• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

City of Heroes: Fixing my mistakes.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

Unneccessary introduction​

City of Heroes, oh how I mistreated you so. Yeah CoH was the first ever verse I worked on that wasn't already present on the wiki, and considering this was 2020-2021 Reaper, it shows. After three years of not touching the verse at all, with City of Heroes: Homecoming no longer being something other then black market and semi-illegal to play because NCSoft has finally given the IP over, I figured that now was a good a time as any to correct the mistakes of "WTF are you doing" past, and do this.

The Reworks​

Lord Recluse​

Statesman​

The Verse Page​

The pages seem rather well-crafted at a glance, but do you have any accepted calculation blogs to base the character statistics on?

The pages seem rather well-crafted at a glance, but do you have any accepted calculation blogs to base the character statistics on?
8-C is 5 feats of real lightning or all the power of a lightning bolt(so upscaling from borderline 8-C in the first place), and then one-shotting a tank which is a 0.59 ton feat linked on all three pages. So 6 feats total.

Possibly 7-C comes from scaling to Little Boy Nuclear bombs scaling to a statement of "Said to have withstood a nuclear attack" with World War 2 Context backing it. It's possibly for a reason.

Speed of Sound movement speed comes from a movement power quite literally called Speed of Sound and is reinforced in the description of said power and downscaling from Synapse outrunning Missiles.

Massively Hypersonic+ comes from the Aphor mentioned lightning. Because you can quite literally make a lightning cloud and strike people with lightning from it. And everybody can dodge this. There's also Striking people with lightning from clouds that weren't created by the user.

Okay, but I think we have rules against scaling from lightning, and actual accepted calculations would be much preferable to scale from.

Okay, but I think we have rules against scaling from lightning, and actual accepted calculations would be much preferable to scale from.

Hence the first mentioned feat in all 8-C profiles being two seperate "all the power of a lightning bolt" Statements courtesy of the Electricity Assault and Electric Melee powersets

The real lightning stuff is basically support

Profiles look pretty good to me. Speed of Sound should be changed to Supersonic.
Eh, not quite. Supersonic refers to be being faster than sound itself, so the SoS is just Transonic.

Anyway, the overhauls do look fine, but why are there no scans for most of their abilities?

Eh, not quite. Supersonic refers to be being faster than sound itself, so the SoS is just Transonic.
Yeah, but it felt more accurate to just list SoS lol
Anyway, the overhauls do look fine, but why are there no scans for most of their abilities?
Me getting scans on my own is Ghetto AF and that's why I linked the long list of abilities onto the profile, unless of course you want every profile in the verse to be over 100K bytes

Me getting scans on my own is Ghetto AF and that's why I linked the long list of abilities onto the profile, unless of course you want every profile in the verse to be over 100K bytes
Scans plays a big requirement for profiles. Without them, they could make it difficult for us to properly review and evaluate the page, and some off-site fandom sites for these verses could sometimes get the explanations wrong.

Scans plays a big requirement for profiles. Without them, they could make it difficult for us to properly review and evaluate the page, and some off-site fandom sites for these verses could sometimes get the explanations wrong.
Scans are optional, not required, remember? It's References that are required

And those descriptions you speak of... They are literally the descriptions the game gives. So uh, I'd be kinda concerned if the explanations were wrong.

Back