• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our internal Discussions forum has been deactivated

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is a message to inform our community that we have disabled our wiki's internal Discussions forum. It was a decision taken after unanimous agreement between the bureaucrats and feedback from the rest of our staff team.

There were several reasons contributing to this decision:

Primarily, it is something that we never wanted. Discussions never had the required features to replace our old forum, but it was forced upon us. That's the main reason why we had to move to a new external forum in the first place. It serves no productive purpose for the improvement of our wiki, and is a pointless redundant drain of our time and resources, now that we already have our primary forum up and running. We wanted to disable it from the beginning, but Fandom has given us a go-ahead now.

Apart from that, we also don't have enough active staff to stretch them thin in order to properly moderate it. As a result, it has grown increasingly toxic and out of control over time, to the point that there has been at least one raid against another wiki community organised from it, and it gives our wiki a bad reputation. The three thread moderators that we assigned to manage it are overwhelmed and recurrently harassed by the regular members there. And we don't think it's worth wasting any more time, effort and resources on it.

Our apologies for if this has inconvenienced some of our members, but it was a necessity. The well-behaved and productive members should hopefully find their way to this forum if they want.

As a consequence of this, our internal forum thread moderators @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless @Ned_the_outer_god and @StarKingDemonLord will have to be retired as well, so we want to take this opportunity to thank them for making a continuous effort with helping us out to the best of their abilities.

salvation.jpg

This is good news; while normally shutting down open chat discussions isn't something we support, it was a platform with little to know supervision and not enough management to deal with a multitude of questionable threads that just keep popping despite being told numerous times to drop it.

However, in the long wrong, this is a good decision.

I have a question. Do we, internal forum thread moderators, still have access to Staff Discussions?

Edit: The previous thread moderator, The Narrator of Narratives, is asking if he can have the retired badge too. Is that alright with you, Antvasima?

Last edited:
Honestly, if the Discussions worked a little bit more like the Amino social network, I could see it being a bit more positive than it has been.

That being said, I'm very glad this was finally taken care of. The Discussions have been source to nothing but trouble, and all of the trolls there honestly had it coming.

Congrats are in order for Ned, Oblivion and StarKing for having what was essentially an infinite amount of patience and dedication to ensure there was some semblance of organization so thank you three.
on a side note I'm glad that place is gone, due to the high levels of toxicity which were so potent it'd make Godzilla envious.

I have a question. Do we, internal forum thread moderators, still have access to Staff Discussions?

Edit: The previous thread moderator, The Narrator of Narratives, is asking if he can have the retired badge too. Is that alright with you, Antvasima?
Yes, of course. You will get retired badges. You haven't done anything inappropriate.

Huh, I'm surprised Fandom changed their tune on this. They were very insistent on keeping it so that vsbw remained on the app, even after what looked to me like unanimous agreement among our staff for removing it.

Was it something like the increasing toxicity/the raid on another wiki that had them changing their minds?

No, they changed their minds before the Bleach uproar happened. I think that Ursuul simply managed to properly explain to them that it was out of control and served no proper purpose for us.

Man I remember when I first complained about it and I knew something like the OP was gonna happen. I know I called the fact that it was gonna segment the community and bring in toxic folk. Like I get why Fandom wanted it around to get those stupid mobile user clicks but still, so stupid and short sighted on the higher ups part.

I'm actually surprised this happened considering FANDOM was so heavily against removing it before. That place was honestly pretty amusing to me, so even if it is kinda sad to see it go, the way the toxicity in there seemed to increase by the day makes this justifiable.

Also, much congrats to those who managed that place, I know at least I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Back