• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Phasing - is it really durability negation?

So, as of now, phasing from somebody or turning intangible to attack their internal organs is considered durability negation, but is it, really? Yes, they should be more vulnerable in general, but I doubt you could just insta-killl anybody with it, even if their durability is higher than your AP. Organs are technically a part of your body as well, so they should be as durable.

Logically it should be limited dura neg, though it depends- some phasing users can just completely alter anything they get their hands through..

Not all organs in fiction are superhuman, many are actually vulnerable, so phasing is for the most part a viable dure neg, and that's the normal type whete you just phase through the skin to punch their heart, there are phasers that can pull your organs out without damaging your body by making them intangible too.

So yeah, case by case, but the average phaser is dura neg, people whose organs are as tough as their outsides should have limited dura neg resistance or something.

Not certain on the durability of internal organs, though I’m pretty sure something like this would quantify as durability negation. It’s like stabbing a dragon with a sword without having to get through its scales.
image0.webp

Link's broken, anyway removing organs would also take a certain level of strength. Overall I think it's very case-by-case

Not certain on the durability of internal organs, though I’m pretty sure something like this would quantify as durability negation. It’s like stabbing a dragon with a sword without having to get through its scales.
image0.webp
This is a pretty weird situation. a sword kinda pierces through a dragon. Here he just puts his hand into something.

I don't think Durability Negation should only apply to things that let you one-shot 3-As. Being able to phase through someone and attack their internal organs lets you reach up somewhat, but not infinitely, so I still think it's fine to consider it durability negation.

It really depends on the level of phasing; a lot of characters can only phase for defensive purposes and not offensive. But, some character can using intangibility to rip out someone's organs, and spatial intangibility in particular I can pretty much guarantee may have properties to negate durability via spatial manipulation.

Again, not all organs have superhuman durability, this is a case by case, especially if their durability come from some energy on their skin.

Also, phasing vs organs isn't just destroying them, you can remove them as well by making them intangible.

Again, not all organs have superhuman durability, this is a case by case, especially if their durability come from some energy on their skin.

Also, phasing vs organs isn't just destroying them, you can remove them as well by making them intangible
Making something intangible isn't what everybody can do. And by default, organs should be as durable as the rest of the body. Cause you know, if, for instance, a 5-A character is punched and feels pain, his organs would have to be this durable as well, or else they would be destroyed.

Well, in this case, attacking organs is just attacking a weaker spot. So if you're a 8-A and your opponent is 6-B, you ain't doing anything.
Yes, that's exactly what I said.

Back