• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planetary KE calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my question lies in what did that have to do with Pokemon, because that’s what this stems from. Strym’s calc should’ve been fine.
I have no idea. In any case, the discussion has moved to the other separate Pokemon thread and it's mostly a Pokemon-related issue from what I've gathered (Something something manga game anime lore or so) so I think we should discuss it there instead of this thread, prolly best to close this one to avoid further confusion.

I have no idea. In any case, the discussion has moved to the other separate Pokemon thread and it's mostly a Pokemon-related issue (Something something manga game anime lore or so) so I think we should discuss it there instead of this thread, prolly best to close this one to avoid further confusion.
I think we should discuss there once we've dealt with the cal here

I think we should discuss there once we've dealt with the cal here
Nothing much left here to deal with other than the fact that this is a Pokemon-related issue, the other calcs you linked don't even fall into the category as those calcs used cinematic timeframe and thus never had the whole "timeframe assumption" or the "all the debris having travelled the same distance" issue.

Nothing much left here to deal with other than the fact that this is a Pokemon-related issue, the other calcs you linked don't even fall into the category as those calcs used cinematic timeframe and thus never had the whole "timeframe assumption" or the "all the debris having travelled the same distance" issue.
KKKK

Which calc group members should I notify to come here, and can somebody summarise the discussion so it is easier for them to evaluate please? KLOL perhaps?

Last edited:
Okay. We need some more suggestions and a summary though.

We don't need it tho? It's simple, just pay more attention while calcing said feats with KE, because not all the mass (debris, chunks) moved the same distance in the same timeframe. A proper way to calc this, is if the mass expanded and moved enough to be off screen. Ugarik can write it better if you tag him.

Scan (Actual panel height that should be used is 317), the small rectangle where we see the floating debris)
  • New planet Diameter : sqrt(1-(tan(35)(1978/317))^2/((tan(35)(1978/317))^2+1))*12742 = 4082.63263751 km = 4082632.63751 m
  • Planet diameter = 1978 px = 4082632.63751 m
  • Distance the debris crossed = 1260.69 px =2602090.06056 m
Low end:
  • Time = 30 s
  • Speed = 86736.33535 m/s
  • KE = 0.5 * 2.77e22 * (86736.33535^2) = 1.04196207398775085771625e+32 Joule / 24.903491252 Zettatons (Small Planet level)
Mid end
  • Time = 15 s
  • Speed = 173472.670704 m/s
  • KE = 0.5 * 2.77e22 * (173472.670704^2) = 4.1678483e+32 Joule / 99.613965 Zettatons (Planet level)
High end
  • Time = 5 s
  • Speed = 520418.012112 m/s
  • KE = 0.5 * 2.77e22 * (520418.012112^2) = 3.751063466529e+33 Joule / 896.52568511687377395 zettatons (Planet level)
@Ugarik

Is this acceptable to you, and if so, which end result?

KE can only be used if the entire mass of the planet had left the screen in the given timeframe (like in Frieza calc).
Aight then.

BTW, the Toei Piccolo calc operates in the same way but Kep got the timeframe wrong for that, it actually takes 13 seconds for the debris to spread out and leave the screen. Plus he messed up a bit on the pixel-scaling, which I'll fix later.

Last edited:
We didn't agree with that. I'm still against it, you didn't debunk any of my arguments.

Cal didn't even argue anymore, Kukui doesn't know about calculations, he didn't answer anymore. And you... yeah, don't even need to say that. The mass didn't left the screen in one panel, so no, you can't use that.

The planet was leaved completely without the crust, otherwise explain why it has a completely uniform color palette...

Now that I look further upon this, ye, it becomes pretty iffy to figure out if there's a proper point to show where all the mass leaves within that timeframe since it's a manga.

To be clear tho, the Frieza feat mass spreading was like, uber fast. Like, one freakin' second.

Kukui doesn't know about calculations, he didn't answer anymore.
Check the other thread, I did. I said I still stand by my previous stance

The debris fragments being in different postions does not mean they didn’t move the same distance in the same timeframe (And KLOL agreed with me here).

Yeah fine, still rejecyed by now. I'll not waste our time discussing what is rejected now.

Now that I look further upon this, ye, it becomes pretty iffy to figure out if there's a proper point to show where all the mass leaves within that timeframe since it's a manga.

To be clear tho, the Frieza feat mass spreading was like, uber fast. Like, one freakin' second.
Hm? I'm pretty sure that at the central panel it was shown all the mass leaving from the planet, and in the next one all of it was shown outiside the planet, but whatevers

KLOL himself said the mass didn't left the planet in the timeframe... Ugarik obviously doesn't agree with the calc.

I really don’t care whether you think it’s rejected or not, discussion is still going and there’s contention against it.

Also, FYI, the 896 Zettaton result was made from KLOL, not Strym. And Ugarik agreed with everything KLOL said.
No, he said that KE is only applicable if all the mass is shown to leave the screen within the calculated timeframe, like in the case of Frieza, Piccolo, King Vegeta and the like.

No, he said that KE is only applicable if all the mass is shown to leave the screen within the calculated timeframe, like in the case of Frieza, Piccolo, King Vegeta and the like.
Then he needs to come back again to give a specific evaluation on the calculated numbers themselves, from what I see.

I don't know why do you guys need to lie.
Come on man don't just outright accuse them of lying. They prolly didn't see the reply Ugarik actually made, even I didn't know what part of what I said he was agreeing with until I asked for it.

So, what? Does this mean the meteor feat can't be calced with KE now because we can't prove the entire mass of the planet's crust moved offscreen in the assumed timeframe?

Or am I misunderstanding something here?

"lied" because Ugarik disagrees with his opinion that was only his...

KLOL agreed with KE being usable here, don't you remember or you don't want to?

They straight up lied, whats the problem?
Of course you’d pivot to this

But anyway, no. Ugarik initially said everything, so we went off that because of what “everything” obviously meant.

Not my fault that people aren’t being clear about what they meant and mistakenly misled people

"lied" because Ugarik disagrees with his opinion that was only his...

KLOL agreed with KE being usable here, don't you remember or you don't want to?
I said it was agreeable only if it leaves the entire screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back