• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Peak Human Speed Gypsy Danger (Pacific Rim)

I'm sorry, but how is something that is ~80m tall capable of only covering a measly ~10m in a second? That is just stupid. Based on its size and movement alone, it should be much faster than Peak Human.

*Edited by Gemmysaur to include the character in questio

I'm curious of this as well. Here is a thread I read a while back regarding its speed.

To establish a Jaeger speed we can use the human body as a guide.

We know that the average human walking speed ranges from 1-3 mph. The average human running speed depends on whether it's a sprint or running long distance. Sprint speed average is about 15 mph and long distance speed is 8 mph. Top level human running speeds top out near 28 mph.

Considering that a Jaeger is built to approximate the human form and movement potential and that they're 43 times taller than a human, this would mean that a Jaeger stride is 43 times longer as well. Also, properly piloted Jaegers seem to move with the same fluidity as the human body.

With these factors in play we can extrapolate a reasonable approximation of the speed potential of a Jaeger by multiplying the numbers;

Walking speed would be approx. 43-129 mph; Jogging speed would be approx. 344 mph; Sprinting speed would range from 645-1204 mph

Taking into consideration speed obstacles such as lack of traction, trip hazards, wind turbulence and drag, uneven terrain features such as hills and valleys, we can reasonably cut those 'potential' numbers in half to arrive at 'real-world' speeds.

Walking speed would be approx. 22-65 mph; Jogging speed would be approx. 172 mph; Sprinting speed would range from 323-602 mph

In summary: A Jaeger can do the highway speed limit just by walking fast, outrun most helicopters while jogging and outrun all but jet aircraft in a sprint.

Src

I think that Gemmysaur seems to make sense.

Back