• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Percy Jackson Gods Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
So um...I'm back.

I'm just gonna get right into it.

You know that whole Artemis constellation thing that got them tier 5? Well, Artemis using illumination is an isolated incident and they actually create them from time to time. Along with other stuff.

"Zeus was sneaking around behind Hera's back—again—with a lovely female named Callisto, who happened to be one of Artemis's Hunters. Why Callisto broke her vow to stay away from men is anyone's guess. Some say Zeus tricked her by disguising himself as Artemis.

Hera found out about Zeus's infidelity—again—and with one angry poof turned Callisto into a bear, which she then asked Artemis to hunt. Or maybe she asked Arcas, who was Zeus and Callisto's son and a skilled archer. The details are a little murky. Either way, Callisto the bear was staring down the pointy end of a drawn arrow when Zeus finally took notice.

"Hmm. This may be partially my fault," Zeus confessed as he defused the threat. Callisto reared up on her hind legs, crossed her paws over her hairy chest, and gave him the bear version of "You think?"

"Let me make it up to you." He transformed her into stars and lobbed them into the sky. He did the same for Arcas, figuring the boy would be safe from Hera that way. The stars formed patterns that looked like bears, which is why the Greeks named them the Big Dipper.

Ha-ha! Just kidding! The Greeks called them Ursa Major and Ursa Minor, or the Great Bear and the Little Bear. Ursa Major looks like a—well, like a big water dipper, actually, with a bent handle and a wide-mouthed bowl. Ursa Minor is a smaller version of a dipper with a handle that bends up instead of down.

FYI: Rumor has it that Zeus and Callisto secretly hang out when he's in his Roman form. He hides in the planet Jupiter—or maybe he becomes the planet Jupiter—and she revolves around him in the nearby moon named after her. Watch for a supernova in that quadrant of the sky when Hera discovers their trysts."

Excerpt From From Percy Jackson: Camp Half-Blood Confidential Rick Riordan https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/from-percy-jackson-camp-half-blood-confidential/id1185021217?mt=11 This material may be protected by copyright.

So TL;DR, Zeus creates stars, Jupiter turns into planet Jupiter, Hera causes supernovae.

To think that three pages worth of info can upgrade lol.

There's also some tier 2 stuff via scaling from this guy (Like seriously, Cerberus of all beings is Low 2-C and Iris sorta has a High 3-A feat...), but it might be an outlier.

Also, Percy needs a Nekhbet-infused tier/there needs to be a key for Vulture!Percy.

Also, Apophis (Riordan) may or may not be implied to be equal (or at least comparable) to Chaos (Riordan) as it's implied by Annabeth that Isfet, the Egyptian Chaos, is quite similar to the Greek one. And given that she was right that Duat = Mist, they may be the same thing.

I agree.

By the way... wouldn't Ra and apophis need to be star level anyways? Sure, the sun becomes a boat during the night, but during the day its an actual ball being pushed by his Scarabeus form.

Yeah. Its confirmed that the sun's gravitational pull is another variation of the sh*t Ra and Apollo do.

I almost forgot (assuming this isn't already there).

Everyone and their mother in the franchise should have at least limited passive Illusion Creation via Mist/Duat shenanigans along with resistance to it, while every demigod should have Blessed for obvious reasons, though I'm not sure it applies to Magicians like Carter and Sadie (even though they literally host gods)

Well, kinda. They still get transmuted, but they can turn themselves back like it was nothing and it doesn't detriment them in any way.

Btw, does Zeus have Power Nullification? Becaus he should.

C'mon man.

Gotta admit that part II was giving out lots of asspulls and deus ex machinas.

Part I is a differernt story tough.

(Kudos for referencing our lord and savior)

I haven't even watched (or read like I'm told is the proper way to do it) Naruto so no comment. Can say from experience the threads are un okay though

I suppose that this seems fine, but you should preferably check under Percy Jackson in the Knowledgeable Members List and ask the people listed there to comment here, in order to stay safe.

You can also use the supporters & neutral sections of the Riordanverse page to find people to ask to comment here.

The Archdemon said:
Agreed. Also, I do remember Zeus' lightnings being described as Supernovas by narration in his fight against Typhon (OK that Percy is the narrator, but still).
He compared the master bolt to the explosion of several hydrogen bombs, or something like that.

I dont agree with the changes. We upgraded the gods to 5-C because of the following: "The Percy Jackson deities don't create constellations by materializing entirely new stars, but by increasing the luminosity of existing stars, hence their current rating."

Zeus "creating" new stars would make him low 5-B or higher but not star level (someone should calculate that).

I think that Chaos and Isfet may be equal, but Apophis is a manifestation of chaos, an avatar or agent born from the original source of all existence to destroy maat. He is not Isfet, which still exists in the duat.

The other stuff about Zeus being Jupiter and Heras Supernova is a bit to vague and we now that percy sometimes exaggerates, like the time he describes the explosion caused by the master bolt.

It compared nukes to firecrackers I believe, which was Planet level.

Although... actually, this gets me thinking. Is High 6-B really an outlier?

We have plenty of 7-C to 7-B casual feats, and the sky feat definitely was far from casual. If 6-C isn't an outlier, I don't know if High 6-B should be one either. The god tiers are 5-C, and now High 4-C, anyways, so it's not like it compromises hierarchy.

Firstly, it's not Percy telling the story. Secondly, it outright says that Zeus lobs stars into the sky. What you quoted was from Matt, who agrees with this. Not from the story itself. What Artemis did was for that occasion while what Zeus did was for another. What you're saying is akin to if I said that because we see originally Goku shoot a kamehameha from his hands, he can only shoot them from his hands. Finally, there's nothing vague about the supernova statement.

Well, since Matthew and Darkanine agree with Cal, I suppose that these changes will likely be applied, but wouldn't they cause massive scaling problems with the demigods?

Not really.

God Tiers are God Tiers, the Demigods already don't scale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back