• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, TMs and Move Tutor tends to just be that, teaching. The Pokémon doesn't gain any new abilities, it just learn how to do a specific move.

So their AP shouldn't change weather or not they know X move or not, if they can potentially learn it, their AP should be similar to the power showed by the move.

So Rypherior is City level to Small Island level? Nice! Also, the Three Legendary Dogs can cause eruptions from their roars so they should be City level as well.

Guys. Celebrity actually has feats! Skip to 45:17. Remember this part? Scales to Suicune, and through him, the rest of the beast trio. By the way, should the other fairies scale to Mew, who would scale to Mewtwo?

Not really.

Mudkip should also learn Rain Dance, and so does its evolution, which would likely scale to Sceptile.

So do you guys think starters would scale to each other as well? I think its only logical.

Darkanine said:
So do you guys think starters would scale to each other as well? I think its only logical.
At the very least, starters from the same region. They are consistently shown as being on the same playing field.

As in if a move only learned by TM or Move Tutor could affect the Pokémon's normal tiering, basing on the fact that TMs and such wouldn't boost the Pokémon in power, just teach them how to use a move.

@Fan Well in-games Moves have the same effect when used by anyone.

I don't think we should scale starters.The main reason the compete with one another is because of the rock,paper,scissor dynamic.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
As in if a move only learned by TM or Move Tutor could affect the Pokémon's normal tiering, basing on the fact that TMs and such wouldn't boost the Pokémon in power, just teach them how to use a move.
I think it's a safe bet. A corsola that know Earth Power is not inherently more powerful than a corsola that doesn't. It just knows the move that was calced to be at that tier.

How do you guys feel at a tier 7, time manipulating, acausal, potential causality manipulating, self healing grass fairy?

Should be. Was unaffected by a causality loop, and still existed in the messed up future when the main people changed it in explorers of time/darkness/sky.

@Rad, they're still consistently depicted as more or less equals in anime and manga. I think same region scaling starter scaling is fine. It make no sense of Charizard was 7-C, Venusaur was 8-B and Blastoise was 8-C.

Can someone link me the font used for the subtitle of older games, or a good contrasting font that is themed with space?

Im not sure if these are legit or not but I'll suggest them-

-While Celebi is on the table shouldnt it be near omnipresent? It's dex entries state that Celebi can exist across different (but not all) timelines simutaneously. The Pokemon 4Ever movie justifies this as when Celebi died via fatigue, Celebi's past (and IIRC future versions too) traveled through time to bring the dead Celebi back to life. From what this implies it means Celebi apparently is nigh omnipresent

-Speaking of Time Manipulation, Rotom should get a profile too while having Time Travel hax listed on it. I forgot the episode but sometime in XYZ Rotom fuses itself with an elevator and takes Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie back in time to the past to try and change the future for someone's hotel business or whatever. Should be legit right?

On a side note, I love how we already have 3 of these. Now I know how the DB fans feel (despite the fact that I made a few of those myself).

The feats actually start around 49 minutes in, but yeah that explosion looks around Town level to me.

@Fan Looks pretty cool.

Could someone link me the false kyogre calc so I can make the Jirachi profile soon? I wanna go out to party before it hits 11, and I really wanna do this first XD

Corsola is my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon, next to Noctowl.

Also, I found a pretty decent feat for Trapinch.

Generation III

Ruby Trapinch's nest is a sloped, bowl-like pit dug in sand. This Pokémon patiently waits for prey to tumble down the pit. Its giant jaws have enough strength to crush even boulders.
Sapphire Trapinch is a patient hunter. It digs an inescapable pit in a desert and waits for its prey to come tumbling down. This Pokémon can go a whole week without access to any water.
Emerald Its big jaws crunch through boulders. Because its head is so big, it has a hard time getting back upright if it tips over onto its back.

Actually, it would no longer be an outlier, as the Weather trio, Deoxys, Tao Trio, and Mortality Duo are almost as strong, if not, stronger.

@Saikou. The calc creator said that the high end would be an outlier, despite the high end being more likely (I think), so the low end was used. So it went from tens of exatons to low gigatons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back