• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its animation seems to back up the fact that it causes a minor eruption, as when the ground splits open, there's clearly an orange glow, with volcanic fumes and bits of lava bursting forth, so I have no problem with it.

I just remembered should someone make a profile for the Unown as well?

I dont recall them having many AP or durability feats (well unless you want to count them not being even instantly phased during Dialga and Palkia's clash in their universe) but I do remember them having OP reality warping feats (Such as casually making new realities for Molly in the Spell of the Unown movie) and other hax abilities.

Here's more I found from Bulbpedia:

"The Pokédex and Professor Oak's research disagree on whether Unown communicates using electromagnetic waves or telepathy. Either way, it can be detected by the Pokégear radio, which interprets it as the melody of the Azure Flute. It is said that an "odd power" emerges when more than one Unown come together. In the anime, it is capable of reading the thoughts of other life forms. Great numbers of Unown are capable of distorting the reality to suit the dreams and wishes of whoever is in control of the Unown. However, they can only do this when more Unown are present, so it could be a shared effort rather than an ability unique to each Unown.''

"In the Pokémon Adventures manga
Unown first appeared in Into the Unow at the Ruins of Alph. During a battle with Team Rocket, Gold has his Sunbo use Flash, accidentally awakening the Unown from their slumber. Angered, the Unown retaliated on the Team Rocket Elite Trio, defeating them. Bugsy later returns to study the Ruins further in Hurray for Heracross, where he captures an Unown G and gave to one of his colleagues. Later as he searches for Suicune he finds two chambers with Unown markings. Using his device to translate them, they read the following.

Unown Romaji
[1][2][3][4][5][6][7] ANANUKE
[8][9][10][11][12] HOUOU
Three Unown appeared in a flashback in Raising Raichu, being the N, G and U forms.

In the FireRed & LeafGreen chapter, Sird gains the control of a small army of Unown after awakening them in the Tanoby Ruins. She initially uses them as a distraction against Lorelei, allowing her to defeat the Elite Four member. Sird later uses them to impede the progress of Red, Blue and Gree as they head to the Trainer Tower. Also, two Unown of the ! and ? forms followed Giovanni to Birth Island to relay his successful capture of Deoxys back to the Team Rocket Warehouse.

In the Diamond & Pearl chapter, a D and P Unown befriended Diamond, Pearl and Platinum in Solaceon Tow. The two enlisted the help of the Pokédex holders to free their friends from a chamber in the Solaceon Ruins. Later, they helped battle Team Galactic at Veilstone City.

In the HeartGold & SoulSilver chapter, a massive group of Unown were spawned at the Sinjoh Ruins when Arceus created Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina."

Pokedex Entry- "Because different types of Unown exist, it is said that they must have a variety of abilities."

Any thoughts on this?

An Unown page could be good down the line, I recall the having some good feats in the Entei movie as well.

You know who's gonna be really hard to find matches for? Celebi. Not because of its tiering, but because of its hax. I mean, I can put it against a ton of FT people, but who is gonna survive a time/causality manipulating being that can plant life draining seeds on your body?

Darkanine said:
An Unown page could be good down the line, I recall the having some good feats in the Entei movie as well.
Yea they basically made Molly God in her dream world lol. Kinda like Freddy Kruger only in the body of a little innocent girl xD

Cal, dont forget about Celebi's Time Ripple from the Zoroark movie too.

So on the Mewtwo page it says that Zygarde has fought Mega Mewtwo. When did this happen? I'm not completely caught up on the anime. Also, could this scale to Zygarde's speed?

Foggysniper said:
Also, could this scale to Zygarde's speed?
I don't think so, since the Zygarde cells are faster than Mega Mewtwo to a large degree, click on gif to see the full scene.
Zygarde speed

That scene may be able to be calculated though right? That could count for Zygarde's speed (since he doesn't have a speed stat at all right now in this wiki).

I just want someone to find confirmation for the Shiny Charm and Oval Charm still being staples in the Key Item list.

I don't want my living 'dex being totally useless.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
Harambe confirmed lol
Anyway looks like the rockeuff evos are Game exclusive, glad I'm getting moon
Just to gloat, I'm getting both so I get both of Rockruff's evos :p. Also I'm naming both monkeys Harambe XD

Guys I think we can add 2 more universes under Arceus' belt. Read this

When Rockruff is bathed in profuse amounts of solar energy, it evolves into its Midday Form. In the world of Pokémon Su, Solgaleo's influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

When Rockruff is bathed in an abundance of lunar energy, it evolves into its Midnight Form. In the world of Pokémon Moo, Lunala's influence causes Rockruff to evolve into this form.

Speaking of Rockruff, while I prefer the midday form, the midnight form is growing on me. Simply because of the lore--for lack of a better term-- behind it. It taunts enemies to attack it, to make them think it has a chance. When its eyes turn red from bloodlust, all bets are off. Taken from this article.

@Dragonmasterxyz. Sounds like PR talk to me so I'm not sure if we canuse that.

New Pokemon look sweet, Eevee's Z-Move is insane. Sun/Moon hype is still real.

Are there any official statements on how the Z moves work, and what the Z Moves themselves are like when initiated?

This just occured to me (and this is VERY likely hyperbole) but is the concept of Z-moves sort of reality warping? On bulbpedia they describe Z-moves as the trainer and Pokemon "combining" their "wishes" together to unleash one super powered attack. In other words this sounds like turning their "thoughts" into power.

Forgive me as this can be extremely ridiculous to claim im just going off of Bulbpedia's view of Z-moves.

Technically speaking, most separate versions are already separate universes. ORAS confirmed this. So yeah, Sun and Moon might as well be different "worlds".

Also dat Pikachu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back