• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overwatch downgrades?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just looking over the Overwatch pages, and literally almost everyone is "likely 8-C" because a random kid in the trailer said Doomfist could level a skyscraper. Why is gameplay being counted so everyone scales to each other in that regard? What sense would it make for characters like Tracer and Hanzo to be as strong as someone like Winston? Especially since what that kid said could easily be discarded as hyperbole in the first place. It just seems really weird and broken that everyone is as strong as each other somehow.

Yeah, as Crop said, that was discussed long time ago, and we reached the conclusion to downgrade them to 9-C+ besides Winston being 9-B, and Hypersonic reactions, between others.

We postponed the changes due Aiden wanted to calculate the Mei's freezing weapon; but still have some doubts about that since it can count as harmless freezing. Would prefer a cinematic feat to known how it work.

Actually, Mei has two modes in her gun: Freezing and Shooting. Both make damage. About the calc... I simply forgot about this. Sorry, I started the scaling, but never finished the calc.

I always thought the building level statement sounded like a hyperbole as well. Especially since AFAIK, the kid in question has no scientific basis on how powerful the gauntlet was, but correct me if I'm wrong.

@Jinx666 Perhaps this could be clarified within the profiles?

They never were inside the building

That's also why we agreed in the downgrade.

As well as Soldier's feat. Not only because he probably just survived to the falling debris, but also because if we try to calc the energy to destroy the quarters, man, that would be outlierish

Okay. I think that a downgrade is in order then.

They were still hit by the explosion though, otherwise there wouldnt be so much rubble all around them.

In the early Overwatch pages, we labelled it as a possibility anyways

Also what about the D.Va Ult being multi-city block, and the fact reinhardt's shield can survive it...

Jinx666 said:
They were still hit by the explosion though, otherwise there wouldnt be so much rubble all around them.
In the early Overwatch pages, we labelled it as a possibility anyways

Also what about the D.Va Ult being multi-city block, and the fact reinhardt's shield can survive it...
Isn't that gameplay though?

Well, D.Va's Ultimate calc is wrong, because the range used for the calc is for her shockwaves, not the explosion itself.

But calculating Junkrat's ultimate, the results are High 8-C (But he can one-shot multiples characters with that)

Jinx666 said:
It's not the same. Not even close.

Also, just because rumble fly to their position, that doesn't mean that they were hit by the explosion

So, is anybody going to perform the changes?

Arent we gonna label the 8-C tiers as possibilities then if they were originally so.

The kid still said Doomfist could level a skyscraper, And Doomfist is coming soon apparently (As Terry Crews), so we probs will get the answer soon anyways

I'm not mean to be rude, but who editted the profiles?

There's no way a 9-B can harm a 9-A. Also, characters like genji being 9-B is just being unfair

I though that we reached the conclusion to revert anyone to 9-C+ or 9-B, right now I don't remember any 9-A; but maybe I should be here when the changes were made, but I'm still busy with University. What were the accorded changes then?

9-C to 9-B was for the characters physically (With some exceptions). And I thought that we were going to wait until the calc for Mei. I know I'm busy with FT, but is not like I would be an entire week.

Although it won't be accepted, I would prefer if this changes were reverted.

Well, perhaps it would simply be best if you appropriately adjust the profiles after you are done with Fairy Tail?

Putting these guys at 9-C and 9-B is absolutely absurd. While I agree game scaling has gone too far, multiple characters are in Building level or high via feats alone. Bastio can shred part of a forest like paper. In the very same Cinematic we have a Crusader tank those bullets with his shield. That Crusader should be inferior to Reinhardt. The Crusader also killed several Bastion units with a single Fire Strike.

Soldier: 76 and Reaper ate the explosion that leveled the Overwatch headquarters and lived, albeit they were both wounded. Reaper managed to bring dow a massive Mech that was able to cut through metal effortlessly and hurt him. Junkrat and Roadhog ride explosions for fun and survived an explosion that leveled a warehouse.

We don't need the possibly hyperbolic statement of Doomfist's Gauntlet to get feats from. This downgrade was rushed dramatically. This is the most unjustified drop I have seen on the site (I am not trying to be mean, but putting these guys into 9-C and 9-B is outrageous).

Well why I don't think literally all the characters should be what they were before, they are all vastly superhuman. The characters I just listed have have 8-C or higher feats of their own, with several characters scaling to them. However, characters like Tracer should probably be Unknown or be at "likely". Also, the statement that Widowmaker fought physically on par with Winsto seems odd; I do not remember her physically comparing to him.

Maybe asking the knowledgeable members would be a good idea? I am going to make a revision thread on League of Legends in the next couple of days and I would like to get this mess sorted out. I am sorry if I am coming off as obnoxious, rude, or disrespectful of the people who carried this out, but this downplay lead to the massive revision of an entire verse over a thread that was made two days ago.

The OW pages are in complete shambles right now on justifications, bearing none at all or saying "Appears to be stronger than many of the regular heroes." An outright revert would be better than what they currently are in terms of likely accuracy, while being above or an par with their current forms with justification.

I have highlighted this thread. If other staff members agree with you, you could simply undo all of the revisions by checking the editing histories of the pages.

I think something is being left out, the kid is not the only character in the series to mention something about "levelling skyscrapers". There has been a recent video showing Terry Crews doing a mock audition as the character "Doomfist"; it just so happens to be one of his lines was "I could totally level a skyscraper" (how convenient, seeing as there was footage of the kid's line just before Crews said his.)

Also, what's with the distrust of the child? All he done was just recite what he was told about Doomfists power (my evidence being he said "they said he could level a skyscraper"). And if we're to treat this kids statement as being completely unreliable, the next time your younger sibling goes and plays Chrono Trigger and brings up that a Frog cut a mountain in twain. You might as well spit in his face; call him a wanker for the very reasons provided here. Children are not as unreliable as this thread makes them out to be.

If you want to question anything about that statement, at least question who the kid could be referring to by "They"

We didn't downgrade the verse due considering what the kid said hyperbole at all, it was that when they stroke Widow with the fist, the kid could not have use al the power of the Doomfist, however, did that punch shattered some grass with the shockwave? I could calculate that (if I have some free time). Futhermore, since Widow and others has been damaged by less, we didn't consider that strike as building or large building.

I think that cutting some trees with a machine gun doesn't count as building level, you can do that in real time, just slower than Bastion.

EDIT: Nevermind, I though it shattered grass with the shockwave, but was only Widow.

@Antoniofer I mean cutting down a tree takes hundreds of rounds in real life, while Bastion does it in one bullet. I do agree that Widowmaker scaling to Doomfist's gauntlet is a bit off for reasons you stated.

What about 76, Reaper, Junkrat, and Roadhog with their feats?

76 didn't took the full blast (It almost looks like an outlier)

Junkrat and Roadhog (Didn't even were inside the buildings. They have timers in the bombs so they can get away)

I mean that in the same comic Junkrat and Roadhog were riding explosions for fun.

How is it an outlier if there are plenty of other feats around that level. What about the mech Reaper destroyed? What about Bastion shattering a tree with a single round (I don't know why Bastion is stated to be above other characters on his profile considering the Overwatch team was started to deal with the Omnic Crisis; taking down Bastion units is literally part of their job). What about the Crusader (who is inferior to Reinhardt) killing multiple Bastion units in one shot and immediately tanking several Bastions' bullets?

You keep talking about an obvious wall level feat like if that could even support Large Building level

Let then ride explosion. Proof of those being near 8-C? No way

At this point, there nothing to support 76 feat, which, again, considering the since of the fragments, is WAY above 8-C, so outlier.

Also, why you bump? We agreed to wait until I finish the FT revisions

I bumped because the verse looks like trash right now. There is borderline no reasoning for placements and the reasoning that is present is not good at all.

Rushing a downgrade when the staff actually don't have time to give reasoning for the new placements leaves a seriously bad taste in my mouth. If the discussion needs to wait until you get done with FT, so be it, but downgrading the quality of the verse's pages several fold and then not having the time to give proper attention to the now butchered verse seems negligent of the site's standards of quality at best.

Also, with all due respect, please do not Strawman me. I am not supporting the verse-wide Large Building level rating, just Building level for the stronger characters. Of course I am not tying to put Mercy back at High 8-C, and I thought that kind of rating was ridiculous even at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back