• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord - City Level Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Killing an entire city with one attack is a feat only ritual magic can do for people below level 50. An example would be Khajiit. Also People forget that Evileye doesn't scale to a level 50 caster since she herself wasted over 20 levels on her racial classes and spend the rest of her levels to become a 5th tier caster. Around late 50s are where 9th tier casters are at and at that point you could use [Nuclear Blast] to destroy a city, of-course with a spell modifier.

In that regard Overlord is a-bit...Unbalanced. Despite dealing fire damage, bludgeoning damage, as well as poison/negative effects (radiation), as well as having a large area effect larger than almost all spells, [Nuclear Blast] is considered one of the weaker 9th tier spells. So scale =/= power level

TheOneBelowAll123 said:
During their fight Ainz summons lightning from the sky to hit Shaltear
The scene is very similar in the novels and its pretty clear that the lightning bolts came from the sky.

'ÒÇîTriplet Maximize Magic - Call Greater ThunderÒÇì.'

'The crimson blaze — one of Ainz's weaknesses — engulfed him, while three gigantic strokes of lightning earthed themselves through Shalltear's body'

Shaltear doesnt dodge any of the lightning bolts so this wouldnt really effect their reaction speed but what about attack speed ?
[The step leader that initiates the lightning flash propagates downward from the cloud at a rate of about 320,000 ft per second or about 220,000 miles per hour. The return stroke (the current that cause the visible flash) moves upward at a speed of about 320,000,000 ft per second or about 220,000,000 miles per hour (about 1/3 the speed of light).]

Pretty sure 'Call Greater Thunder' doesn't sound normal. Also in that very same volume Shalltear moved before those light speed arrows reached her, they even turned 90 degrees to chase her.

Speed discussion should be saved for another time, this is about City level mid tiers

Since everyone agrees, I'm not sure there's much more to be done ,other than applying the changes

I think that it shouldn't apply to Narberal since she's a 8th tier caster and we don't know what 8th tier is capable of. It should apply to everyone else you've listed

What tier they can cast doesn't matter, since magic strength scales as you improve yourself

One person's Tier 8 power is not everyone else's

Magic strength scales with caster levels as well as level to determine magic attack stat. One person's tier 8 does apply to tier 8 casters, the attack potency increases but not the range. Caster levels fluctuate between 6-7 levels. A tier 8 spell casted by Ainz would do more damage than Narberal casting it but their range is determined from the start, hence spell modifiers that increase range, as well as other stuff

She's surely the strongest of the bunch, but she doesn't really have any clear feats that'd give her a higher rating than the others

I am vehemently against scaling Attack potency to what Tier they can cast unless it's a very specific example, as magic casters strength can vary wildly even in the same Tier

Attack potency is determine by spell and not tier yes, but my point was range. Narberal is 8th tier, we don't what she is capable of at that tier, perhaphs she has large AOE she can spam. Of-course in Overlord range doesn't =/= actually damage, as I've already said about [Nuclear Blast]

Since there doen't seem to be any quantifiable feat for these characters, at the moment, can the downgrades to "At least Building Level, like far higher" be made?

A-bit sad. Narberal can definitely destroy a city in a short amount of time while someone melee of equal level like the first seat of the Black Scripture would be forced to take days if not weeks to destroy a city. My whole point of range =/= power level

oh well

Meh, Mare has the largest AOE among the guardians. His destructive capabilities shouldn't really be a standard for the guardians if/when he shows his abilities soon. After all, Cocytus would make mince meat out of him

We don't know how strong his tier 6 spells are though. He even says that lvl 100s will only use tier 8 or higher while fighting each other.

Well, this has been up for a while, and there doesn't seem to be any opposition. So I guess I'll start making the changes, if no one minds . . .

You could do it, I guess. We don't know much about the mechanics of how her version works though, so it'd be hard to say how strong it is.

We don't really know if it requires any kind of preparation or ritual, for example. Or if she destroyed cities in one go.

Guess I can add it.

She cant release it, she can still use it to add more souls. We know she can do this as she explains she could destroy a city with her talent and has done so before

The wiki says it's very unlikely she'll use it

So even if it's added, it probably won't come up

oof for Evileye

Still should be there for bloodlusted matches.

edit kinda like her innate vampiric abilities she has them but she'll almost never use them outside bloodlusted matches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back