• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our rules regarding composite profiles (Staff only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Final order to be done to composite profiles.

KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM
KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM

GoCommitDi said:
RIP Bugs, at least you defeated Bill Cipher and stomped Alien X
The abilities of the "composite" Bugs Bunny come mainly from the Looney Tunes cartoon and comic. Basically we just need to split the profile into two and life goes on

Anyway, come to think of it, going by the above discussion, we were going to better clarify what kind of composite pages that are and are not allowed, yet our current Editing Rules simply say this:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics, potentially gathered from questionable sources, and do not comply with other rules of the wiki."

This should probably be expanded upon according to our previous discussion before we proceed further.

I mean we gave pokemon and scp the pass, for not being composites, Im pretty sure we're all in favor of nuking every other unnecessary composite as they are little more then fan characters, sure we need to look them over to ensure they're actual composites but beyond that is there really more to discuss?

Yes and we can bring up all the composites in the other thread and see which are salvagable, the final ruling here is seems to be no composites, we simply need to sort through them now.

The pen or the sword said:
I mean we gave pokemon and scp the pass, for not being composites, Im pretty sure we're all in favor of nuking every other unnecessary composite as they are little more then fan characters, sure we need to look them over to ensure they're actual composites but beyond that is there really more to discuss?
We preferably need to make the new rule more elaborate regarding what we consider acceptable exceptions.

I don't think that seems like an accurate summary of our preceding discussion.

SCP is such an outlier in terms of how the verse as a whole exists, I imagine wording a rule specifically around it would be an unnecessary burden.

Pokemon is species, species are allowed. It never really conflicted with this rule in the first place.

I mean, I think it's fair. We have special rules for Marvel and DC stuff, then it's fair to have special rules for SCP stuff too, especially considering that those two are the only verses that have a unique powerscaling system too

Is somebody willing to ask Promestein, Sera EX, and Kepekley23 to help us out here?

SCP essentially already has comments about composites on its Scaling and Canon Rules for the SCP Foundatio page, does any of that need to be reworded?

Extended Canon is to be a separate key on an SCP File in question where there are enough alternative stories that it can be placed in a different tier or have a sufficiently different set of abilities. It functions similarly to a Composite profile, however they still follow more general narrative trends on the website, and are thus subject to scrutiny such as PIS and Outliers. Also included in this is collaborative testing logs, which are put together by the various members of the website.

Some SCPs have interpretations that may contradict or differ from the Extended Canon enough to be placed in a separate key (I.E. SCP-173 and The Koitern, SCP-076 and Hevel-Ab-Leshal, etc.).

SCPs that have only one or two significant canons outside of the original file may have them in different keys as opposed to an extended canon (Such as SCP-3589 and its Apotheosis Canon interpretation).

Armando (SCP-3589) is a shitty example because there is no difference between the file and the Apotheosis canon as the article and the Apotheosis interpretations were written by Weryllium, his keys should be pre- and post-blue infection rather than a canon distinction that doesn't exist (Ôëû_Ôëû ).

I'm sorry, but I have to ask.

If we are nuking composite profiles, why exactly aren´t Vs. threads from being added to profiles banned too? They are as fanfictional in nature as a composite profile.

Yes, as IIRC the only reason they are allowed on those in the first place seems to be simply incorrect now.

I totally like them being around in profiles, but I'm genuinely curious.

After all, the only reason they were kept around was because many liked them (Please correct me if I'm wrong), now look at Composite Human, the issue here is clear.

Well to answer you question, Vs matches aren't apart of the character's actual profile portion and are only a way to index a match that was done between two characters. We don't use Dante beating Yu Narakami in a verses match up as a feat or anything like that in another match up.

Yes, but what makes them different from composite profiles in the regard that they are just fanfiction to not potentially get nuked too?

Nothing besides actually having a reason to be on the pages and they don't affect the characters actual ratings, tiers, keys, items, lore and etc unlike a composite profile.

I mean, the same could be said for composite profiles.

But eh, I'm not actually willing to do a CRT for the removal of all Vs. threads on profiles and to such thing no longer being allowed.

@Bobsican

A Vs match up is using a real canon profile in a match while a composite profile is just non-canon profile. I don't get what you're trying to say here.

Antvasima said:
Anyway, come to think of it, going by the above discussion, we were going to better clarify what kind of composite pages that are and are not allowed, yet our current Editing Rules simply say this:

"Do not create composite profiles, as they contain highly inflated statistics, potentially gathered from questionable sources, and do not comply with other rules of the wiki."

This should probably be expanded upon according to our previous discussion before we proceed further.
I would appreciate if we could try to expand on our current too brief regulation text, so it explains why we should still allow Pokémo, SCP Foundatio, and likely Looney Tunes profiles, for example.

Help would be very appreciated.

Perhaps something along the lines of:

While some verses may have a lot of stories written by a lot of different authors over a wide span of time, as long as these are all considered canon to each other, their feats can be used together without being considered a composite.

I think Agnaa's explanation seems to be the best, especially since there are other potential situations where it would apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back