• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Paradise City Part 3

Nicholas grabs the body and pulls it out of the sand, doing so carefully as to not have it break into pieces, he then carefully caries it out of the water, floating to near Mame, he places the body in front of them.

"I found one. So I guess we search it now?"

"Well, it seems to be missing a foot. The body was partially buried, so I don't believe the foot separated from decay. Aside from that, I don't really know much about what I should be looking for here."

"Well, I don't think we're gonna find anyone that'll wanna answer questions, though perhaps there's something in the rubble we can look for." Stephanie flipped on her x-ray vision and tried to look for anything out of the ordinary.

Stephanie can see a strange metal square on the floor underneath the rubble, under the square there's a ladder.

Nicholas looks at Mame, speaking more seriously than was usual for him. "Are you fine with me doing this? You seemed pretty shaken there when you saw the body. We should search it now, I suppose, do you have any issues with that?"

"Aaaah, now that's interesting," she mused with a grin as she tried to figure out how to...get to it. "I won't be able to move all that rubble..."

"A wallet and some letters. We'll be able to find out who he is from this and the letters might have some useful info. Check these ones, I'll check the wallet and the remaining ones." Nicholas has his Stand hand some of the letters to Mame, meanwhile he checks the wallet to look for any identification and then begins checking some of the letters.

The wallet contains an I.D. with severe damage, 40 dollars, a DEA badge, and some destroyed photos. The ID expired in January of this year.

The letters are mostly destroyed, but one of them is in a plastic bag.

Bear stepped towards the rubble, a scaly arm once more materializing beside him as it began grabbing and tossing aside the debris.

"Well, that's one way to fix it. Aren't you a smart cat,@ she said as she began to make her way towards this metal square she had spotted, guiding the cat towards where they had to go.

"A DEA agent. So that explains it. He was working to expose this organization, kind of like we are now. I'll leave his ID and badge on the body here, I hope someone will find the body and have it brought to their family. That letter might be worth a look though."

Nicholas has his Stand carefully open the letter in the plastic bag and begins reading it.

The letter reads:

"To Whom It May Concern,

I am dead if you are reading this. I always knew this day would come in this dangerous profession of mine. If you've found me like this there's a chance that the people who have done this are still out there. My last finding was in the loop. Sears Tower, floor 95 was their base of operations last I checked, though I never saw it myself. Please continue this case for me.

**** You Mike,

-Marshall Manson, January 12th, 1987."

At the bottom of the letter there is a small key.

Mame feels incredibly sick for a moment.

Joe had about the same reaction as Mame to seing the corpse.

Also he's out of breath from the great utilize of the abiity of his stand, so he just found himself somewhere to sit and let the others handle the investigations for now.

Nicholas looks very somber. "I'll make sure to carry this job to the very end... I hope your family understands your sacrifice."

Jackythejack said:
"Well, that's one way to fix it. Aren't you a smart cat,@ she said as she began to make her way towards this metal square she had spotted, guiding the cat towards where they had to go.
The metal square is a very heavy door.

"We did. We've got a lead. This man was a DEA agent who lost his life trying to find the organization, this letter tells us where their headquarters are. We should try and get in touch with the other group as soon as we can."

The Divine Phoenix said:
"We did. We've got a lead. This man was a DEA agent who lost his life trying to find the organization, this letter tells us where their headquarters are. We should try and get in touch with the other group as soon as we can."
"I see. Just give a minute to rest, then i'll bring us back to town."

Joe responds

"Wait, hold on a moment. This letter was written in January. This means the man we just found wasn't the man we were initially looking for. While the organization likely is the same one, the man Mike threw in would've died way more recently than that. Should I head back in?"

Nicholas hands the letter to Mame and heads back into the water, again using his Stand to launch the water away from himself continuously.

Nicholas goes to pick up the body and carefully lifts it out of the water, making sure no bits of the body fall off.

Back