• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord General Discussion Mk.III

"I don't want to believe that they have more than one monster who can use magic powerful enough to freeze the lake."

The caster who had frozen the river raised his free hand and waved it towards the village.

The lake that had never iced over, the lake that had never changed ever since they were born, had warped and frozen.

---the lake....froze

I'm guessing these aren't enough to say it was frozen entirely?

They don't contradict the scenes where it's shown that the whole thing isn't frozen later. "Iced over" also implies there is ice on top of it, not that it is completely frozen too.

Dargoo Faust said:
And do we have confirmation that the whole lake, upper and lower, was frozen over?
By frozen entirely I meant the entire surface being frozen, and was trying to respond to this ^, but maybe I misinterpreted what you asked

Sorry for the confusion

Ahhhh, no worries.

Yeah, that's not enough to say he covered the whole lake since this is from the same POV that said later that it only froze "as far as they could see".

Is everything frozen in the anime?

Because I'm sure the LN implies it was all frozen, but the fact it doesn't say explicitly it's entirely frozen means we can't assume it is

If he'd frozen the entire lake, that was too wide a range. Apparently he needed to exercise some caution with super-tier spells.

Found one from Ainz, who is thinking this after being told the ice covered more than expected

So this suggests he convered at least most of it, if not the entire thing

He also says it covered the entire 8th level when he tested it out earlier, so if we have a size for one of the levels we can try and apply to the 8th level

Apeironaxim said:
So this suggests he convered at least most of it, if not the entire thing
Fair enough.

So finding how deep it was frozen would help recalc it.

Weren't the lizardmen charging across it when Cocytus first attacked to fight the lich, so it shouldn't be too deep? Though Gargantua creating such a large wave points away from that.

Lake 2
The height of an average adult male Lizardman is 6 foot 3, so you can try and determine how thick these ice pieces are from that maybe

Would Zaryusu be the average, because I am pretty sure Shasuryu is bigger? Is that thickness shown enough to support the skeleton staircase? 100+ armored skeltons at the edge of already broken ice should definitely crack through 2 inches of ice.

AnonymousBlank said:
Weren't the lizardmen charging across it when Cocytus first attacked to fight the lich, so it shouldn't be too deep? Though Gargantua creating such a large wave points away from that.
It's pretty inconsistent, yeah.

I feel like the safest bet is to try and scale the depth to the cube Gargantua threw.

I might post a recalc myself if I have time.

Currently looking at Ainz's matches to see which one's stay:

Wins: His match with Acnologia isn't on Acno's profile, so either someone forgot to put it there, or a CRT caused it to be removed but no one removed it from Ainz's profile

Losses: All seem fine

Inconclusives: All seem fine

Please tell me if I missed anything

That is a safe assumption, as Nabe easily knocking it aside with her physical strength had Khajit comparing her to Mythril and Orichalcum adventurers

Also I think we never quite decided on what we wanted it's Magic Resistance to be treated as, as damage of spells scales to the user's stats, so assigning an AP to certain Tiers of spells isn't really viable

I think we were going to put it down to "Likely 8-C" but again, we weren't totally sure on what to do with its Magic Resistance

Now that you mentioned it, since the magical defense and physical defense are different stats, shouldn't that apply to pretty much all characters? Like, just because they can tank, say, a fireball, it shouldn't mean they can take a physical attack of the same level.

Due to the complicated nature of the stat cards, we are going by what the character has shown to be capable of, and/or stated to be capable of

As far as magic vs Physical Def is conserned the Skeletal Dragon is an exception. It's resistance comes from a skill rather than stats. For example I assume it would be completely immune to any spells from Ainz provided they are below 6th tier.

The redo calc for Creation has been accepted. Is there any objections before I update the ratings?

Not that I can think of

Though those who have "At least" will keep it right?

Like Ainz with Perfect Warrior and Touch Me?

Apeironaxim said:
Currently looking at Ainz's matches to see which one's stay:
Wins: His match with Acnologia isn't on Acno's profile, so either someone forgot to put it there, or a CRT caused it to be removed but no one removed it from Ainz's profile

Losses: All seem fine

Inconclusives: All seem fine

Please tell me if I missed anything/got something wrong

Also, if someone could tell me where Evileye's city statement is, I'd like to look at it

Volume and chapter if you could

"Ugh, it's fine. I'm such an idiot… In any case, I don't intend to go around telling others my talent, kid. Got it?"

"Is it really that dangerous?"

"Ah, yes. It's my ace in the hole. If I use it… yes, it would be like if our leader's sword went berserk. It could easily annihilate an entire city."

Does this really count as being a consistent City level? Sounds more like a last resort move, which some series here have as a higher tier than what the character consistently puts out

Apeironaxim said:
Does this really count as being a consistent City level? Sounds more like a last resort move, which some series here have as a higher tier than what the character consistently puts out
I mean, the wording is "easily", and it would be odd for Evileye's other attacks to be orders of magnitude below 7-B.

Didn't we have other statements to support the rating?

IIRC Evileye was known as Landfall because she blew a country off the map iirc, so that's good supporting Evidence

Shouldn't Wrath just be straight 7-B? He may be considered not really difficult to Ainz, but he should definitely be stronger than Evileye.

Back