• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I've been rereading Red Pyramid and there's a handful of things I'd like to get out while I can before I take off. So I don't expect this to be concluded anytime soon. Someone who's read the story can elaborate more than me rn.

AP
Upper tier gods like the big five, Ra, and Apophis should scale to Nut. Nut is 3-B. She contains galaxies inside herself. I'll provide the quote when I get the chance.

Vulture God Percy (when fused with the vulture goddess) should be Low 2-C. He manhandled Setne, who at the moment was superior to Serapis (Riordanverse) due to that being well...his whole plan.

Greek Gods might also be High 3-A.

Hax
Every god has mind manipulation out the ass. Duat/Mist stuff. Some have it passively. The Set Animal appeared as a rabid moose to normal humans.

Carter resists invisibility...well he can see invisible things. He saw through Zia's invisibility charm.

Reality warping is obvious. Bast snaps things into existence all the time. Food, first class tickets, etc. The basis of Egyptian magic is turning things into reality. Gods can do it without a scroll.

Carter has BFR. He threw the Set Animal into his infinite locker of doom.

More when I can remember/finish the books.

You should have a lot more details put forward before you just say on a whim that Percy Jackson is Low 2-C

Are those actual galaxies though? Ra's sun isn't the actual sun, for example.

That Serapis rating also seems pretty sketchy.

The context heavily implies that it's actual galaxies, especially with her being the sky itself and Sadie's description of her. Iirc she outright said they're actual galaxies.

The relationship between the "science" cosmology and the mythological ones are weird. Stars were spirits for the Greeks, for example, and the Egyptians themselves don't have Ra controlling the actual sun. Those aren't necessarily actual galaxies

They're the same. Apollo says it himself that the scientific sun, his sun, and Ra's son are one in the same.

Serapis profile only says he can control past, present and future, which doesn't like enough for a low 2-c rating. I remember Annabeth just stabbing the dude . . .

The real cal howard said:
I don't have time boi
If you could revise verses like this without time, Kirby would be 3-A

The real cal howard said:
They're the same. Apollo says it himself that the scientific sun, his sun, and Ra's son are one in the same.
From what I remember, it's the exact opposite. Appolo's is just a car, and Ra's is a boat iirc. They even appear as two different suns when Ra comes back

From how they're portrayed in PJ and the Carter series, they're clearly not the actual sun. Might have been retconned though, so I guess it could be fine if you have the quote.

The hax seems fine.

"The Set Animal appeared as a rabid moose to normal humans."

That's perception manipulation.

I'll wait until more info is put into the OP, since i know Cal is busy.

I think it's just the Mist creating some pretty high-level illusions around anything supernatural. They're powerful enough to warp reality at times.

I can't agree to this until the actual evidence and work has been put into it.

Here's how Apollo describes his Sun Chariot when asked about it by Nico de Angelo.

"That rumor probably got started because Artemis used to call me a big fiery ball of gas. Seriously, kid, it depends on whether you're talking astronomy or philosophy. You want to talk astronomy? Bah, what fun is that? You want to talk about how humans think about the sun? Ah, now that's more interesting. They've got a lot riding on the sun... er, so to speak. It keeps them warm, grows their crops, powers engines, makes everything look, well, sunnier. This chariot is built out of human dreams about the sun, kid. It's as old as Western Civilization. Every day, it drives across the sky from east to west, lighting up all those puny little mortal lives. The chariot is a manifestation of the sun's power, the way mortals perceive it. Make sense?"

Back