• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Otsutsuki Clan from Naruto were revealed to be Aliens parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the recent Boruto Chapter, chapter 45, it was revealed that they are in fact Aliens and they have abiltities like "possession" with Karma and Immortality type 6, parasitic immortality via karma as well.

What do you think?

Possession on whoever kill them and lives indefinitily thanks to Karma and that method, hence why sealing them was the only way for Naruto and Sasuke in the Original Naruto.

Otherwise Kaguya would possesed either of them, the one who killed her.

Of course, that implies to real top tier Otsutsuki Clan members.

Aside from the implications for the powerscalings i really dont like this development. I was relatively ok with the focus on ninja-tech but it turns out the entire lore of Naruto was of a single planet which wasnt mythical at all, everything came from aliens and its some alien invasion, the freaking TEN-TAILS is actually just a seed for the world-tree (which makes no sense since why wasnt all live on earth destroyed? the tree in the naruto-series had the fruit and kaguya ate it and still there was life on that planet).

Its just a load of inconsistent not thought-out-at-all BS.

GreatestSin said:
Aside from the implications for the powerscalings i really dont like this development. I was relatively ok with the focus on ninja-tech but it turns out the entire lore of Naruto was of a single planet which wasnt mythical at all, everything came from aliens and its some alien invasion, the freaking TEN-TAILS is actually just a seed for the world-tree (which makes no sense since why wasnt all live on earth destroyed? the tree in the naruto-series had the fruit and kaguya ate it and still there was life on that planet).
That is basically what you call a retcon, and unfortunately you know what it mean.

Well, what do you expect? It was obvious that those Otsutsuki were Aliens from another planet of the Universe and they travel via crossing dimenions with portal.

Ummm honestly the chapter didn't reveal anything we didn't already know.

We already knew the Otsutsuki clan were a bunch of Aliens who's only goal was to suck a planet dry of its chakra by eating its Chakra fruit which is procured through creating a Divine Tree, which is done using a Juubi. We knew all this already since the war arc lol. We also knew Karma was a form of possession/Immortality, so I agree with the abilities you're suggesting here.

Honestly I was hoping for a more in depth explanation about their origin, their home world, powers, culture, abilities, or really anything we didn't already know. It was a very disappointing chapter imo.

GreatestSin said:
Implications? You mean that some downgrade are coming again?

Specifically, ask some of the staff members listed there, so they can update the pages if necessary.

Can the relevant links or scans about Karma be posted so I could check since I am not to familiar with the topic?

Elizhaa said:
Can the relevant links or scans about Karma be posted so I could check since I am not to familiar with the topic?
Well, that will be difficult if you don't know and read Naruto/Boruto.

Well, I will post it a little bit later when my PC will finish to update itself.

Dooyo said:
No, what i think this development implies is that countries and continents arent the only thing that can be blown up anymore. And alongside another ten-tails that means you can actually have several jinchuriki with the ten-tails power inside their bodies. So if the powerlevels had went crazy before, it will become absolutely bs.

GreatestSin said:
Dooyo said:
No, what i think this development implies is that countries and continents arent the only thing that can be blown up anymore. And alongside another ten-tails that means you can actually have several jinchuriki with the ten-tails power inside their bodies. So if the powerlevels had went crazy before, it will become absolutely bs.
Well, we will see.but I understand your point.

I was re-reading the Boruto series for Karma but I was busy for real-life for a proper response. I will to reply later tonight on my views.

I re-read the part of the manga on Karma. I am not sure I can agree on the upgrades. The method for possession/bodies switching is largely unknown and look to only apply to the Ōtsutsuki who were of using Karma like Isshiki Ōtsutsuki and the Ōtsutsuki within Boruto,

Kaguya's goal was to take the chakra from Naruto and Sasuke not to possess them. I don't believe Ōtsutsuki have shown enough evidences for the abilities either.

Thank you for helping out. Kaguya possessed Madara though.

The method for possession/bodies switching is largely unknown and look to only apply to the Ōtsutsuki who were of using Karma like Isshiki Ōtsutsuki and the Ōtsutsuki within Boruto,

The method is pretty clear, you kill the Ootsutsuki, their spirit stops tthe time and leaves the Karma in you thus possesssing you with their soul.

Momoshiki, Kaguya and possibly Kishiki should get this type of immortality and possession. Isshiki doesn't have the profile yet, there is only a profile for Jigen, he is the one who is possessed.

Antvasima said:
Thank you for helping out. Kaguya possessed Madara though.
Technically speaking Madara had already sealed Kaguya inside of himself by making himself a Jinchuriki for the 10-Tails.

I suppose so, but it gives the rest some context.

Kaguya never got a chance to give anyone a Karma because she was technically never killed. Both times she was sealed by Hagoromo/Hamura and Naruto/Sasuke.

Momoshiki's case is quite clear as we've seen it happen. Jigen and Isshiki is likely a similar case, but we should wait for their full backstory just to be absolutely certain. But honestly I think it's quite clear how it works already. They get killed, and possess those who killed them, slowly transforming them into a "perfect Otsutsuki vessel" and overtaking them thus achieving a full resurrection of sorts.

It also seems that it can be bestowed upon people who haven't killed or even met the Otsutsuki in question, such as Kawaki, but this method seemingly requires prep time.

Wasn't it also mentioned that the sons of Hagoromo keep possessing new people, with Naruto and Sasuke being the latest?

Antvasima said:
Wasn't it also memtioned that the sons of Hagoromo keep possessing new people, with Naruto and Sasuke being the latest?
They don't possess them, but are reincarnated into them. The new reincarnations inherit their chakra and are fated to clash. Naruto and Sasuke broke that fate and ended the cycle of conflict and reincarnation. Also Naruto and Sasuke do have a will of their own, it's just the chakra and the fate of conflict that is inherited through the generations.

What the Otsutsuki (such as Momoshiki and Isshiki) do is straight up possession though, and a form of immortality, as they have their soul inhabit a new host as a soul. Slowly transforming them into a perfect Otsutsuki, and eventually possessing them completely. It's been likened to parasitic behavior in the latest chapter, but we still don't have the full context yet.

Can you show the scan that support "Momoshiki took over Boruto's body and stole chakra from Naruto to replenish Boruto's chakra and defeated Boro"?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Elizhaa said:
Can you show the scan that support "Momoshiki took over Boruto's body and stole chakra from Naruto to replenish Boruto's chakra and defeated Boro"?
It was in this chapter, Elizhaa-Chan.
Thanks. I saw the scan already but I thought it was another Ōtsutsuki since online the Ōtsutsuki was identified as unnamed or mysterious...

I re-checked the manga; in Chapter 10, it looks correct that Momoshiki give Boruto the Karma seal which should mean that Momoshiki taking control over Boruto's body is correct.

I think Ōtsutsuki Clan having abiltities like "possession" with Karma and Immortality type 6, parasitic immortality via karma as well could be accurate.

Okay. Thanks for the evaluation. I suppose that can probably be applied then.

Is some staff member willing to handle it?

Antvasima said:
Is some staff member willing to handle it?
Since you said that this forum will move soon, I think that it is better to hold it off until then, no one is in hurry anyway.

This seems like a rather simple change to apply, and the forum move has been delayed due to errors in the backup archives, so it is probably fine.

The only affected pages should be Kaguya, Momoshiki, Kinshiki and Urashiki as the primary members of the Otsutuki clan.

Except when Urashiki was killed, he didn't apply the Karma to anyone, did he? So I'm not sure if he should get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back