• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Over 25 million page views a month

I'm really glad that this place will continue to grow in spite of past hardships and controversies.

It's thanks to all of the positive, friendly, and hard working people who greatly outweigh the rest.

Great job everyone!

I think that the majority of our several hundred thousand individual visitors per month are simply interested in the power levels of different characters that they are familiar with.

It is likely a comparatively much smaller number that are interested in whether or not they are more powerful than other franchises. I am certainly mostly ambivalent about this.

Andytrenom is right about that we have made an effort to handle the wiki structure and its profiles in a professional manner, which also helps.

Yeah, most visitors are generally concerned with the more controversial matchup comparisons. Very few people are invested in all the retro video game characters that are rated so much higher than one would expect. And yeah, I also do love how organized our standard profile formats are compared to other index wikis ect.

I think that you have misunderstood just how many individual visitors that we have compared to how many people that are active in battleboard communities.

Our record number of individual visitors in a month was roughly 800000, and that was just in a single month. If we could count our casual visitors over a longer timespan than that, they would logically number in the millions.

Comparatively speaking, only a few thousand people at most are active in the "who would beat who" communities.

That means that this wiki has gone mainstream, rather than simply appealing to a small niche.

This is why I keep repeating that this wiki is mainly intended to be a well-structured matter-of-fact information database for fictional character power levels, because that is exactly what most of our visitors use it for.

The versus forum is just there so our more active members can have some fun, but is not very important for the wiki as a whole.

I think what DarkDragon was trying to say is that most visitors of this wiki come here to see the stats we have indexed and use that info to see "who's stronger or weaker" or "who would beat who in a fight".

I think that they are mostly just interested in how powerful their favourite characters are, not whether or not they can beat somebody else in a fight.

Antvasima said:
I think that they are mostly just interested in how powerful their favourite characters are, not whether or not they can beat somebody else in a fight.
That's actually the reason i'm here, i originally only wanted to see how JoJo characters were strong compared to others xD

Anyways, i'm glad we are growing. This shows despite problems we had in the past, we are still growing and not stuck in the past. Congrats everyone.

Back