• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

Sure. I didn't change anything other than the ratings, save for adding tanners for Ainz's page.

Yobo Blue said:
IIRC Evileye was known as Landfall because she blew a country off the map iirc, so that's good supporting Evidence
Do we have a timeframe/idea of size for this?

Supposedly there was one called Nation Breaker who destroyed an entire country.

Brain was thinking this after learning Shalltear was a vampire

This sounds like the Basilisk situation, aka most likely an overtime thing

Yeah, no time frame is given, RIP.

Destroying an entire country, even over a decent amount of time, should at least be support for baseline 7-B.

I wouldn't mind Low 7-B, then 7-B with her trump card if we're being skeptical, though.

Also Takemikazuchi Style Eight is described as being able to cut through Shalltear and her armor like paper, so would that be noted in his Perfect Warrior justification, or it's own entry with his other equipment?

Actually the Supreme Being's weapons are all Divine, while Shalltear's armor is Legendary, so they would all be superior, even if not to the same degree

Really, we don't have any timeframe for any of the city level stuff statements for the lvl 50-60ish people afaik.

The impression I got from most of them is that it was done over time while they went berserk killing everyone, especially Landfall's, who prob did it while in her vampire kill-everyone mode. You could destroy a city one building at a time, especially since we don't know their size.

Yup.

Also, I don't remember when that's said, but if she really "filled a city with undead", that'd imply the city/country being destroyed was more of a "everyone dead and it left in ruins", then "she blew it all up with super magic".

Wasn't Evileye comparable to the 13 Heroes?

If so, shouldn't she scale to the "annihilating a city" statement regardless, as the demonic sword of one of them could theoretically perform the same feat under the control of someone far, far behind them in strength?

Also Evileye compared her "ace in the hole" Talent to the full strength of the sword iirc, not her regular power

Apeironaxim said:
What the weapon does shouldn't be affected by the strength of the person holding it
Yeah, but one of the 13 Heroes holding it should be able to survive it's 7-B attacks and have better control over the sword's energy output.

It'd be a bit silly for people in Evileye's legue to get one-shot by something of that level if she can fight them.

Apeironaxim said:
Also Evileye compared her "ace in the hole" Talent to the full strength of the sword iirc
We scale Super-Tier spells to regular dura/AP despite them not being used often in combat.

Again, is it much to assume the heroes could survive and attack with that potency? Especially since Evileye says it "easily" "annihilates" a city.

Jucaslucas said:
The sword thing was Lakyus' being a chuni. The LN made it a bit vague, but the anime was pretty obvious with it
"Ah, yes. It's my ace in the hole. If I use it… yes, it would be like if our leader's sword went berserk. It could easily annihilate an entire city."

Apeironaxim said:
Jucaslucas said:
The sword thing was Lakyus' being a chuni. The LN made it a bit vague, but the anime was pretty obvious with it
"Ah, yes. It's my ace in the hole. If I use it… yes, it would be like if our leader's sword went berserk. It could easily annihilate an entire city."
"There seemed to be a terrible weight in Evileye's voice as she said this"

The weight should be her remembering how she slaughtered a whole country while going berserk, since the trump card is most likely her full vampire powers

Apeironaxim said:
Apeironaxim said:
Evileye was around the 13 Heroes, so she should know at least a little about how the sword works
When Gagaran mentioned that Lakyus said the sword could destroy a country, she seemed pretty surprised, and said she never heard of anything like that. It doesn't seem she knows that much about it.

"If she didn't want us to know then she most likely judged that she can keep it in check. I don't doubt her willpower, but… to think that sword had such an ability… I had no idea.""

Evileye witnessed the sword being used in its hay day. Of course she's know stuff like that about it. This whole convo about Lakyus telling her stuff seems very unfounded.

Also you seem to forget Evileye actively attempts to hide knowledge on her being Landfall. It's fairly simple why she might pretend she doesn't know something. Even then that was in response to it destroying a country, she said with incredible seriousness it's capacity to anihhilate a city.

The city statement itself is very solid. What we should be discussing is how it applies to the heroes and landfall.

Considering the power of Evileye and her evaluation of Demiurge, it is clear that most of the heroes were much weaker than level 100 YGGDRASIL characters. In terms of their tier level, Fluder Paradyne has stated that 5th tier magic is the highest capable by the heroes. Additionally, he stated that the Thirteen Heroes were equipped with powerful magical weapons which they received from the last city of the Eight Greed Kings.

From the wiki, which says this is from Volume 7 Chapter 2

Dargoo Faust said:
Evileye witnessed the sword being used in its hay day. Of course she's know stuff like that about it. This whole convo about Lakyus telling her stuff seems very unfounded.
Also you seem to forget Evileye actively attempts to hide knowledge on her being Landfall. It's fairly simple why she might pretend she doesn't know something. Even then that was in response to it destroying a country, she said with incredible seriousness it's capacity to anihhilate a city.

The city statement itself is very solid. What we should be discussing is how it applies to the heroes and landfall.
She was very obviously surprised when Gagaran told her about what Lakyus said.

"Demon sword Kilineyram… the strongest Sword of Darkness that is said to be created from condensing endless dark energy. Hey, Evileye. Is it true that if you unleash its full power, it can shoot out enough dark darkness to swallow a country whole?"

"What are you talking about?"

Evileye seemed perplexed.

"Our leader said so awhile back when we were alone. She was grabbing her right hand pretty hard and said something about how only a woman of faith like her can suppress its power."

"I've never heard of anything like that…"

Evileye tilted her head, thinking it odd.

"If the owner says so then it could be true."

She also straight up says multiple times that she knew the Thirteen Heroes, so she's really not hiding that she knows about them. She also says that she had no idea it could do anything like that, so if she knew it could destroy a city, she'd probably point out and not be so surprised. Her mentioning the sword in volume 10 is clearly because of the conversation in volume 5.

Really, just look at the feats the lvl 50ish people have, and there's nothing remotely close to city level there. Even Ainz himself, while fighting Wrath, had his spells only destroying city districts.

Using the ninth tier spell ÒÇîNuclear BlastÒÇì as an attack was a questionable choice. It did composite damage ― half fire, half bludgeoning ― and it was one of the weaker 9th tier spells in terms of damage.

Considering the Evil Lord of Wrath was immune to fire, this spell should not have even been considered for use. Even so, Ainz had his reasons for using this spell.

First of all, it had a very large area of effect. It was superior to almost all other spells in that respect. In addition, this spell also generated all kinds of negative status effects such as poisoning, blindness, deafness, and so on, but anything of the Evil Lord's level would be able to resist it with their raw statistics alone and the Pleiades' equipment ought to have made them immune to all these effects. The main reason he had chosen this spell was because it also possessed a very powerful knockback effect.

He could have widened the spell to try and catch CZ in the blast.

It may have a wide AOE, but it's a really weak damage spell, and he could have widened it more

It destroyed several buildings around him, but the AoE wasn't too big. Most of the city was still intact iirc.

Nuclear-level blasts aren't necessarily that powerful, really.

Like this, it's multi city block by the tier system here.

Also,

They ought to have been grateful that only a single city district was destroyed. Many houses were on fire and white plumes of smoke reached to the sky, but the total casualties were almost nil.

Jucaslucas said:
It destroyed several buildings around him, but the AoE wasn't too big. Most of the city was still intact iirc.Nuclear-level blasts aren't necessarily that powerful, really.
Like this, it's multi city block by the tier system here.
He could have widened the spell to try and catch CZ in the blast. Ainz was worried about the problems that might result from destroying too much of the city, so he had not done so.

Also: Soon, Ainz came to an average-sized square.

If we have an idea of the size of an average square, we might be able to make a very rough guess at its AOE

Yes, he could have widened it by an unknown amount. Doesn't really mean much.

Regardless, I mentioned that just to show that this kind of power isn't really something someone on Evileye's level could achieve.

I admit, I do kinda think the fact Evileye says her city destroying Talent is her trumpcard/ace in the hole suggests she's not City level normally

The problem is finding other feats to scale her from

Back