• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Planet busting "level" of Saiyan Saga Vegeta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually know that Vegeta was going to turn the Earth into space dust after all what Goku did to him while he was overpowered by the Kaioken x3. I was actually wondering, was he a planet buster when he charges and fires his Galick Gun or was it when he was at full strength? And it's a solid Earth-sized level, correct?

Currently, we have Vegeta at Planet level due to him being stated to obliterate Earth with his Galic gun. Since Vegeta's Galic gun isn't fueled by an extra power source of any kind, and based off of his own power. Vegeta's overall tiering would be Planet level just for that feat alone.

Yes, Goku's Kaioken x3 would scale to this.

So...

Goku overpowered Vegeta with his KKX3 (Also, via his 8000 Ki at base, rhat will make him 24000 with KKx3 compared to Vegeta's 18000) But, then Goku needed KKx4 to beat Vegeta's Galick Gun (And this without the fact that the Kamehameha is somehow a multiplier too)

Goku's KKx3 Kamehameha matched Vegetoa's Galic gun, so it would still scale anyways. KKx4 just tipped the scale overboard, that's all.

I believe there is a power level rating for Vegeta's Galic gun; it was like 36000 I believe.

Stills That means that Vegeta's Galick Gun is about his regular stats

Also, why Goku is just Planet level? He only matched Vegeta's GG via KaioKen

I am rather iffy in regards to using power levels for AP, because it would bring major inconsistensies in terms of the current stats we have now...

I think it's because Goku's kaioken increases his strength by a set number; in this case, Kaioken x3 would increase Goku's AP by three times, or a bit more if Kamehameha's involved.

Still, based on Vegeta's statement that he was going to destroy the Earth, Vegeta would have to be somewhere in 5-B. Depending on where Vegeta sits in 5-B, Goku would still qualify for 5-B even if he was a couple of times weaker than Vegeta in base.

That the problem, Vegeta was weaker than Goku's KKx3

But then he was able to Match him with his Galick Gun

I did notice that they did do the beam struggle from the Galick Gun vs Kaioken x3 Kamehameha from that moment on until being overpowered by the quadruple Kaioken. So does that mean Vegeta's 5-B when firing the Galick Gun?

Even if I'm using numbers and with power levels involved, so pardon me for using this, Vegeta's like 2.25x stronger than Goku, yet with the Kaioken x3 active, he's 1.333x stronger than Vegeta, until then, their Galick Gun and Kaioken Kamehameha combo's evenly matched until overpowered by the Kaioken x4. Based on the number you said, @Lina Shields, that would mean his Galick Gun doubles his combat strength. So let's see, Goku's 24,000 with the 3x Kaioken, so with the numbers there, it's 1.5x from the power increase of his normal Kamehameha. The Super Kamehameha however more than doubles his combat strength since Raditz says that it's rising yet he did stop it with his own hands. I'd say about... 2.5? What do you think?

Well, the power level increases for energy attacks stopped being relevant soon after Saiyan Saga ended, as there was no mention of power level increases from energy attacks after that point.

However, since this is about the Saiyan Saga, all you need to know here is that Vegeta's Galic Gun was able to match dead even with Kaioken x3 Goku's Kamehameha wave.

Thus, Vegeta's Galic Gun boost > Goku's Kamehameha boost at that point due to the fact that Kaioken x3 Goku was beating the living crap out of Vegeta before that.

I suppose that made sense, and I have been wondering about his normal condition compared to the power boost from his Galick Gun being planet level. Would that mean he's at least Small Planet level+, Planet level with the Galick Gun? Or would he just simply stick to Planet level at base? (But his attack would increase over that level, of course.)

Personally, I would just stick to Planet level at base. If we are not going by power levels, Vegeta should be way stronger compared to Raditz, who should be stronger compared to the Piccolo who blew up the Moon.

Even if we go by power levels, Vegeta should still be at Planet level as Piccolo's power level was 350 or something when he blew up the Moon.

I believe based on the numbers Raditz mentioned, Piccolo's 322 (408 without weighted clothing) when first encountered. I wasn't sure if he's gotten stronger from the time he picked up Gohan and having him to survive on his own and became an Oozaru after seeing the full moon.

Still, Piccolo blew the Moon up at that point, and Vegeta is vastly stronger than him, as well as Nappa, so he still would qualify for straight up Planet level, I think.

Whether or not we go with power levels or not, Vegeta's current rating of Planet level is based off of his highest showing, Galic Gun, which threatened to bust Earth. Depending on where Vegeta sits at Galic Gun, Great Ape Vegeta would still be at Planet level in terms of AP, even if Vegeta does get a significant power increase in his Oozaru form.

There was a discussion here before on whether we use power levels or not to scale AP, and it was for the best that we not use power levels to scale as this would create major inconsistencies in terms of their tiering.

For example, Vegeta would have to be Dwarf Star level, and Piccolo would have to be Large Planet level for busting the Moon if we go solely by power levels (Frieza's supernova was rated at Dwarf Star level+), which is likely not the case.

The point is that whether or not we use power levels, Vegeta is still rated Planet level for being shown to be much stronger than the Piccolo who blew up the Moon as well as being only threaten to bust a mere planet with his Galic Gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back