• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pixel Scaling and Pixel Conversion

Peter_"Quicksilver"_Maximoff

VS Battles
Retired
Yo everyone,does anyone now a good program or site that can pixel scaling for a beginner?

And after I get the pixel measurements, how would you I convert it to actual real world length,width,etc

the most useful and powerful program for beginners is called... Paint.

About the conversion part, it's up to you if you use meters, foots or inches, if you have the length of the object/character in pixel, the height (in whatever unit you use) = the value of pixel obteined. But remember, the final result should be converted to match with the standard system

Pixels themselves can't be converted into meters (well they can but its not recommended at all). Basically, if say Character A is 2 Meters tall and has a height of 252 Pixels, then 252 Pixels = 2 Meters. Of course depth and angels can make stuff complicated.

Antoniofer said:
the most useful and powerful program for beginners is called... Paint.
About the conversion part, it's up to you if you use meters, foots or inches, if you have the length of the object/character in pixel, the height (in whatever unit you use) = the value of pixel obteined. But remember, the final result should be converted to match with the standard system
Are you refreeing to paint.net? or the the regular paint software that pre installed on all computers?

Both should work fine, though I prefer Paint.Net (extra layers make counting the pixels easier imo).

^You would need a reference to find the size of that crater, I can't see any notable object/people to scale with

Mmm... maybe the guy in white's height could work, the bad thing is that the top of the crater can't be see it.

The first pic doesn't work much.

Peter "Quicksilver" Maximoff said:
E55d4a82e5d4cbe67fa1d4525bffa53d

Here's another one
The image is really small so I can't really tell, but is that a person? If so you can use his height to assume the size of the crater.

that one is better, I can see the top (kinda) this time. But seems starnge, the hole shape seems different in these last pics than the first one

Antoniofer said:
that one is better, I can see the top (kinda) this time. But seems starnge, the hole shape seems different in these last pics than the first one
There at the edge of the hole (long ways) that may the reason why

anyway do you need a another scan?, becasue i can try and find some.....

Welp, can't help much, I'm busy with the college exams; but can't be that hard, try to take a look at others calcs

Back