• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.IX

I really don't get it

Anime and Manga have a crater, and the author directly supervises scenes in the manga

But i know you will never agree, so it seems there is an impass

in order to not deal with this any longer, if storms also won't be valid, 8-B or 8-A seems like a good placeholder till any further feats get shown, such as waiting for Meteor Fall to be visualized

Nuclear Blast swept away multiple buildings, and some random spells Ainz was throwing around was estimated to be able to destroy a city district

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky. Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries.

The issue is really the very same as with authorial intent versus what happens.

Authors also don't have any issue with what they have written even when, for us, it is completely against what they state later on, because they don't understand the implication or know any better most of the time. But this doesn't change that adaptations aren't the source material, or that the changes they make exist and are common, so is things we are very strict about.

imagine having all fate servants scale to a fluff statement for one of the if not THE physically strongest characters but having overlord top tiers at 8-C.

checks out.

imo the manga Fallen Down feat should definitly be able to be used

High 8-C, at-least high on that or bump them to 8-B. Anyways calculations aren't linked on the homepage because there isn't even that header.

Apeironaxim said:
8-B or 8-A seems like a good placeholder till any further feats get shown, such as waiting for Meteor Fall to be visualized

Nuclear Blast swept away multiple buildings, and some random spells Ainz was throwing around was estimated to be able to destroy a city district

Crimson spheres and glowing spheres blossomed in the sky. Each of these spells could probably destroy an entire city district by themselves, and they were hurling them at each other in wild flurries.

I mean, what RulerOfTheAbyss said is partly true of how things can be done. So I guess someone with a glib tongue could bump them based on statements. But I think there seems to be a problem with that statement.

Apeironaxim said:
Anyone have any idea how big a city district would be?

Would destroying one be 8-B or 8-A
A whole district feels like 8-A, but it's a medieval city, so, hard to say. Do we know if the buildings were wood or stone?

Loyts(the city Ainz's battle takes place in) was large enough hold over 150,000 people after the war, so its likely quite big(although its apparently small compared to the kingdoms other cities). As for the material of the buildings, it was a proper fortified city so we're likely talking solid masonry and large city districts with plenty of structures. The place was noted to have fairly advanced infrastructure such as an extensive city-wide sewage system that utilized slime monsters for waste disposal, so it was certainly no shanty town. If visual evidence is needed, we also have the volume cover There isn't much here, but in the backround we can see masonry, crenelated walls and stone towers.

Also, I had already posted this before, but the city district busting could be a tad questionable too:

They ought to have been grateful that only a single city district was destroyed. Many houses were on fire and white plumes of smoke reached to the sky, but the total casualties were almost nil.
As always, what Overlord considers "destroyed" can be a bit weird. Some buildings were just on fire, probably because of the heat burst of the nuclear blast, but it seems to me that "destroyed" isn't "leveled to the ground" and more "unlivable", like in the Bonus Volume. Not sure if you could say how many buildings were destroyed, even if we get an idea for the size of a district.

i was referring to this quote:

I know, but "destroyed" in Overlord isn't generally what we'd consider "destroyed" in vs battle terms, as that example above kinda shows. If just setting it all on fire is enough, then it's not as impressive as it sounds.

the fire description was from Nuclear Blast, the other spells were different, like meteors iirc

I think it was reffering to the buildings around the destroyed area, i dont think anyone whould consider a building on fire as being destroyed, plus we know for a fact that the buildings were destroyed thanks to Ainz's description

Unleashing the fury of that 9th tier spell meant that the surrounding buildings had all been swept away, and there was much more space all of a sudden.
That could not be helped. After all, this city had outlived its usefulness.
He could have widened the spell to try and catch CZ in the blast. However, Ainz was worried about the problems that might result from destroying too much of the city, so he had not done so.

Still shows that a "destroyed" place doesn't really mean that it levels the whole thing. In the Bonus Volume they call cities and countries "destroyed" because everyone in them was turned into zombies, even though all the buildings and such were fine.

The buildings around Ainz were, but not necessarily the whole district, he doesn't say the radius in which they were destroyed.

InfiniteSped said:
Still shows that a "destroyed" place doesn't really mean that it levels the whole thing. In the Bonus Volume they call cities and countries "destroyed" because everyone in them was turned into zombies, even though all the buildings and such were fine.
The buildings around Ainz were, but not necessarily the whole district, he doesn't say the radius in which they were destroyed.
However, what lay beneath his feet was not a swamp.
―Instead, it was ruins.
It was not just a mere one or two buildings, but on the scale of a town ―no, it was greater than that.

[...]

This might be a set of tumbled ruins, but there were still many houses which retained their shape in it.

which one is it maruyama, tumbled ruins or sort of fine

InfiniteSped said:
If every single person in a country died then it might as well be destroyed but a i dont think anyone would ever refer to a building thats just on fire as having been destroyed. The description could also be referring to the area around the destoryed district sinse Ainz cast other fire spells during the fight. I think for now its just better to stick to the assumtion that the entire district was destroyed because if we start debating small details like these we are never going to get anywhere

also, weren't there other battles going on in the city with other lower tier demons?

it's mentioned later much of the city was destroyed, so maybe the quote is like 2 different statements

They ought to have been grateful that only a single city district was destroyed. From Nuclear Blast and such

Many houses were on fire and white plumes of smoke reached to the sky, but the total casualties were almost nil. And then this is talking about the status of the city after the whole operation/invasion in general

From what I remember, the demons invaded, Ainz fought them off, then Wrath appeared later. The battle was over already.

The second part can't be about the battle, because a lot of people died there. It's surely about the Ainz fight.

if we are too uncertain about the city district statement, Ainz should still be 8-B at least

i think 8-A makes sense, but if we need to, we can just do 8-B, likely 8-A

and also add a "Likely far higher", since Nuclear Blast is a weak 9th tier spell and he was trying not to destroy too much of the city. Hell, he didn't even increase the range of Nuclear Blast

i mean, we're gonna at least wait till the freezing and heating revisions are done and see if storms/clouds are affected by it

i'm just trying to establish something as a placeholder if the volume doesn't give any good feats or if the revisions are done before the volume is released

Okay that makes sense, if the freezing and storm feats are effected by the revisions then 8-A with magic seems like the best tier for Ainz, at least with the feats we have currently.

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
imagine having all fate servants scale to a fluff statement for one of the if not THE physically strongest characters but having overlord top tiers at 8-C.
checks out.

Not to sound aggressive, but I honest to God hope this is just a silly joke.

LSirLancelotDuLacl said:
RulerOfTheAbyss said:
checks out.

Not to sound aggressive, but I honest to God hope this is just a silly joke.
He is not wrong, you know.

it's half a joke. there is a little seriousness in there. I do think scaling all of the fate servants to berserkers statement that he can destroy a mountain is a bit weird

I would recommend you both to actually check profiles a little more closely in the future so you don't think it is Overlord getting bad treatment.

7-A came from a calc of weakened Excalibur, which Herk downright deflects in one of the bad endings. Destroying mountains is nothing but a supporting statement. Saber scales because she can parry and sometimes block his strikes, just not for long and not without being smart, so she scales somewhat below him. Otherwise, the statement by itself is worth nothing.

By the way class 10 is way too low for Ainz. I'm sure that dragon was way heavier than an african elephant not to mention Ainz could casualy toss his body around. Even claas 25 would probably be a huge low ball

And floor guardians can't be class M.

Even if we ignore that Gargantua is the strongest floor guardian he is a giant and the cube of rock he lifted is likely even lighter than his own body so I find it really odd to scale other guardians' lifting strength to him because they are somewhat comparable in combat

Oh and if downgrade happens At least 8-A makes the most sence. The nuclear blast wasn't at full power and it's still the weakest tier 9 spell. Not to mention Demiurge and Wrath can do a meteor drop

Back