• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pichu Vs. Gunvolt

No, endeavor is a move that deals damage to an opponent to the point that the remaining health is equal to the user's current health. You're probably thinking of false swipe, but it's an offensive move that leaves the opponent at 1 hp if it would deal lethal damage (otherwise it functions as any other damage dealing move).

Dragonboi9191 said:
Oh, I must be thinking of something else.
You must be thinking fo Endure, which Pichu can learn, which can be used to maximize Endeavor´s damage output, and then just use Wish and then Protect to get a safe victory from that point, so long he manages to bypass his Prevasion, of course.

Pichu would be vunerable during the turn that wish is used, allowing GV to either deal the finishing blow or heal himself. Even so, I doubt pichu would be able to bypass endeavor. But if he did, well, you know about Anthem, so I won't go into details. Also, I believe I forgot to mention that Anthem also increases power along with granting infinite EP (energy points) and a psuedo-flight (through infinite air dashes and air jumps).

That it´s pure game mechanics? Basic stuff discussed about the verse, as far I remember.

His skills like Luxcaliber, Voltaic Chains or Grand Strizer. Also, he could heal while Pichu uses protect. And Anthem means he can spam stronger versions of the three moves I said before.

GV has a small start up to use those moves, which Pichu can take advantage of to just either dodge or use Protect.

As for Anthem, Pichu can also use Toxic to make GV lose health over time, eventually making him lose all of his own health if he is not treated quickly.

Sorry about the delayed point by point analysis, I got a lot of stuff going on including an essay and finals. But, I did find the video where plusle and minun used encore. I'm not gonna post it because the website is fishy and opens up windows to various websites without user's approval. But regardless, Bobsican, you were right. It does appear that encore causes the user to spam the same attack. However, if this was used against GV's skills I don't think encore would last due to cooldown preventing the use of it right after another, therefore ending encore.

I do intend on doing the analysis soon. Don't ask me when though.

Ok, I'm gonna do both a character and point by point analysis. There was a lot of info to cover. So, if I forgot anything tell me and I'll add it.

Gunvolt

+ regenerate ep (energy points) instantly

+ prevasion - transforms into electrons to dodge attacks, no cooldown, expends ep

+ greater experience

+ can quickly adapt to fighting styles

+ extremely agile

+ electrical absorption

+ higher AP (GV is building + while Pichu is building level)

+ Skills that deal large amounts of damage

+ skills that heal, increase ap, increase durability, give infinite ep, can give max ep and goes past overheat, etc.

+ Anthem - revives from death while increasing ap, gives infinite ep, pseudo flight (through infinite air dashes and air jumps)

- too much use of ep can cause overheat, which prevents the use of things with ep (note that GV can still use skills.

- only has 3 sp (skill points)

- most powerful/useful skills use 2 sp points.

- flash field is main damage, guns don't do a lot

Pichu

+ a lot of versatility

+ powerful electric moves

+ encore

+ endeavor

+ can increase stats

- intelligence comparable to that of a toddler (both Bobsican and I determined this)

- doesn't have a lot of control over electricity

- likely not a lot of experience (this combined with low intelligence would prevent the combining of moves)

- lower AP

- the ability static (Bobsican said no lightning rod) wouldn't be useful due to GV's ranged fighting style

As for the point by point analysis. I'm only gonna use major points do to the large number of arguments that can be made. If I missed something, tell me and I'll add it.

Pichu's endeavor - pichu, after taking a lot of damage could then use endeavor to even the odds. This could allow the fight against pichu to be more favorable and put GV's health down low quickly. Counterarguement - pichu wouldn't wouldn't be able to hit GV with endeavor due to GV's prevasion, pichu's low intel would make him predictable, and GV's fighting style is ranged base, not close quarters.

Pichu's Encore - Pichu can use encore to cause GV to overheat or cause him to use all of his skill points. This could allow pichu to hit with endeavor or with any other move. Counterarguement - it's debatable to whether pichu would think to use encore. If he did, GV can recover from overheat quickly. If used on the skills, the cooldown would prevent the spamming of the skill and end encore there (encore ends when the ove is not able to be done again; in the games this is shown by encore ending if the move's pp were depleted).

Pichu's Stat increase - pichu can increase his stats to give him an edge. Counterarguement - the stat increase would likely only let pichu match GV's higher ap and the speed increase would be prevented by speed equalization. Also, GV can also increase his damage through a skill.

Pichu's intelligence - Bobsican showed that pichu may be quite clever as he made a hot air balloon out of trash.

Counterarguement - this might not corrolate to battle intelligence. This also could just be mimicing humans. Pichu also appeared to not know that a balloon would cause him to float. With this info, Bobsican and I determined that pichu's intelligence is like that of about a 5 year old through the inexperience and basic knowledge.

Pichu being able to harm GV - In game, the only thing (to my knowledge) that we see break prevasion is a large magnetic field and electricity. Pichu could harm GV or cause him to overheat with his electricity.

Counterarguement - GV is able to absorb electricity as shown when he said, "Ding Ding. Thanks for the whipping. I needed a good recharge." after being struck with an electric whip. The electricity harming him is likely due to game mechanics.

GV's resiliance - GV has a large amount of resiliance. He's naturally able to recover from overheat quickly. He can also regen health, ep, overcome overheat, get infinite ep and has access to Anthem. Couterarguement - Pichu is able to use encore to cause him to use all of his sp points, preventing him from using a lot of his resiliance. However, this is addressed above in the "Pichu's Encore" section.

GV's intelligence - GV is able to quickly adapt to new powers and fighting styles as shown in various fights. As pichu's intelligence is fairly low, he would be predictable and therefore GV would be able to dodge most if not all of pichu's attacks. There wasn't really any sort of counterarguement to this that I saw or remember.

Some of Pichu's move are missing from his profile. He can lern moves like Wish, Fake Out, Bide, Encore, Disarming Voice, Charge, etc via breeding.

As Pichu is a kid, and Gv kinda lacks experience fighting those (I mean, the closest he has fought in around those ages is Zonda), which means that GV lacks experience fighting minors, which means that Pichu can be a bit unpredictable to GV, especially considering he won´t be especting much more than a few sparks from Pichu at the start from the fight, which means that Pichu can use Encore and Endeavor in a proper way.

Lastly, for the electricity absorbing thing, I´m sure it wasn´t game mechanics, as Asimov even said that he had the same septima as GV, meanig that they were comparable, which means that GV can´t just absorb electricity proyected in a way similar to the flashfield (as I know someone can bring up about Copen´s Steel Spark, which GV can easily absorb, but unlike Asimov´s flashfield, that move is proyected directly by beams of eletricity, not as an omnidirectional AoE, which means that GV can´t do much if Pichu uses Discharge, which is pretty similar to how the flashfield works.

I´m also sure Gv can´t dodge Disarming Voice except by Prevasion, but to keep it with it, he would have to literally stand on the same place for a while to continue recharging, something Pichu can take advantage of to get close to him with a Volt Tackle and then just use Discharge.

True, kids can be unpredictable. However, they can also be predictable. It depends on the personality and conditions. How I see it, is that early to mid in the fight, Pichu would be predictable. However, in the late fight when Pichu would get desperate, the unpredictability would begin. Gunvolt has shown that he can react to spontaneous moves (look at the supers his enemies use, GV hasn't seen them and is able to react). Even if Pichu would be more unpredictable than I predict, GV's resiliance would likely outlast Pichu.

The weapon is called Stellar Spark for future reference. But regardless, I don't really understand your reasoning. If someone can absorb electricity, it shouldn't matter whether it's omnidirectional or a focused point. But if you want to play this game, flashfield is a continuous stream of energy. Discharge is a momentary blast (from what I've seen). While I'm sure it's possible that Pichu can let out discharge as a continuous stream, it's most likely that eventually, Pichu's poor control would cause him to shock himself likely ending the move. When this happens, the Pokedex states that Pichu will either be surprised (likely ending the continuous stream) or cry (for the more recent entries).

So I agree with you that Disarming Voice wouldn't hit GV. However, you're suggesting that Pichu would constantly spam it and then surprise GV with a Volt Tackle or discharge. Even if Pichu does think of this, GV would make sure the second time Pichu attempted this would not work. Even so, GV can use Infinite Surge to give him infinite ep, negating the need to constantly recharge.

Baby Pokemon are known to often just spam moves if it seems to work enought, and as Pichu has Disarming Voice as one of his leading moves, it´s likely that he´ll try to spam it, but once he notices he isn´t actually being damaged by it, he´ll try to use some electricity, likely accidentally taking advantage of it.

And GV can as well. Doubling his attack or defense. But that doesn't really matter since Pichu doesn't have a reliable way to damage GV.

As for your response, Pichu would've likely tried electric moves at the start. So, seeing that they aren't working, likely wouldn't use them again. Of course, this can happen. But GV would likely be careful of Pichu doing this again and not put himself into a place that this could work again.

But GV´s statistics amplification is temporal, while Pichu´s lasts the entire match.

True, but stated previously, this would likely match or only slightly exceeds GV's naturally higher AP. Also, early in the debate (despite the difference in power), we treated the 2 characters as having comparable power, not really making that much of a difference.

Back