• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He didn't really damage Genos did he? The most I remember is him ripping off an arm desgined to come off. As for "fending off" Bang and Bomb, didn't he only use a tree to blow them away after destroying the ground beneath them? Then right after Phoniex Man summoned Elder Centipede to distract all of them.

It's good for his durability, but I dunno if it's enough to warrent 7A on its own for AP. I think he needs to scale from Metal Bat for that, who could withstand at least 3 minutes of Kabuto in Carnage mode before the VR ended the program prematurely.

I was just saying that for stamina and speed seeing as how he endured a beating from the both of them and was able to still fight back despite said injuries.

And for Genos I meant that despite in his weakened state he was able to keep up with and dodge a surprise beam attack Genos

Oh that. Yeah speed is scaling from Genos, Silverfang, Bomb, and Metal Bat.

" As for abilites he gets Heat Resistence. "

And moving his Air Manipulation and Psychokinesis Resistance to his middle key.

Just to note, Murata updated the page with Garou talking about 'fighting spirit' and included a panel of Metal Bat so we can now say that Garou has officially copied Metal Bat's ability which should be included in his Half-Monster Key. Here is the relevant page.

Damage3245 said:
Just to note, Murata updated the page with Garou talking about 'fighting spirit' and included a panel of Metal Bat so we can now say that Garou has officially copied Metal Bat's ability which should be included in his Half-Monster Key.
Here is the relevant page.
I made a thread on this lol and it wasnt accepted. I knew i was right again.

You mean peak Human | partial monsterizatio | full monsterizatio | awakened?

I say we'd need more feats before seperating full monsterization from awakened. Maybe once the manga reaches that point?

Agree with the changes above btw, and while we're on topic, I'd like to propose that/vouch for Garou getting Immortality (Type 2)

Throughout the manga, Garou has survived many situations which should be lethal to a human. This is further backed up when Psykos says "You must experience "Death" many times as a human", which is pretty explicit for "You should be in many lethal situations".

Orochi could get this immortality as well, for being one of Psykos' many test subjects who was said to have survived death, shown where Garou says that Psykos has tried this (putting people in lethal situations) many times, to which Psykos went on to tell Garou about how Orochi was her first success. I'm a little more shaky on the last one, but for Garou this should be a definite.

Awakened is Full Monsterization at this point. He only needs three keys.

And I think it's too early to give Immortality to Garou. Gyoro-Gyoro makes it clear that the subject could die at any moment when experiencing near-death multiple times.

When she said that, I believe she was referring to her other subjects; the failures that were never fully monsterized. Orochi was different and so is Garou, as Psykos mentions.

This statement not only gives us justification of Garou's type 2, but gives us clarity of what happened with Royal Ripper. It's clear that Royal Ripper wouldn't have left the act of killing Garou unfinished given his murderous personality. Psykos even mentions that having Royal Ripper there was to have Garou experience death; to 'facilitate his growth' (and then relates him to Orochi again, hint hint, type 2 for orochi). As soon as Garou is caught off guard after saving the human child, he is brutally slashed by Royal Ripper. "So you say, but he's already dead. You didn't stop me in time, Bug God".

Here, this is a clear reference of the process of monsterization being accelerated by death. What happened after this incident? Garou got far powerful, now being able to one shot Royal Ripper and withstand Overgrown Rover.

Here's the video for reference. This and the most recent manga chapter show Garou's type 2

Can somebody summarise what still needs to be done here?

Okay, and what statistics should he have in each of them, and why?

To be more precise, the abilities and stats for his additional key have been decided upon. I think we're just waiting for permission to edit the page.

Tier: 7-A | At least 7-A | At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B

And the keys being something like "Peak Human Garou | Partial Monsterization | Full Monsterization". The last two titles are current a work in progress though. As for abilites he gets Heat Resistence.

The big changes are really that we need to adjust his AP, Durability, and Speed justifications for Peak Human Garou. AP is presumably Metal Bat scaling, Speed is removing everything but Genos scaling, and Durability I don't know. Maybe Bang/Bomb or Genos scaling?

Partial Monsterization is just his current justifications from what I'm seeing

Also anyone know why Monster Garou's range is "Planetary":

Range: Standard melee range | Planetary

Even Boros isn't listed at Planetary without his energy attacks (that Garou lacks):

Range: Unknown | Tens of kilometers with shockwaves, planetary with energy blasts.

It should be changed to be a few meters or something with Martial Arts.

This and Air Manipulation and Psychokinesis Resistance and fighting spirit (works like metal bat's) to his partial monsterization form, type 2 immortality probably to peak human Garou.

That should cover it all

Okay, and what is the reason for the 7-A, High 6-A and 5-B statistics?

His human form is 7-A for taking on Metal Bat who was boosted by Fighting Spirit during their battle. At least 7-A for defeating Darkshine. And he's High 6-A/5-B for being equal to Boros.

7-A for Garou Peak Human is for making Metal Bat bleed and taking hits from Bang and Bomb when they were serious.

At least 7-A for Garou partial monsterization is for being far superior to his previous form and taking hits from Overgrown Rover + Orochi (admittedly not very well, but hey)

High 6-A, Possibly 5-B for awakened Garou as ONE stated a match between Garou and Boros would be very close. In the webcomic he was far, far superior to all of the S-class heroes even when holding back.

Okay. It should probably be fine if you perform the edits then.

Done. All that's needed now is an image of partially monsterized Garou to add it to his profile

Okay. Is this thread finished then, or is there something left to do?

I can't think of anything else that needs discussing at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back