• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Part 1 Naruto Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
M3X said:
Shikamaru being a rank above all his friends despite being one of the weakest is more proof that scale character by his own rank is iffy.

@Wrath I am ok with scaling the KN0 to the Kurama Chakra Aura Naruto

I don't know if you're agreeing or what but this is basically why I'm saying some characters are specifically special cases. In which case we go case by case for em. For instance if a character literally gets statement about a rank they get not based on strength then we acknowledge thst. Shikamaru is the prime example. He got his bases on his intelligence and judgement. We are literally being told that he isn't an average chunin just a special case

Yea Shikamaru is clearly a special case considering he's literally Top 3 in terms of intelligence for the entire verse.

It's more like he had the apppropiate requirements for a chunin.

Smart, Strategic, to the point and didn't seem to have crippling mental issues like the others do.

I meant strategic as in he has battle smarts, you can sometimes be really smart but not be really good at applying at battles, or something like that.

AstralKing7 said:
I don't know if you're agreeing or what but this is basically why I'm saying some characters are specifically special cases. In which case we go case by case for em. For instance if a character literally gets statement about a rank they get not based on strength then we acknowledge thst. Shikamaru is the prime example. He got his bases on his intelligence and judgement. We are literally being told that he isn't an average chunin just a special case
There are no special cases or doing a case-by-case analysis, the thing is a fact. No rank in Naruto is defined by the user's power or strength. Things far beyond these two points come into the discussion when discussing rank, such as intellect (Shikamaru), wisdom (Itachi) or genius (Neji and Kakashi). It is not because a Jonin has a feat of X level, that all other Jonins will be comparable and will have that same level solely and exclusively because of rank. Naruto doesn't work that way

lee didnt get stronger from chunin exams to sasuke retrival its actually the opposite, garra notes lee isnt as sharp as he once was and then flashbacks to him crushing him arm and leg, and yeah lee forced kimi into using cm1 where has 100 kn0 naruto clones didnt even make base kimi sweat

It should be noted thaythat only Drunk Lee managed to do that feat and he was stated to be stronger when drunk.

He still put a better fight in Base than Vermillion Naruto did though.

Kidkinsey said:
stronger or just unpredictable?
Unpredictable I believe, but like you said he should definitely be weaker. And again logically speaking, he just came out of a life threatening operation to save his crushed leg, there's no way that made him stronger lol. I also think he should scale to Kimimaro and Gaara's base would scale to that for breaking his leg.

Gaara saying that Rock Lee was faster and sharper the last time they fought doesn't mean he's referring to base Rock Lee. When they last fought Rock Lee was using the Eight Gates against Gaara, which fits the statement since Rock Lee would be slower without them.

Damage3245 said:
Gaara saying that Rock Lee was faster and sharper the last time they fought doesn't mean he's referring to base Rock Lee. When they last fought Rock Lee was using the Eight Gates against Gaara, which fits the statement since Rock Lee would be slower without them.
That makes no sense at all. Why would Gaara be talking about gates Lee when he is observing Base Lee?

But that's a weird assumption to make imo. Gaara also fought Base Lee and was blitzed by him, so he could also be comparing him to his base. Both are possible, but I think comparing his base to his previous base form makes more sense.

Nobody would compare Goku's SSJ form with his base now would they?

He is stronger when he is drunk, Guy stated that he needed Neji's help to hold him down (he does say to that if he treated Lee like the enemy he would have killed him no problem, but the fact it took both a casual Guy and Neji is still impressive)

BlastX said:
He is stronger when he is drunk, Guy stated that he needed Neji's help to hold him down (he does say to that if he treated Lee like the enemy he would have killed him no problem, but the fact it took both a casual Guy and Neji is still impressive)
And I still don't see how that would make him stronger than his pprevious base form, or rather how would that make him go from 8-B to Low 7-C+ ? Especially when you Examine the context of him coming out of a life threatening operation he should be weaker, or at the very least relatively on the same level not 100s of times stronger.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
That makes no sense at all. Why would Gaara be talking about gates Lee when he is observing Base Lee?
Rock Lee did use the Gates once against Kimimaro, just before Gaara shows up.

That is true, he opens the first gate, which is useless as Kimimaro's bones absorbed the impact of the attack. I'm not sure how this is relevant since this occurs before Gaara shows up meaning he doesn't see it.

> That is true, he opens the first gate, which is useless as Kimimaro's bones absorbed the impact of the attack. I'm not sure how this is relevant since this occurs before Gaara shows up meaning he doesn't see it.

Wouldn't the make the statement entirely useless then, since the entire fight happened before Gaara shows up?

All the evidence I see points to his Sasuke retrieval base being weaker than his Chuunin exam base. Lee even says multiple times that the surgery and the injury from Gaara did a number on him. He also said that the 1st Gate is his limit. Couple all that with Gaara's statement and it becomes quite clear.

And it's not like it'll be inconsistent or anything because Gaara did fight KN0 Naruto before, and stomped Sasuke. And of course obliterated Lee's leg. So it's pretty consistent.

I just go with either the fight being PIS or (less likely) Lee becomes REALLY strong when Drunk.

BlastX said:
I just go with either the fight being PIS or (less likely) Lee becomes REALLY strong when Drunk.
Or just the more logical conclusion that he was stronger pre-injury lol.

its VERY safe to assume that garra wasnt comparing 5th gate lee to his base lol, it was most likely base to base since he made the statement while observing base lee

and garra showed up to save lee a few seconds after lee attempted to attack in the 1st gate, its not far fetched to see he could have seen it espacially since he made a statement implying he has show post injury lee fight

I am myself You are you said:
jounin like kakashi guy genma baki kabuto will become high 7-C, whose results look very different, and besides, there will be a problem with one tail naruto taked his own rasengan
rasengan alread to scale to kabuto we had whole crt for this?

if u want to change than make a new crt for it.

and where do u think kn0 and cm2 got their 7-C rating from?

they become 7-C because they tank a explosion cussed by rasengan and chidori no?

and where is high 7-C kabuto calc?

@Wrath; can you update the sandbox in the OP with the new suggestions that have been discussed? That'll probably help give us a good overview of whether everything is consistent now.

Is the sandbox in the OP supposed to be what is currently proposed for the characters? Because if not, it should be updated unless you're fine with what's there.

Regarding what is currently there though:

Chunin Exams/Konoha Crush Arc Naruto: Small Town level+ (Damaged and defeated a partially transformed Gaara)

Wasn't this Naruto using Kurama chakra?

So why is Sasuke in the Chunin Exams/Konoha Crush Arc scaling to Naruto for this: Small Town level+ (Comparable to Naruto, and could physically damage him)

There's a contradiction here between Naruto needing Kurama chakra to take down Gaara (making him Small Town level+), but Naruto also being that strong in base.

Because after Sasuke got out of the hospital, him and Naruto fought and almost had a Rasengan/Chidori clash. That's when the sound four are introduced.

Also, Gaara was able to restrain Naruros movement forcing him to use a headbutt.

@Damage What do you think we should rate them?

So Sasuke should be scaling to base Naruto, right Wrath?

Base Naruto finishing off a untransformed Gaara who is practically defeated anyway shouldn't count towards his base stats.

@Damage

But you were arguing that Gaara was partially transformed and thus his stats shouldn't count for his base. So which is it? Was he partially transformed and stronger than base or was he "practically defeated"?

@UchihaSlayer96; yes, but we don't know how much higher his partially transformed state is compared to his base.

And he was practically defeated after the headbutt, not when he was transformed.

The point is that Sasuke is being scaled to base Naruto, but it was Naruto with the Kurama Chakra who did the feat in his key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back