• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that the authors, the manga, and the databooks all haven't referred to Boros or Garou as God Level means that there is probably a reason for it. Until some official source explicitely uses the term God Level, calling them that may not be accurate.

> Again, let's just go around saying "A+ Class" and insisting there's such a thing as "A+ Class" heroes.

If the authors kept calling a character by a term that essentially meant A+ Class then there might be some justification for it, but there isn't. That's not the case with Boros, Garou and Orochi.

Boros is by the literal definition of God Level a God Level threat, and is stated to be above Dragon Level, with the only ranking above Dragon Level being God Level. Even if he doesn't have that title card, he's logically God Level.

A+ Class isn't a thing, the only class that's above A Class is S Class, with no in betweens. Same with Dragon and God.

If someone said that a character was "above A-Class", would you insist on making up an entirely new rank and acting like it actually exists? That is exactly what this case is.

I always took it as "Upper Echelon of Dragon" rather than "In between Dragon and God". Like Tornado being leagues above the other S-Class. But if it helps I'll admit that I used improper termonology. On subject I do think droping the unknown is okay as of now since we actually have feats for him, but we should keep the "possibly higher". Or just do "At least 7A, likely/possibly higher."

> I'm talking about ONE's statement that Boros is above Dragon, not the guidebook's. Which according to this translation had it as "Dragon?"

Yeah that happens later on in the same book (alternate Translation which uses the exact phrase as the Orochi one) . The person in that post added the "?" because of the later comment. Considering how he's danced arond just saying "God" I think he's saving it for a later villain.

He is logically a God level threat, yes (although it you consider it from a technical standpoint, he isn't a threat to all of humanity because there is one human out there called Saitama that he's no threat to at all but that's besides the point) but it's also true that he hasn't been referred to as that. And neither has Garou.

> A+ Class isn't a thing, the only class that's above A Class is S Class, with no in betweens. Same with Dragon and God.

You seem to have misinterpreted what I've said. I'm agreeing with you that A+ Class isn't a thing. There is no basis for it. That's not the case with 'Dragon+' which I'll remind you isn't an official term. It's a term that's used for characters that are explicitely stronger than Dragon level threats but not explicitely referred to as God level threats. That's all.

Whether you personally disagree with that definition or not, that's fine, but that's what people use as shorthand for 'Above Dragon'. Don't picture it as a separate official ranking altogether because not what people mean.

@Qawsed One of the translations you cite uses "Above Dragon", the other uses "greater than or equal to God". Which one is the correct one?

@Damage The Hero Association doesn't know Saitama's power. Boros by virtue of being able to surface/planetbust would fit their definition of God Level. And he's "above Dragon", which the only thing above Dragon is God.

There is no basis for "Dragon+" either. Again it's a made up, headcanon term used all because someone was referred to as "above Dragon". It is no different than making a guy "A+ Class" if he was stated "above A-Class".

Ryukama said:
@Qawsed One of the translations you cite uses "Above Dragon", the other uses "greater than or equal to God". Which one is the correct one?
Well luckly someone scanned the entire OPM databook and made an imgur album. Here's the page and here's the question about Boros. "õ╗Ñõ©è" means "that and above " basically. So the phrase is Above Dragon, Further than Dragon, or "Equal to or Superior than Dragon". Should be noted that the large blurd to the right of the image says "The disaster level is Dragon. What kind of mysterious being is one of disaster level God..." according to the Reddit translator. Which also causes confusion in his rank.

I think offically, even if it doesn't really make a lot of sense, is that Boros is a Dragon level threat.

Possibly. But all it says is Darkshine is super strong (which we knew already) and that it's fine for Garou to fight him after losing horribly to Orochi.

Garou's most recent fight will no doubt encourage a lot of growth/power increase for Garou and I expect the fight to go essentially the same as the webcomic.

He never said "losing horribly to Orochi". We don't know how the outcome will go. If Garou wins then fights Darkshine then good lord.

>Beats Orochi

>Darkshine still cracks his ribs with one attack and overpowers his WSRSF

Well back to being on topic, is the current chapter enough to remove the Unknown rating from Orochi's tier now?

While it is true that we don't know what the ultimate outcome of the fight is, Garou has (for the time being) lost the fight after being punched into the wall. He's in the same position he was in the webcomic at this moment only instead of being squashed by Psykos, he's being squashed by Orochi.

There's also apparently going to be a fight between Orochi and Tatsumaki. Low 6-B Orochi would be dope.

I changed "Dragon+" to "Dragon or Above" like the OPM Wiki has, since that's the actual term used by ONE and Murata. That should be an alright compromise.

That's fine.

Shall we add the middle key for Garou? The abilities should be moved from his human key to his Half-Awakened / Half-Monster key is Air Manipulation and Psychic Resistance (and possibly adding heat resistance too).

LeviathanCalamity said:
I believe that Garou should have three keys
He is getting three keys. Human Garou, partial monster Garou, and Fully transformed Monster Garou if I'm getting the names right

Ryukama said:
There's also apparently going to be a fight between Orochi and Tatsumaki. Low 6-B Orochi would be dope.
I changed "Dragon+" to "Dragon or Above" like the OPM Wiki has, since that's the actual term used by ONE and Murata. That should be an alright compromise.
I like that you've done this. It seemed like you wanted to remove the category entirely

@LeviathanCalamity You should wait on Orochi's upgrade,it wasn't anything final and just a comment on a potential way that Tatsumaki could get injured in the story, it hasn't been confirmed as of right now.

LeviathanCalamity said:
I upgraded Orochi, as Murata himself literally said that Orochi injures Tatsu
Well, you gotta wait for the chapter to come out before you upgrade them. Like we can't just base this huge power jump just by statements alone. When the time comes then you can upgrade them but for now Orochi stays at 7-A

You accidentally left in the Tornado part at the end of his AP.

> Should be superior to Tatsumaki

They've been added to Orochi. The Garou ones need to have a mod like Ryukama okaying them I think. To my understanding the keys are now

Tier: 7-A | At least 7-A | At least High 6-A, possibly 5-B

And the keys being something like "Peak Human Garou | Partial Monsterization | Full Monsterization". The last two titles are current a work in progress though. As for abilites he gets Heat Resistence.

The big changes are really that we need to adjust his AP, Durability, and Speed justifications for Peak Human Garou. AP is presumably Metal Bat scaling, Speed is removing everything but Genos scaling, and Durability I don't know. Maybe Bang/Bomb or Genos scaling?

Partial Monsterization is just his current justifications from what I'm seeing

Also anyone know why Monster Garou's range is "Planetary":

Range: Standard melee range | Planetary

Even Boros isn't listed at Planetary without his energy attacks (that Garou lacks):

Range: Unknown | Tens of kilometers with shockwaves, planetary with energy blasts.

It should be changed to be a few meters or something with Martial Arts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back