• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Pixel Scaling and Height

FantaRin_The_First

Username Only
As it implies from the title, I have a question 'bout pixel scaling and heights, you see... er... put it simply, let's say that I have something I want pixel scaled and that I have a very notable tree and have the height of said tree- however, due to an odd camera angle, the tree I want to use is half-covered up, and the tree itself is the only thing that can reliably be used to scale the heights of the thing I want pixel scaled; so what do I do here?

Do I assume the height of the tree is the same? Do I just divide the height of it in half? Does it depend on how covered it is and its elevation- like if it is flat on the ground or if it is high up?

BTW, the tree, in this case, is only meant to serve as an example and get the general geist of what I am trying to say across to everyone. I repeat, what is above is purely hypothetical.

As it implies from the title, I have a question 'bout pixel scaling and heights, you see... er... put it simply, let's say that I have something I want pixel scaled and that I have a very notable tree and have the height of said tree- however, due to an odd camera angle, the tree I want to use is half-covered up, and the tree itself is the only thing that can reliably be used to scale the heights of the thing I want pixel scaled; so what do I do here?

Do I assume the height of the tree is the same? Do I just divide the height of it in half? Does it depend on how covered it is and its elevation- like if it is flat on the ground or if it is high up?

BTW, the tree, in this case, is only meant to serve as an example and get the general geist of what I am trying to say across to everyone. I repeat, what is above is purely hypothetical.
I mean you can also measure diameter of the tree if you are trying to do that, I think assumptions are fine for stuff like that though as long as they are more lowballed than high

Back