• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson lifting strength downgrade?

In his page, it says that he has lifting strength Class E, equivalent to the weight of the Earth's atmosphere. This is from book three, Percy Jackson and the Titan's Curse, in which he takes up the burden of the sky that Atlas traditionally held from the Greek myths. However, this is a highly dubious claim, as it is a massive outlier compared to his other feats, at most town level. This may be a feat of mental, as opposed to physical, strength:

"No, boy," Artemis said. Her forehead was beaded with metallic sweat, like quicksilver. "You don't know what you're asking. It will crush you!"

"Annabeth took it!"

"She barely survived. She had the spirit of a true huntress. You will not last so long."

"I'll die anyway," I said. "Give me the weight of the sky!"

While not explicit, this suggests that there may be more factors involved than physical strength, such as willpower.

Agreed. I requested a downgrade for the verse in general. It's nowhere near as powerful as seen here, with even the Gods' best feats (Artemis creating a constellation remains the best one) being iffy or outliers. She could've just been manipulating the mist, rather than rearranging whole ******' stars, which they really shouldn't be able to do, given their regular feats. (Khione directly scales to Leo, since she had no reason to hold back. Even with his advantage, a god should've stomped, and once Leo gets the much-deserved downgrade with the rest of the demigods, the gods should be bumped down as well, since the demigods directly opposed them at times. (Percy vs Ares, Leo vs Khione, Jason, Piper and Leo vs Gaea.)

The problem is that this verse is wildly inconsistent. I love the series, don't get me wrong, but Ares could've just went full god mode and instakilled Percy. He had the power, but he was holding back.

So... whatever happened with this CRT? As far as I know a follow up was never created.
Should I mention this in my Demigod Speed downgrade CRT I'm working on currently and just make it an overall stat revision?

It is much better if you create a new thread than that you bump old ones, yes.

Back