• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planetary tournament high 5-A bracket round 1 match 1 Way Big vs Bardock

I don't know why Lifting Strength is such a deal breaker here when a basic Ki Attack like Explosive Wave which just has the user expend their Ki in an Omnidirectional Blast from the users body would literally blow Way Big's Hands off if he tried to grab him and crush him.
Wouldn't Ult Way Bigs superhuman speed or Attack reflection spin allow to dodge such blasts.

I don't know why Lifting Strength is such a deal breaker here when a basic Ki Attack like Explosive Wave which just has the user expend their Ki in an Omnidirectional Blast from the users body would literally blow Way Big's Hands off if he tried to grab him and crush him.
I don't think any Dragon Ball character has used an Explosive Wave when they were grappled or crushed by a larger character (Goku didn't do it against Vegeta, Lord Slug, or Baby, Gohan didn't do it against Cell, Bojack, Broly, or Hirudegarn, Piccolo didn't do against to Lord Slug and Krillin didn't do it when he was bearhugged by one of Cooler's robots, etc)

Size is actually a pretty big demerit if you're weaker than the enemy. Way big isn't even faster due to speed equal, so the time he'd take to extend his arm to grab Bardock would let the man just dodge to the side pretty easily. He can throw blasts at it, and if he does go for punches then Way Big would have a really awkward time trying to grab him.

I vote Bardock.

Size is actually a pretty big demerit if you're weaker than the enemy. Way big isn't even faster due to speed equal, so the time he'd take to extend his arm to grab Bardock would let the man just dodge to the side pretty easily. He can throw blasts at it, and if he does go for punches then Way Big would have a really awkward time trying to grab him.

I vote Bardock.
I don’t think that would be a much of a problem for Way Big as he has been able to accurately hit and grab things much smaller and faster than himself, such as in his debut where he was able to destroy 3 jets and grab a fleeing Vilgax, not to mention Way Big has also been able to shoot small targets like Gwen and Hands of Armageddon (The latter being this small)

As Ultimate Way Big, Ben has become much more skilled since then as not only do Ultimate forms enhance the combat abilities of his aliens, but in his base form Way Big was able to stomp a giant-sized Vilgax in H2H combat, and the latter has more than 200 years of experience as he’s been around since the 1770s.

If Bardock tries spamming ki blasts or using a Riot Javelin, Way Big can easily deflect them by doing this...

IMG_9814.gif

Last edited:
But how many of those people can actually move at an equal rate to Way Big? That's a massive deal. By the time his arm would cross twenty meters, Bardock would also move twenty meters. None of your exemples for small stuff he hits are able to match it in speed like that.

And even then, how many were actively stronger than it? Simply reaching for Bardrock would simply get its hand blasted.

Vilgax sure wasn't even comparable so there's no point bringing him up, way big could literally grab his arm and slam it against his face while joking, then go on to toss him aside with ease. Squidman being old doesn't mean much of anything for skill either, especially since the main point of his character is that he's overwhelmingly powerful and the one time he "trained" to beat Ben he gathered more powers rather than training technique, and we see the fight with our eyes. There wasn't much skill involved.

Trying to apply martial skill to a fight with such a size disparity is also pretty useless.

But how many of those people can actually move at an equal rate to Way Big?
People are supposed to be equal to Way Big in speed according to Zamasu’s latest speed revision iirc.
And even then, how many were actively stronger than it? Simply reaching for Bardrock would simply get its hand blasted.
Dagon is.
especially since the main point of his character is that he's overwhelmingly powerful
He’s actually not that strong pre-OS. He mainly uses skill against Max.

People are supposed to be equal to Way Big in speed according to Zamasu’s latest speed revision iirc.
You see them move on-screen. They aren't moving as fast as Way Big. They aren't tens of times slower, but they can't move the same distance that Way Big's arm can when he's reaching out for them.

Dagon is.
And it's not the size or Bardrock. Way Big can't exactly try to grab him and yoyo over the place at once.

He’s actually not that strong pre-OS. He mainly uses skill against Max.
Not in the fight you set, he didn't.

You see them move on-screen. They aren't moving as fast as Way Big. They aren't tens of times slower, but they can't move the same distance that Way Big's arm can when he's reaching out for them.
Way Big and the elephant have the same speed. Malware and Way Big have the same speed
Not in the fight you set, he didn't.
I didn’t send anything. That said couldn’t you just say that Way Big is just so good that he made Vilgax look like a joke despite his established skill? Ben 10 usually has this problem where they don’t show the skill of people properly. While if you follow the scaling chain (of who wins against who in what way), they should be very skilled.

Way Big and the elephant have the same speed. Malware and Way Big have the same speed

...Both of those clips have the smaller foe outmaneuver the bigger one though..?

The proof you provided for Way Big being able to catch smaller people is the jets, which clearly weren't flying as fast as he can strike, and Vilgax, who couldn't even cross a few meters in the time Way Big takes to reach down and move his hand several tens of meters. Unless you can show me Way Big defeating someone who is stronger - the jets weren't even able to hurt it for instance, Bardock would send him tumbling back if he threw blasts his way - and fast enough that by the time he could extend his hand the enemy moves just as long a distance... my point stands.

I didn’t send anything. That said couldn’t you just say that Way Big is just so good that he made Vilgax look like a joke despite his established skill? Ben 10 usually has this problem where they don’t show the skill of people properly. While if you follow the scaling chain (of who wins against who in what way), they should be very skilled.
By send I meant link. Way Big didn't need skill to do what he did. He grabbed Vilgax's fist and slammed it into his own face. Then, he threw Vilgax aside. Vilgax was weaker here, there wasn't some super martial arts to hit just at the right moment. It was plain overpowering the enemy.

And no, that logic does not follow.
First of all, why is Vilgax skilled? Because he is old and fights a lot? As I said above, he is very clearly presented as an unstoppable juggernaut who beats you down with his might. In the original series he uses drugs to further grow his muscles if he needs to win, he doesn't take stances or perform optimal grapple holds. When he comes back for revenge, he didn't train his skill to get an upper hand, he stole powers and technology from others.

Secondly, you can't use scaling chains to decide who is more skilled. A hundred kilo, two-meters tall man will beat the ass of a seventy-kilo, hundred-fifty cm martial artist without need for skill, regardless of if they go at it hand-to-hand. Something as simple as being taller and having more reach can void skill as something of use in a fight. All of Ben's aliens have stuff that makes scaling skill impossible, from extra limbs to being very clearly stronger, as was the case with Way Big here.

The other guy did. Also people’s travel speed tends to be massively inferior to their combat speed in Ben 10.
First of all, why is Vilgax skilled?
Because he is untouchable by a planetary army of ectonurites (Ghostfreak’s species) for a few weeks.
he didn't train his skill to get an upper hand
Debatable, but this would only increase OS Ben’s skill if he didn’t.
...Both of those clips have the smaller foe outmaneuver the bigger one though..?
Yeah, the point was that the smaller guys have comparable speed to the bigger guys. Similar to Bardock, so while Bardock could try and do the same thing as them. Way Big has experience with targeting small people with comparable speed such as Gwen.
Secondly, you can't use scaling chains to decide who is more skilled.
I can, just not in all cases. It’s quite trivial to just scale Way Big’s skill from Diamondhead or other aliens. Also Vilgax’s skill is good enough to render a massive hax advantage obsolete so your examples don’t really work well. There’s also bounty hunter scaling who obviously specialize in taking down vastly different alien species.

...Just show me sources for the claims.

He can fight a lot of x, he won against y, etc.? That's fine, but how did he? If it's on-screen, just post the fight and we can visibly see the skill involved. If its off-screen, why should we assume skill instead of might and powers? Even if Vilgax is skilled, why would it matter when Way Big is clearly, obviously stronger than him to the extreme?

Same for Way Big dealing with a smaller opponent. All examples I saw were against opponents who were weaker to the extent of being unable to even hurt him. So show me a fight where he can fight someone as strong as him, as fast as him in movement, and as small as him.
Unless all three of those factors are present, then it doesn't matter.

Did he fight something as small and fast as him, but not as strong? That's great, but like with the planes shown above, he just tanked their blasts and whipped his hand against them until he hit them - doing that against Bardock will have him fall on his ass after the first blast.
Something as strong and fast, but not small? That's great, but again, a completely different thing.
Something as small and powerful, but not able to move more than a few meters by when he reaches down to grab them? That doesn't matter either, Bardock wouldn't be tagged that easily.

...Just show me sources for the claims.
Sure, but I got people for that @DemonicDude.
why should we assume skill instead of might and powers?
Off-screen mostly, it’s skill cause might and powers doesn’t cut it against them. Like he can oneshot them sure, but once they go intangible he needs to masterfully dodge them or he gets possessed.
why would it matter when Way Big is clearly, obviously stronger than him to the extreme?
Skill-scaling to DH who isn’t stronger than Vilgax. And I’m seriously doubtful if Primus Vilgax is that much weaker than Way Big, granted I didn’t really analyze the fight all that much before this.
So show me a fight where he can fight someone as strong as him, as fast as him in movement, and as small as him.
Technically Gwen should get a variable tier and qualify but due to how the fight went it doesn’t really matter.

I think the best I got for you would be (full size) Humungousaur dealing with smaller opponents. Since obviously Ben doesn’t lose that experience between aliens.

So I assume you need Vilgax vs Ectonurite scans ? They are all on Ben's profile for his feats.
  • Ben defeated Vilgax who fought Ectonurite/ghost alien army for weeks on his planet tirelessly (Scan). Yet Ben defeated him and outskilled him in one on one battle (Scan). Vilgax is a 200 year old intergalactic warlord who has “Conquered 10 planets and crushed heroes of those 10 planets” (Scan) even after absorbing the power of 10 different heroes from ten different planets and conquering their home world he failed to defeat Ben as Ben defeated him

They just charge head on though. So long as he has the speed and stamina, he didn't need skill to just smack them over and over.

Skill-scaling to DH who isn’t stronger than Vilgax.
Every fight between Ben and Vilgax I remember involved raw power and abilities, not an exchange of masterful strikes.

I think the best I got for you would be (full size) Humungousaur dealing with smaller opponents. Since obviously Ben doesn’t lose that experience between aliens.
I'm pretty sure the same applies to him. Been a while since I watched that part of Ben 10, but Humungousaur is almost always faster and stronger than those smaller than him.

My point is, having a smaller size but moving as fast and hitting stronger is an advantage, plain out. Radiation might do it - though I doubt poisoning an enemy to death ever really happens - but in a straight things favor Bardock heavily.

Imma switch my vote to vote to Bardock. If Way Big can grab him, it might be over, but speed being equalized despite the size difference really screws him over.

I don't think any Dragon Ball character has used an Explosive Wave when they were grappled or crushed by a larger character (Goku didn't do it against Vegeta, Lord Slug, or Baby, Gohan didn't do it against Cell, Bojack, Broly, or Hirudegarn, Piccolo didn't do against to Lord Slug and Krillin didn't do it when he was bearhugged by one of Cooler's robots, etc)
Because they had comparable ap if not higher

Here bardock one shots so i think its different

Back