• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.X

Fine it's just so weird...Its literally an aspect of physics that works differently then it does in our world...And it's like the fricken fresh water oceans all over again...IE seemingly pointless and just plain weird.

edit I tried to resist but the pull of new overlord content was to stronk!!! :p

So bad news heating feats are now being treated seperatly from normal ap, good news? If the heating/cooling feats are done via a shared power source they can scale. Said powersource's are usually magic, thus overlord's not liable to be effected.

I found this quote in Chapter 2 Part 6 of Volume 14:

"The pipe found its target and then — it spat out something after a brief flash of fire and lightning.

What used to be single-shot attacks turned into an uncountable amount of projectiles. 'Grakatatata', the sound of apathetic violence could be heard everywhere.

Faced with the unknown projectiles, the Dual-Wielder swung its swords. The sharp 'ting' sounds of whatever was flying towards it being sliced into pieces could be heard. But there was a limit to it.

Two swords could not have dealt with the dozens or even hundreds of projectiles. The tiny projectiles flew at shocking speeds as it penetrated the enemy. The Dual-Wielder started twitching as though it had muscle spasms and like the Shield-Bearer before it, it disappeared."

Although the Death Warrior couldn't stop all of the bullets, it did manage to react to and cut through multiple bullets before being overwhelmed. Is this superior to the speed feats we currently use for people in the realm of heroes?

I mean with cz its a spell gun fired by an android and the newest one is a giant machine gun fired by a gundam, Id need some reason to buy these are slower then real world bullets....

Afaik we didn't have any explicit feats for people reacting to czs gun before this or we would have already scaled. Evileye was dodging gun fire but she could easily have been aim dodging/flying around without looking for the bullets. Here the death warrior is explicitly fast enough to slice through the bullets even if their are to many for him to deal with.

They're physical bullets, not magic like from Shizu's gun.

"The undead in front of them, the Shield-Bearer's head had been pierced by what looked like a long needle.

Wait, no.

What pierced through the Shield-Bearer's head was not a needle; the thing that penetrated through its skull and was now embedded into the stone tile below was something about the size of an index finger.

That meant that that thing was so fast that Skama's kinetic vision could not see it flying through the air at all but could only pick up its afterimage, which looked like a needle."

Well yes they are physical bullets but I didn't realize shizus gun firing spell bullets was the reason we couldn't use her for speed scaling, I always assumed it was because no one blatantly bullet timed/reacted to her gun fire in a way that couldn't be explained as aim dodging...

Eh either way it's good to remember that these bullets are moving to fast for a mithril ranked buffed adventurer to see, and as we know mithril rank is around the area of the lizard men heros who created sonic booms by swinging their weapons...

Azuth Powered Suit is around level 65-70 or so.

He has 7 tier spells in his parts. Chain Dragon Lightning, Fire Storm and one more which looks like Green Ray which effect is enough due to Albedo resist it but she assume it's one kill hit magic like insta-death spells. He kill many DK with Chain Dragon Lightning and also survive Albedo casual blow though he took some damage and was blow away. But still he survive in the end.

His Magic Weapon is Heavy Machine Gun and it has more destructive power than Sizu weapon.

Nope, chapter 3 part 1 is up currently and we haven't even hit any part where we learn about the suits capablities beyond ainz basic description. Though we may have found a hypersonic feat in the earlier volumes but we're waiting for the forum move.

The pen or the sword said:
Nope, chapter 3 part 1 is up currently and we haven't even hit any part where we learn about the suits capablities beyond ainz basic description. Though we may have found a hypersonic feat in the earlier volumes but we're waiting for the forum move.
Just out of curiosiity, what feat are you reffering to?

Looking over I think that may be a mistranlalation/and old translation what I read was this "Cursed Knights could learn was the ability to release waves ofdarkness, inflict cursed wounds which could not be healed by low level healingspells, instant death curses"

but that doesn't necessarily mean that shalltear has it right ?

other than the anit healing curses that were kinda confirmed by kaire dying a while after being wounded by shalltear

She's a max level cursed knight with all the job levels filled in Id need a really good reason to buy her not having it... especially as ainz is explicitly thinking of shalltear while remembering the abilities cursed knights posses...

The Swords of Darkness belonged to the man known as 'Black Knight'. It was one of the four swords he possessed. There was the demonic blade Kilineyram, which could emit dark energy, the blade of rot, Crocdabal, which inflicted wounds that would not heal, the fatal blade Sfeiz, which could kill with the merest scratch, as well as the evil blade Hyumilis, whose powers are unknown."

"Oh—"

Everyone smiled bitterly at Narberal's unenthusiastic reply.
However, Ainz tilted his head in pensive musing. Those abilities seemed familiar.

After careful thought, the image of a vampire appeared in his mind. Those special abilities were similar to the skills possessed by Shalltear Bloodfallen, who had levels in the Cursed Knight class.
Cursed Knights had the backstory of being corrupted cleric-knights who had been cursed, and they were considered to be a very strong class in Yggdrasil.

However, they had a lot of drawbacks, so they were not very popular. Among the skills Cursed Knights could learn was the ability to release waves of darkness, inflict cursed wounds which could not be healed by low-level healing spells, instant-death curses, and so on.

Ah I missed that part so it's based on sfeiz the blade that could kill with the merest scratch or as ainz surmises it's actually a skill from the cursed knight class.

Seeing as shalltear has all five job levels in cursed knight I highly doubt she lacks the ability.

hard to say because not all their classes are on the character sheet.

if there was a class related or rather inferior to cursed knight with 10 level then it being a 5 level class would make sense

Considering its a rare/powerful (Though not well liked) class Im betting its only five levels as that seems to be how the higher tier classes function, Also have to point out when ainz listed those abilities he was explicitly thinking of shalltear.

Well, he just says that she has levels in the Cursed Knight class, then points out some things they can do. Doesn't necessarily mean she can do it all, or that she has all the levels, although I guess it's fair to assume that she has.

As he never points out her not having the full levels, I assume she does. I assume ainz would mention if she didn't as it would be an odd choice, why only put half her levels into cursed knight? where else did the points go? Why give her any levels in cursed knight if your not going to follow through? What benefits are their to taking half the levels? Did she need the points else where? Explain maruyama!

Reading over the job class description it seems likely one would need levels in both cleric and knight job classes as the description of cursed knights describes them as cursed cleric-knights.(Saying that perhaps cleric knights are their own class rather then two seperate classes?)

Either way until we have reason to suspect shalltear only has half the levels in that jobclass I think its safe to assume she has all the abilities listed as we know rarer and more powerful jobclasses could have only five levels and cleric knights could only be gained after reaching level sixty.

Well, you won't always get the full levels in a class, you can just get a few for the features you want, then spend the rest in other stuff to be better optimized.

Im aware but do we have any reason to suspect this is the case for shalltear? (Im just complaining maruyama will never explain where her other sixty levels are...)

You already agreed its safe to assume Im just being overly dramatic, apologies

btw albedo lack a few of the abilities she has on the overlord wiki.

are they not canon ?

she's got item destruction.

poison mist (poison manip)

counter arrow (which makes projectiles return to the user)

succubus eyes (AOE for sleep and defense down)

Back