male protagonist in a game not voiced by Nolan North.

lololol. Speaking of voice acting here's something funny:

The same person who voices Starfire voices Princess Bubblegum. But that's not the funny part. The twist comes in the fact that the same person who voices Slade voices the Lich. Yup. They play hero and villain in two different CN series.

What about Yuri Lowenthal? He's everywhere too. He's voiced Sasuke, Yosuke, Ricken, Ben Tennyson, Simon the Digger, hell, he's even voiced Superman at one point.

Darkanine said:
What about Yuri Lowenthal? He's everywhere too. He's voiced Sasuke, Yosuke, Ricken, Ben Tennyson, Simon the Digger, hell, he's even voiced Superman at one point.
True, but he's not on the Johnny Yong Bosch level of omnipresence, though.

Quick question. Since Heatran scales from regigigas, wouldn't Ash Greninja scale from Mega Charizard X? The two were rather evenly matched

JiroUchiha9 said:
Quick question. Since Heatran scales from regigigas, wouldn't Ash Greninja scale from Mega Charizard X? The two were rather evenly matched
I mean, probably? I can't remember what feats non-Origins Mega Charizard has, though.

Did Charizard X have any impressive feats? Keep in mind that Town level Charizard is only from Generation 1 Dex entries.

I'd have to find it, but there's a 'respect thread' for Mega Charizard X somewhere, which lists feats of various Zard X's from Red's to Alain's.

Going off movepool, shouldn't Greninja scale to Zard because of it's Seismic Toss feat?

I'll do Hariyama, Dugtrio and Ancient Alakazamm tommorow. Also, theirs a calc that puts Machamp at Subsonic so keep a lookout for that.

I'll do Gengar/Ancient Gengar tomorrow/today (since it's 4:00 AM where I am) once I get that calc for the temp lowering.

Shouldn't we put in the pokemon's page where they come from?

e.g.

Ash's Pikachu (Pokemon Anime) - From Anime stuff

Volcarona (Pokemon Games) - From Pokedex stuff

<Insert owner's name here> Dragonite (Pokemon Adventures) - From manga stuff

Just so there isn't any confusion or what not?

The real cal howard said:
LordAizenSama turns out to be the one shooting.

"I won't have Town level Magikarp"
Canon constantly states it is the weakest pokemon, any feat for it that is town level is PIS/outlier

@Gemmy I agree. There has been some minor confusion in the past so it may be best.

Isn't that backwards? Only higher evolutions should be scalable to lower evolutions by virtue of being stronger.

Scaling a horsea to a Kingdra is like scaling a musket to a Cheytak M200.

Horsea has no feats whatsoever that I find in the dex profile so there's nothing I can provide of note to fix that one. If kingdra has feats, he's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back