• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pizza Tower AP Concerns: Both Upgrades and Downgrades

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Okay, so there are two things that can be accounted for here. First, there's the upgrade.

On the upgrade end, Peppino's AP while enraged over the fact that he had to face every boss again would get upgraded from 0.575 tons of TNT to 0.908 tons of TNT.: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...:_Re-Calcing_the_Pulverization_of_Pizza_Tower

This feat is based on the true scale of Pizzahead's crack sprite, which is a lot bigger than what was shown in the game even when the sprite is clearly identical.

Now, the downgrades...

The profile lists Peppino's AP as 440.9 MJ based on... Breaking 4 marble blocks. Not only is that claim unsourced, but the value listed is for Peppino breaking a singular metal block, which Peppino couldn't do without either going Mach 2 or more or body-slamming at just the right height. I dunno if his shoulder bash and super jump can break metal blocks, though. His AP would be more like 127.2 MJ from, well, the fact that Pizza Tower is one of those games whose mechanics let you break two blocks at once.

At the same time, Peppino can destroy (based on the fact that aluminum is used to build spaceships) crudely-built aluminum blocks with his normal moveset just like he already did with marble blocks:

Aluminum has a low-end shear strength of 50 MPa (50 j/cc): https://www.azom.com/article.aspx?ArticleID=2863

Plus the dark spots in the chunklets that spew out of aluminum blocks should be an indicator as to how thick the walls of the aluminum blocks are. I'll see about calcing it later, but for now, that's what I can say about his AP. It is inadvisable to use anything other than the low-end shear strength of aluminum here due to how crude the blocks looked.

Oh yeah, why is Peppino's shoulder bash not listed in his profile? People are doing Lap 3 runs trying not to become pizza food to flex their Pizza Tower skills, and yet here we are not knowing what a shoulder bash is. So yeah, there ya have it.

Last edited:
This may be a tiny bit off topic, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but this seems important to ask: Could Kinetic Energy be used for Peppino? I mean, one of his main methods of attack is literally just ramming into people at full speed. And when he's not at Mach 2 yet, even basic enemies can survive his ramming, only being stunned. Just looking at our standards for it...

"The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so."

"A verse consistently treats speed, and its relation to attack potency, in a realistic manner. Calculating kinetic energy from a character's speed isn't problematic, if it's clear that the story they're from doesn't separate speed from one's general capacity for destruction."

These are both pretty legit, given that Peppino's speed directly correlates with his ability to break certain blocks and damage certain enemies.

Assuming Peppino is of average weight for an american man in his 50s (Which is probably a lowball just looking at him), and then applying his accepted movement speed (Which isn't calc stacking, as Peppino can ram enemies with this lightning onscreen):

Peppino's ramming at Mach 2 would come out to ~2425 tons of TNT, or 2.424 kilotons, comfortably into Small Town level. Peppino's normal attacks should also downscale from this since they can damage bosses who can survive his Mach 2 ramming.

At Mach 3, he gets to ~8753 tons of TNT, or 8.753 kilotons, pretty low into Town level. The likes of Pizzahead and enraged Peppino would probably be on this level.

Though I may be wrong somehow.

This may be a tiny bit off topic, and I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but this seems important to ask: Could Kinetic Energy be used for Peppino? I mean, one of his main methods of attack is literally just ramming into people at full speed. And when he's not at Mach 2 yet, even basic enemies can survive his ramming, only being stunned. Just looking at our standards for it...

"The kinetic energy displayed is directly shown to be as a result of speed, or at least heavily implied to be so."

"A verse consistently treats speed, and its relation to attack potency, in a realistic manner. Calculating kinetic energy from a character's speed isn't problematic, if it's clear that the story they're from doesn't separate speed from one's general capacity for destruction."

These are both pretty legit, given that Peppino's speed directly correlates with his ability to break certain blocks and damage certain enemies.

Assuming Peppino is of average weight for an american man in his 50s (Which is probably a lowball just looking at him), and then applying his accepted movement speed (Which isn't calc stacking, as Peppino can ram enemies with this lightning onscreen):

Peppino's ramming at Mach 2 would come out to ~2425 tons of TNT, or 2.424 kilotons, comfortably into Small Town level. Peppino's normal attacks should also downscale from this since they can damage bosses who can survive his Mach 2 ramming.

At Mach 3, he gets to ~8753 tons of TNT, or 8.753 kilotons, pretty low into Town level. The likes of Pizzahead and enraged Peppino would probably be on this level.

That is considered calc-stacking, which we frown upon.

Best you can do is use Steam's game page saying he's "a Supersonic Italian man"

I think KE isn't used because the destruction he makes is way too small, as he'd do far more than just breaking big bricks if he runs with Tier 7 energy.

They tie very nicely considering we can't use the MHS values
A 60 kg man running at Mach 1.1 gets high into Wall level methinks
This matches with Peppino destroying Marble Blocks and, wouldn't you guess it, walls
Mach 2 and 3 I'm not sure but the KE doesn't contradict anything really, I doubt they'll reach the values the profile currently uses though

I'm also neutral in this CRt

You could still use this with his Mach run at Mach Speed tho

I'm pretty sure there's enough evidence to justify using that as even the store page itself mentions him being supersonic

So uh i guess it'd be more accurate to scale Peppi's base attacks to 9-A+ at 554 MJ and scale his Mach 2 type attacks to 1.5 gigajoules? Or how should we handle it? Cause Peppi is weird overall, he can hurt bosses with his punches and can hurt them to the same extent with his mach 2 type attacks. Should we just scale him to at most 1.5 gigajoules with normal attacks and higher with mach runs?

So uh i guess it'd be more accurate to scale Peppi's base attacks to 9-A+ at 554 MJ and scale his Mach 2 type attacks to 1.5 gigajoules? Or how should we handle it? Cause Peppi is weird overall, he can hurt bosses with his punches and can hurt them to the same extent with his mach 2 type attacks. Should we just scale him to at most 1.5 gigajoules with normal attacks and higher with mach runs?
His base attack is the Grab Dash, which isn't really the same attack as the throw, right? I feel like the idea of "at most 1.5 gigajoules with normal attacks" would work fine.
The profile lists Peppino's AP as 440.9 MJ based on... Breaking 4 marble blocks. Not only is that claim unsourced, but the value listed is for Peppino breaking a singular metal block, which Peppino couldn't do without either going Mach 2 or more or body-slamming at just the right height. I dunno if his shoulder bash and super jump can break metal blocks, though. His AP would be more like 127.2 MJ from, well, the fact that Pizza Tower is one of those games whose mechanics let you break two blocks at once.
From what I remember, the Shoulder Bash is considered a Mach 2 attack, which lets it break metal blocks.

On a random side note, who is LeoEpicGamer8910 (mentioned by Therefir)? I don't think I saw that person in any of the CRT threads from before.

Back