• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Overlord - City Level Downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deletion request thread says it's only for the ones that are admin protected, so I think it's fine to do it for these

Actually, now that I think about it, some of the lvl 100 profiles mention Evileye's city busting too. I know Ainz's does . . .

So wait why shouldn't the Skeleton Dragons resist Ainz's Tier 6 Magic?

It shouldn't matter what his level is since the spell he's using is something explicitly negated by the Dragon as a Racial Trait. A Level 100 Spell Caster using a Tier 6 spell doesn't change the fact that the spell being used is still Tier 6/

I don't think that was the reason it was to be removed

I think they were saying we don't know how strong Ainz's Tier 6 magic is, so it should lose City Level negation

Can anyone explain why Ainz and Go Gin don't scale to this. Ainz was able to impress Evileye by his phisical attacks he also has similar "PHY ATK" stats to his maids. Go Gin stated to be far superior to adamantite-ranked adventurers

Ainz is comparable to a level 33 warrior (physically) as stated by him. Gogin is within the hero realm (30-35). Also Ainz has lower physical capabilities than Demiurge, Evileye evaluated Jaldabaoth as difficulty rating 200+, now 200 divided by 3 = 66. Yes, dividing rating with 3 gives you a rough level, for example Lakyus thinks of herself as a 90, 90/3 = 30, as stated in her character sheet she's reached hero realm. She also thinks Evileye is 150+ = 50+ which is actually where her level is. So Ainz vs Demiurge should have been perfect warrior Ainz vs Demiurge.

Ainz confirmed he was using Perfect Warrior in the ln. Don't remember if he said it in the anime though Edit: that's actually scary how consistent that is using difficulty levels I want to see how that would work with Climb who is I think level 15 and gold rank equivalent.

Gold is 13-16, author already did state his level is 15. He also said if he were to use the ring + limit breaker, he would step into mithril. So 15 + 5 + 1

Copper 1-4

Iron 5-8

Silver 9-12

Gold 13-16

Platinum 17-20

Mithril 21-23

That doesn't align well with danger levels, According to Overlord wiki gold ranks are comparable to c class monsters who range from DL 31-40 or YL ~10-~13 if we divide by 3.

If Ainz was using perfect warior I guess he shouldn't scale from Evileye then.

That is webnovel,

["Difficulty 1 to 10 is F Class. Difficulty 11 to 20 is E Class. Difficulty 21 to 30 is D Class. Difficulty 31 to 40 is C Class. Difficulty 41 to 50 is B Class. Difficulty 51 to 60 is A Class. Difficulty 61 to 70 is A+ Class. We basically do not have anything more than this but there are rumors of A++."] - Chapter 16 Web novel

Evileye is primarily a magic caster, so I wouldn't be surprised if base Ainz was superior to Evileye physcially with his lvl 33 physical stat comparison, but of course I don't think we have any showings of how strong Evileye is physically

Considering Ainz is lvl 100, that's a lot more stat spread, which allows him to have at least some in physical stats, but with Evileye only being 50+, I heavily doubt she has enough stats to have the equivalent of a lvl 33 warrior in physical power

Pretty sure it was stated between vol5 and 6 that she was comparable to Gagaran in physical strength. Which would explain where her levels went since a 5th tier caster is around 28 or 30, leaving over 20 levels of missing levels that she used up on her racials and other stuff.

The author Maruyama mentioned that in the world of Overlord series, a person's physical strength is decided by 3 things: Basic strength (decided by race and training) + Level (the power of evolution) + Class build (mysterious power from the laws of magic).

Just found this and thought it was interesting

Yeah, I did mention it in Mk.IV. My point was that with talent and training without levelling up at, a level 1 you could surpass earth humans.

What are the conclusions here, and what is left to do?

I believe this was concluded awhile ago, as all the characters who got 7-B from Evileye have been appropriately adjusted

I don't think there is anything left

I know it was said that Evileye could use a soul attack, but I'm fairly sure that's not her last resort, considering she can't actually use that ability from what I read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back