• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Orochimaru vs Itachi

I know this isn't really a well-liked topic, and I probably will get a lot of hate for it, but I've been off anime-battles for long, and had an epiphany haha.

Prime Roach{Without ET} vs Prime Itachi{Only his Abilities}.

They start off a Km away, in a terrain with pretty good cover and ambush points.

Itachi 3 { Rocker1189, AstralKing7 & Wrath Of Itachi}

vs

Orochimaru 0

Very good reasoning guys, 10/10 haha.

The one scene in the anime, where Itachi got Orochimaru in a Genjutsu was when Orochimaru wasn't ready to face one.

I don't see why he'd be Genjutusu'd from the get-go in a match where he knows he's going against Itachi instead of what happened in the series.

Because orochimaru does not have any resistance to genjutsu. All itachi needs to do is put him into a genjutsu and he win. Orochimaru even admits that he's no match for itachi, thats why he went after sasuke.

What do you mean "Orochimaru does not have any resistance to Genjutsu" Lol?

Off the top of my head, I can remember Oro being trapped in a Genjutsu only twice.

The first time, when he wasn't even expecting a Genjutsu, aiming and taking out Itachi by surprise.

And the second time, when he was going to transfer his soul, and Sasuke Genjutsu'd him.

Both don't really factor into this. Orochimaru isn't specifically weak against Genjutsu. I don't know why people have that notion, unless I'm missing something?

"Orochimaru even admits that he's no match for Itachi, that is why he went after Sasuke"

Itachi was out-of-reach from Orochimaru's grips, not necessarily much much stronger.

The only illusion that Orochimaru will be gg'd by is Tsukuyomi or in thought, with Izanagi combo. Izanami doesn't really work here, and KA is restricted.

Via Genjutsu isn't a proper reason in this context to me, though.

More than this battle being counted, I'm just curious about this. If you want them to be added, sure.

Itachi literally one shots Oro with it. Oro has shown no resistance to Itachis genjutsu. U can be ready for genjutsu and still get caught. You don't think Oro wouldn't think to be prepared for Itachis genjutsu??? Yes he would but Itachi puts you in genjutsu when he first sees you

That....logic is flawed.

Orochimaru, due to being one of the Sannin HAS to have some kind of minimum resistance against Genjutsu. Just like how Tsunade almost never uses Ninjutsu, but actually does know Ninjutsu.

As I said, only twice, in the series Orochimaru has been caught in a Genjutsu.

A) When he was sure that he'd get Itachi with his snakes

B) When he was highly weak and Sasuke lol'd him.

Both times, he wasn't watching out for Genjutsu. Both timeshe wasn't anticipating battle.

"U can be ready for genjutsu and still get caught"

Totally irrelevant.

"You don't think Oro wouldn't think to be prepared for Itachis genjutsu???"

No, he wasn't, when he ambushed Itachi.

"Yes he would but Itachi puts you in genjutsu when he first sees you"

Yes he would what? Also, Orochimaru would break out of Genjutsu lol.

Ninja are trained to resist genjutsu, but it also depends on other factors as they are shown to be trapped in genjutsu sometimes.

As for Orochimaru, he has zero feats or showings to suggest that he can resist Itachi's genjutsu. Sasuke had a fully matured Sharingan, and he was under Itachi's genjutsu the whole time.

It's a whole fact in the ninja world when you come across Itachi ucbiha or prepare to fight him that you have to be prepared for his genjutsu

Since you say Oro wasn't that means Oro is just a dumbass

@Astral, it was....an Ambush that Orochimaru was sure of winning, though.

@Burning, that doesn't translate to Itachi one-shots Oro with Genjutsu either. You can't jump to the conclusion that when A>B, B>C => A>C.
3353320-zetsu
Also, "Sasuke had a fully matured Sharingan, and he was under Itachi's genjutsu the whole time."

Was this before or after Sasuke breaking Itachi's Tsukuyomi?

I have no interest in the match-up itself. Sharingan can see through illusions, but Itachi's worked on Kakashi and Sasuke. Orochimaru certainly has no showings to suggest he can resist the illusions, so I don't get why he'd resist Itachi's. All he has is the normal genjutsu training. He's never been hyped or stated to be something special against genjutsu.

Sasuke never broke out of Itachi's genjutsu--- it was confirmed by Obito. Itachi was holding back on him, as everyone knows.

Sasuke..did break out of Tsukuyomi though, as confirmed by Zetsu. It was from his merit and not Itachi's holding back

I don't get the line of reaosnimg of Sasuke/Kakashi not being able to break out relating to Orochimaru not being able to break out of it.

That way you could say Itachi beats someone like Hashirama with Genjutsu and people would agree with you.

Contradicted by Obito telling Sasuke the truth, and Itachi being confirmed to be holding back. He wanted Sasuke to kill him, after all.

What I mean is that both can see through illusions, but were affected. Orochimaru doesn't have any showings, so it'd affect him as well.

Hashirama has superb chakra control, so you can argue he'd resist it. As for Tsukuyomi, that's another broken illusion entirely. I don't know if Hashirama would resist it.

Contradicted how exactly?

After Sasuke broke Tsukuyomi, Zetsu specifically mentions it and Itachi is surprised.

This is also backed by the fact that Itachi states to Kakashi that only Someone with a Sharingan + Uchiha blood can break Tsukuyomi.

You don't become a Sannin without being well-developed in all fields. As I said, someone like Tsunade does know Ninjutsu, she just opts to not use it. Someone like Jiraiya does know how to break out of Genjutsu, but can hardly cast one on his own.

Claiming that Orochimaru can't break a normal Genjutsu is a fallacy. As I said in the topic, sure Tsukuyomi one-shots him. But the other normal Genjutsu, not really.

Also, not a reliable source, I know, but Orochimaru has a 5/5 for Genjutsu in the databooks

I still think everyone's underestimating Oro.

Dude you do understand Itachi can make normal genjutsu as strong as his other genjutsu right??? People don't understand that his sharingan genjutsu have special properties which is why they are hard to break out of. That's the only thing. He can make his normal genjutsu just as hard to break out of because of a simple thing called Chakra Control.

"normal Genjutsu as strong as other Genjutsu"

Very irrelevant.

"special properties"

Like what

Itachi can't make Normal Genjutsu as strong as something like Tsukuyomi. Claiming that(which I assume you are, as it is the only logical conclusion), makes no sense at all.

Back