Our internal Discussions forum has been deactivated

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Hello.

This is a message to inform our community that we have disabled our wiki's internal Discussions forum. It was a decision taken after unanimous agreement between the bureaucrats and feedback from the rest of our staff team.

There were several reasons contributing to this decision:

Primarily, it is something that we never wanted. Discussions never had the required features to replace our old forum, but it was forced upon us. That's the main reason why we had to move to a new external forum in the first place. It serves no productive purpose for the improvement of our wiki, and is a pointless redundant drain of our time and resources, now that we already have our primary forum up and running. We wanted to disable it from the beginning, but Fandom has given us a go-ahead now.

Apart from that, we also don't have enough active staff to stretch them thin in order to properly moderate it. As a result, it has grown increasingly toxic and out of control over time, to the point that there has been at least one raid against another wiki community organised from it, and it gives our wiki a bad reputation. The three thread moderators that we assigned to manage it are overwhelmed and recurrently harassed by the regular members there. And we don't think it's worth wasting any more time, effort and resources on it.

Our apologies for if this has inconvenienced some of our members, but it was a necessity. The well-behaved and productive members should hopefully find their way to this forum if they want.

As a consequence of this, our internal forum thread moderators @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless @Ned_the_outer_god and @StarKingDemonLord will have to be retired as well, so we want to take this opportunity to thank them for making a continuous effort with helping us out to the best of their abilities.

Ned_the_outer_god

VS Battles
Retired

DarkDragonMedeus

The Sword and Shield of AKM Sama
VS Battles
Sysop
This is good news; while normally shutting down open chat discussions isn't something we support, it was a platform with little to know supervision and not enough management to deal with a multitude of questionable threads that just keep popping despite being told numerous times to drop it.

However, in the long wrong, this is a good decision.

StarKingDemonLord

VS Battles
Retired
I have a question. Do we, internal forum thread moderators, still have access to Staff Discussions?

Edit: The previous thread moderator, The Narrator of Narratives, is asking if he can have the retired badge too. Is that alright with you, Antvasima?

Last edited:

Starter_Pack

VS Battles
Content Moderator
Honestly, if the Discussions worked a little bit more like the Amino social network, I could see it being a bit more positive than it has been.

That being said, I'm very glad this was finally taken care of. The Discussions have been source to nothing but trouble, and all of the trolls there honestly had it coming.

Congrats are in order for Ned, Oblivion and StarKing for having what was essentially an infinite amount of patience and dedication to ensure there was some semblance of organization so thank you three.
on a side note I'm glad that place is gone, due to the high levels of toxicity which were so potent it'd make Godzilla envious.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
I have a question. Do we, internal forum thread moderators, still have access to Staff Discussions?

Edit: The previous thread moderator, The Narrator of Narratives, is asking if he can have the retired badge too. Is that alright with you, Antvasima?
Yes, of course. You will get retired badges. You haven't done anything inappropriate.

Huh, I'm surprised Fandom changed their tune on this. They were very insistent on keeping it so that vsbw remained on the app, even after what looked to me like unanimous agreement among our staff for removing it.

Was it something like the increasing toxicity/the raid on another wiki that had them changing their minds?

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
No, they changed their minds before the Bleach uproar happened. I think that Ursuul simply managed to properly explain to them that it was out of control and served no proper purpose for us.

Man I remember when I first complained about it and I knew something like the OP was gonna happen. I know I called the fact that it was gonna segment the community and bring in toxic folk. Like I get why Fandom wanted it around to get those stupid mobile user clicks but still, so stupid and short sighted on the higher ups part.

I'm actually surprised this happened considering FANDOM was so heavily against removing it before. That place was honestly pretty amusing to me, so even if it is kinda sad to see it go, the way the toxicity in there seemed to increase by the day makes this justifiable.

Also, much congrats to those who managed that place, I know at least I wouldn't have been able to do it.

Only thing bad now are the vs threads, people from the internal forum that didn't like our profiles are now in here just lolnoping the versus thread section because "I have my own scaling" -_-

Ned_the_outer_god

VS Battles
Retired
ngl but most of the profiles on this wiki are just terrible (no offence)
  • Basically, we are well aware of that not all profiles are reliable, as it is an impossible task for so many characters from wildly different franchises. However, we consider everything a work in progress, and have worked extremely hard to manage, and gradually improve, the wiki as well as we are able under the circumstances. The quality would have been enormously worse if the staff had not devoted so much of their time and energy.

I mean if they're all so eager to "use their own scaling" then why not go to r/WhoWouldWin then? That seems much more productive than being unruly within this forum, and a good number of notable users here also spend their time there (with some considering the VS debating rules there as better than this forum's).
A good (and arguably larger) part of this forum are all about managing the profiles, and if you're not satisfied with some of them you can always try to get them fixed.

Yeah. It has its pros and cons, especially in comparison with this forum's own VS threads.
But r/WWW encourages individual user to form their own arguments and prove their points. It's debating in its classic form. And the rules are subjective as it is scan-based, hence why r/RespectThreads is a thing.
The only reason r/WWW threads would suck is that the users themselves don't follow the rules (which aren't exactly strictly imposed for every thread, as that would be nigh impossible to do). It's rare to see quality threads there where you'll see people arguing with walls of texts full of scans.
It's why the best threads in that sub are the ones hosted by the mods (the tourneys/great debates).

In comparison, the quality of the VS threads in this forum is highly dependent on the quality of the profiles.
It's pretty much the reason why I don't bother much with VS threads here (besides overall lack of interest in VS debating overall). The major feature of this forum is CRT anyways (I think, lol).

Thanks god that place was deactivated, you guys really made a great job at trying to maintain it peaceful but it was inevitable that it would become out of hand after that bleach thread. At least none of you will have to deal with this anymore.

Now, on the other hand, this sounds like a interesting development, as Discussions was one of the reasons we had to come at this new forum. Perphaps this all will eventually lead to us regaining the old and classic VSBW forum and format? Who knows.

Ned_the_outer_god

VS Battles
Retired
but it was inevitable that it would become out of hand after that bleach thread.
Actually, when Bleach DID get upgraded, it caused a lot of controversy and a bunch of people wanted Solar System level Naruto. Bleach threads in general were always toxic there

Ned_the_outer_god

VS Battles
Retired
I just saw some on the Members thing:
  • M.Animefan
  • Auggie1234
  • JoshDoshMosh
  • Raketwerper
I already saw M.Animefan putting Yhwach against Post Crisis Superman.... why?

Hello.

This is a message to inform our community that we have disabled our wiki's internal Discussions forum. It was a decision taken after unanimous agreement between the bureaucrats and feedback from the rest of our staff team.

There were several reasons contributing to this decision:

Primarily, it is something that we never wanted. Discussions never had the required features to replace our old forum, but it was forced upon us. That's the main reason why we had to move to a new external forum in the first place. It serves no productive purpose for the improvement of our wiki, and is a pointless redundant drain of our time and resources, now that we already have our primary forum up and running. We wanted to disable it from the beginning, but Fandom has given us a go-ahead now.

Apart from that, we also don't have enough active staff to stretch them thin in order to properly moderate it. As a result, it has grown increasingly toxic and out of control over time, to the point that there has been at least one raid against another wiki community organised from it, and it gives our wiki a bad reputation. The three thread moderators that we assigned to manage it are overwhelmed and recurrently harassed by the regular members there. And we don't think it's worth wasting any more time, effort and resources on it.

Our apologies for if this has inconvenienced some of our members, but it was a necessity. The well-behaved and productive members should hopefully find their way to this forum if they want.

As a consequence of this, our internal forum thread moderators @Oblivion_Of_The_Endless @Ned_the_outer_god and @StarKingDemonLord will have to be retired as well, so we want to take this opportunity to thank them for making a continuous effort with helping us out to the best of their abilities.
Not a bad idea. That place was filled with toxic users, Goku wankers and at least 70% of the matches were either a spite or a stomp.

I'm going to miss some users that i meet there tho.

Last edited by a moderator:

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Now, on the other hand, this sounds like a interesting development, as Discussions was one of the reasons we had to come at this new forum. Perphaps this all will eventually lead to us regaining the old and classic VSBW forum and format? Who knows.
No, sorry, but Fandom is extremely likely never going to do that, and this forum also has vastly improved functionality and features compared to our old one.

well a wankeo more than everything to blechs but there is still a lot of toxicity especially by bleach fans especially. Aple Lord Mayuri steadied the flow of souls in the final arc. Soul King has no control over the soul cycle. The debasement was based on lies in the same way that the soul cycle was said to be a lie on the next page they used to degrade the verse

I apologize for bumping this thread, but I would like to know, does that mean anyone can sign up on this new website and are not restricted to only having a registered account on Fandom or is it the former?
Thank you very much.