• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Oryx, the Mad God vs Shu the Wind God

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
Start 10 Meters away

Battle takes place in an open grassland

O1 is used

Speed Equal

Shu: 0

Oryx: 1

Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Was about to comment that this was an utter stomp, but this is Mad God not Taken King.

Oryx still seems way too good, unless his stuff is weaker than it seems at first glance; he's got a lot of defensive and offensive hax, while Shu just has 7-B wind attacks.

Are BFR and Immortality Type 4 not sufficiently combat usable?

EDIT: Also, you may wanna specify 7-B dura/SS for Shu so he doesn't get one-shot.

We're at the place he'd even BFR to and it's not IC for combat anyway

Type 4 is an outright unknown amount of time

and all of his other shit is not really good besides invulnerability which he mostly uses to gloat without attacking.

Shu's only real problem here is definitely Danmaku and the status effects that come from it. Also a ridiclous Scaling chain from Oryx that's around 20+ characters from 8.8 Megatons

Shu probably has more range, but that isn't super relevant considering the starting distance and speed equalisation.

Shu has more LS but I'd guess that Oryx could attack while restrained.

Oryx has some status effect inducement of varying usefulness. Slowed and Dazed sound the most useful. Weak is a marginal benefit but nothing too major. Blinding and Sick don't sound useful in this instance. Quiet and Armor Broken probably wouldn't work due to different verse mechanics. And Confuse isn't explained.

Shu has some maneuverability with flight, but Oryx is likely to have that too.

How likely does it seem that Shu's air blasts would be able to blow Oryx's attacks back at him? His canonical fight had him flying around, throwing blasts of air at the MC to disrupt the MC's attacks from forming, or to blow them back after they were launched, or to destroy the terrain, confining the MC's movement.

Last edited:
Shu probably has more range, but that isn't super relevant considering the starting distance and speed equalisation.

Shu has more LS but I'd guess that Oryx's could attack while restrained.

Oryx has some status effect inducement of varying usefulness. Slowed and Dazed sound the most useful. Weak is a marginal benefit but nothing too major. Blinding and Sick don't sound useful in this instance. Quiet and Armor Broken probably wouldn't work due to different verse mechanics. And Confuse isn't explained.

Shu has some maneuverability with flight, but Oryx is likely to have that too.

How likely does it seem that Shu's air blasts would be able to blow Oryx's attacks back at him? His canonical fight had him flying around, throwing blasts of air at the MC to disrupt the MC's attacks from forming, or to blow them back after they were launched, or to destroy the terrain, confining the MC's movement.
Should I change the enviroment so there isn't a roof?

Yeah

Quiet definetly wouldn't work and Armor broken is basically just putting Dura neg on someone for the duration. Confuse is, well, confusing considering it sets the controls of the player different, so yeah.

Yep.

Unlikely I'd say outside of the "bombs" he throws around and probably wouldn't do it again if it gets yeeted back at him.

Probably. How 3-dimensional are Oryx's attacks, anyway?

Armor broken is basically just putting Dura neg on someone for the duration

I mean, does it reduce them to 10-B, or does it just remove the effect of their armour? Because Shu's not really mentioned to be wearing armour.

Confuse is, well, confusing considering it sets the controls of the player different, so yeah.

Is there any accepted interpretation of it in matches?

Unlikely I'd say outside of the "bombs" he throws around and probably wouldn't do it again if it gets yeeted back at him.

Hm, for more info, Shu seemed capable of blowing ItRtG's main character's spirit-energy-heat-ball-thing, if that sounds close to Oryx's other attacks.

Probably. How 3-dimensional are Oryx's attacks, anyway?

Armor broken is basically just putting Dura neg on someone for the duration

I mean, does it reduce them to 10-B, or does it just remove the effect of their armour? Because Shu's not really mentioned to be wearing armour.

Confuse is, well, confusing considering it sets the controls of the player different, so yeah.

Is there any accepted interpretation of it in matches?

Hm, for more info, Shu seemed capable of blowing ItRtG's main character's spirit-energy-heat-ball-thing, if that sounds close to Oryx's other attacks.
Unknown, it's a 2-D game. the guy himself is like 12 feet tall though. Open grassland now.

It just outright negs durability, doesn't matter what ya do it just goes through basically.

Definitely could blow away the Exploding Suns then, but Oryx never does that more than once and probably would call it early if he saw them getting blown back at him though

Does that open grassland bring back BFR concerns?

Environment change is nice, but probably not enough for Shu to have more than a miniscule chance of winning. Oryx has a lot of supportive abilities, a very impressive scaling chain, and can effectively match everything Shu does that matters.

Does that open grassland bring back BFR concerns?

Environment change is nice, but probably not enough for Shu to have more than a miniscule chance of winning. Oryx has a lot of supportive abilities, a very impressive scaling chain, and can effectively match everything Shu does that matters.
nope.

O1 it is, not nearly as impressive danmake and the scaling chain practically goes bye-bye to where Oryx would only have a slight advantage at best

Then I'd say Oryx has a likely win; still has a chance of getting messed up by comparable (or maybe even slightly stronger) attacks, or his own attacks, Shu would be more able to dodge his attacks and their associated status effects. With the new terrain, even if they both have flight, Shu seems more accustomed to it; outmaneuvering or just flying away and attacking at the same time has some amount of viability. Still, Oryx's benefits are a lot more simple and seem more likely to crop up and turn into a win.

Back