• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real cal howard said:
@Saikou. The calc creator said that the high end would be an outlier, despite the high end being more likely (I think), so the low end was used. So it went from tens of exatons to low gigatons.
But since other Pokemon are now around that level of power (roughly), Jirachi can keep it's 72 Exaton rating, right?

...Could moves like Aurora Beam or Blizzard be calced in anyway?

I mean, Earth Power was calced, so I would assume these two might be possible.

@Weekly: If you put it in caps to emphasize your words to tell others not to edit, maybe they'd understand...

@Gimmy Depends. Earth Power was calc'd because the descrption. I think moves like Blizzard, Fire Blast, Hurricane etc seem like solid 9-A feats though.

I found some good feats for Swampert, they should be able to scale to Sceptile.

Gen VI

X Its arms are hard as rock. With one swing, it can break a boulder into pieces.
Y It can swim while towing a large ship. It bashes down foes with a swing of its thick arms.
Omega Ruby Swampert is very strong. It has enough power to easily drag a boulder weighing more than a to. This Pokémon also has powerful vision that lets it see even in murky water.

Darkanine said:
I found some good feats for Swampert, they should be able to scale to Sceptile.
Gen VI

X Its arms are hard as rock. With one swing, it can break a boulder into pieces.
Y It can swim while towing a large ship. It bashes down foes with a swing of its thick arms.
Omega Ruby Swampert is very strong. It has enough power to easily drag a boulder weighing more than a to. This Pokémon also has powerful vision that lets it see even in murky water.

These are 8-B level feats, right?

Jirachi's high end could most certainly be used. We have numerous tier 5 pokemon, now.

Jirachi's only other major feat is Country level, and that's simply from the result of a single wish made by a person, not Jirachi really trying to do anything.

On Jirachi's profile it should be noted that its wish granting isnt really just limited to teleportation since its likely that in the movie it just got lazy and decided to just teleport stuff like Max's candy, instead of bothering to put in any actual energy into creating them itself. And it makes sense since Jirachi did this literally seconds after waking up from its 1000 year nap so its not expected of Jirachi to be at full effort.

Also, how does this sound? Darkanine helped with it a lot.

"Due to the vast inconsistencies of the series, Pokemon scaling should be heavily limited, and the only Pokemon that should be created are the ones with feats. However, there are some exceptions. Pokemon with split evoultionary lines, rival pokemon (such as Zanzgoose and Seviper), starters from the same generation, and Pokemon from the same evolutionary line."

Maybe add "Power-Scaling can however be applied to Legendary Pokemon as they are generally more consistent with feats. Regardless, standard rules apply and if scaling would lead to an outlier, it is not to be used as well" or something. At least, I think we use power-scaling for legendaries.

Considering that there's some pretty good feats for Infernape and Empoleon, and legend states of a 6-A Torterra, I don't know...

Darkanine said:
Fair point. Poor Darkrai. Maybe we can scale him to Gen 4 starters?
The problem is, no matter how we scale Darkrai, it'll be either a huge lowball or inconsistent as hell.

His speed feats range from MHS to Infinite.

His AP feats range from Town level to High Universe level.

Torterra was believed to be the mass of land that Pokemon lived on in the days of old.

A very big Torterra, but still.

YES one of my favs has a page now

Looks awesome. Tho I reccomend (if anyone is fine with this) that Fate/Destiny Manipulation should also be added for Jirachi via its move Doom Desire.

Cal,maybe for the Torterra page we do what we did for the Super Mutants.

Also good job with the pages I was gonna make a Feraligatr profile but I couldn't find anything out of viciously kills prey and blows shit up for the Johto starters.

Just a thought, but what about a Hippopotas/Hippowdon Page? Shouldn't it be around the same as Trapinch/Vibrava/Flyogn, at least in terms of AP?

I mean, sure, They don't have Earth Power, but they can still make sandstorms and use Earthquake.

Also, for Vibrava, it's stated that it uses "Ultrasonic" attacks like Supersonic quite often, which is sound based. So should it have an attack speed specified thanks to that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back