• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona General Revisions Thread Part 4 : 1-C (or higher) Upgrade + Cognition/Character ability additions.

With how it's describe it's like a type 4 that work in type 2 scale (so both but just for a part of two)

it's the other way around since everything in the verse is made up of cognition iirc
Being made of cognition actually doesn't change that since basically cognition is mostly based on perception of being just that this perception can change the universe or become universe concept

It seems to be a Type 2 that can be influenced like a Type 4.

Anyway, NEP (Type 2) looks fine to me.

Why can't one of my fave verses get this cheat?
That’s exactly it.

Pro-tip: re/watch/read/play, even if you feel like you’ve gotten absolutely everything. That’s how we got these gargantuan Persona revisions. Joker used to be 7-C, despite the very first Palace containing a moon. Of course, we’ve figured Palace’s are a lot bigger, but you get the point.

What is Cognition?

Cognition is the driving force of everything that exists within Persona. Composed of the unconscious and conscious thoughts, everyone possess their own cognitive world - their pheneron and perspective of reality. It has so much influence over reality, that reality is composed of it, and that the real world doesn’t exist - a subjective and overall meaningless term. Philemon, one-half of the Collective Unconscious, states that Cognition created space itself. It’s further elaborated here on why Cognition is accepted as Type 2 conceptual manipulation, as well as Type 4.

Why does this matter?​

When one is erased from the Collective Unconscious (a mass of Cognition, the source of reality), their concept begins to fade from memory, and then further, erased from existence. Take note of the fact that when they are erased, the Phantom Thieves are within the Velvet Room, a space between the duality of dream and reality, mind and matter, and has no form, alluding the fact that it doesn’t exist. This is further contextualized by the fact that the mind, and the Velvet Room, are stated to be abstract by Elizabeth, a Velvet Attendant.

Okada alludes to the fact that because Igor, and the Velvet Room, is only accessible in a dream (that only has form based off the residents mental perceptions) - Igor (master of the Velvet Room), and Philemon (creator of the Velvet Room), are fabrications of the protagonist’s abstract mind, and may not exist at all.
@Dragonmasterxyz @DemonGodMitchAubin @DarkGrath

What do you think about this?

Being made of cognition actually doesn't change that since basically cognition is mostly based on perception of being just that this perception can change the universe or become universe concept
yeah it's a type 2 concept and it's just that it's application varies
anyways it doesn't really matter since in yaldy's case he straight up uses type 2 concept on the real world and erases the phantom thives from people's cognition

To be clear, this NEP Type 2 would be in its own key? Since they aren't like that constantly.

To be clear, this NEP Type 2 would be in its own key? Since they aren't like that constantly.
No, they wouldn’t have NEP at all, since they immediately came back. However, Igor & Philemon are NEP, being completely fabricated. Possibly the Attendants, but it’s a very very strong possibly. Everyone can interact with NEP, though.

No, they wouldn’t have NEP at all, since they immediately came back. However, Igor & Philemon are NEP, being completely fabricated. Possibly the Attendants, but it’s a very very strong possibly. Everyone can interact with NEP, though.
I see. So, High-Godly regeneration for the Phantom Thieves and Nonexistent Physiology (Type 2) for natives of the Velvet Room if I understood this?

I mean, that goes without saying since all Type 2 Concept users are switching to Type 1.

Type 2 and 3 Transduality are getting merged. Type 1 may get deleted but I'm not sure on this.

Irrelevant speed is either leaving or getting revamped.

I mean like the why we have transduality, what type, and who does it scale to.
2/3 as archetypes exist above the distinction of things like one's self, being different from others, and the physical/spiritual split being an illusion. Bare minimum would scale to archetypes and above. Not sure about outside of that, persona users would get the ability to interact with these things though.

2/3 as archetypes exist above the distinction of things like one's self, being different from others, and the physical/spiritual split being an illusion. Bare minimum would scale to archetypes and above. Not sure about outside of that, persona users would get the ability to interact with these things though.
Mmm since it look like transduality type 1 i don't know if the staff thread will help

Wouldn't this give high-godly regen neg to everyone as well? If i recall correctly there's instances of persona users being able to kill eachother, like
Strega in 3
I think it’s a bit more reliable to say they can temporarily put down Demons (P2), especially since Strega were all dying Persona-users, and Takeya killed Junpei when he wasn’t even defending himself.

Back