• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OPM Dragon level threats downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily - they were 7-B because they're agreed to be significantly better than Choze rather than comparable to Gouketsu. There are still Dragon-levels with higher tiers based on their own feats like Vaccine Man, Geryuganshoop, Phoenix Man, who they could theoretically be comparable to.

That said, there's an argument to be made about getting rid of that anyway, because Gouketsu ganked someone who is directly superior to Choze, and yet still tops out at Low 7-B. So I wouldn't be against reverting all of the 7-Bs back to Low 7-B+

My question is why did you only measure the inner ring? The cloud was expanded a lot further than just the inner circle.

The other rings were not completely dispelled and I believe that the far rings the speed is much lower than that of the central. Moreover, in the original calc was seen a central ring.

Poor Dragon level monsters, we've gone from Mountain level (which made sense, Gouketsu's weaker than Orochi but the gap ain't THAT big) to Small City level...

How come Carnage Kabuto's base is Small City level+ and Gouketsu isn't? At the very minimum they should be comparable since they both can turn G4 Genos into scrap with 1-2 punches (Gouketsu knocked out a heavily damaged Genos with one punch and CK two-shotted him in base in the VGS)

Well Goketsu's thing was off screen so we don't know how much effort he put into it. Its more of a supporting feat now than tier evidence. The only 7-As are BG and PM now.

You could just use this calc as a supporting feat, Gouketsu shouldn't be that close to Suiryu.

Qawsedf234 said:
Well Goketsu's thing was off screen so we don't know how much effort he put into it. Its more of a supporting feat now than tier evidence. The only 7-As are BG and PM now.
Thanks to Gyoro Gyoro, Gouketsu probably knew Genos was an S-Class hero, hence why he approached him at incredible speeds as opposed to walking up to him slowly like he does to everything in the tournament (except for Suiryu when he breaks his arm).

You all need to remember to always update the lists of accepted calculations in the verse pages during revisions: One-Punch Ma

Okay. That is good. It is important to always update it if a new accepted and beter version of a previously listed and used calculation appears.

• All 7-Bs nerfed to Low 7-B (although as a note unlike before the gap between Suiryu and 7-B is now 4x rather than the 10~x it was before)**
Given how Suiryu's feat comes from his Fight with Choze, a Demon level monster, who should be explicitly much weaker than Bakuzan, arguably the weakest Dragon level monster in the series, who was shown to be so weak that Gouketsu could block his attacks with a finger...

Why the hell are all the Cadres, who should logically be on the same level as Gouketsu, only Low 7-B+? They should be 7-B by their own merit for being on the same level. The Gouketsu worship on this website needs to friggin' stop.

I agree completely, not exactly with the Gouketsu part, but that they should be 7-B.

This website overhypes the shit out of Gouketsu solely because of the value we place on calcs and because back when he was first introduced people were falling into the "Oh my god he's so strong hype". Some people even thought on the threads back then he would give Saitama a Boros-level fight lmao.

I don't exactly agree with him being on the level of most of the Cadres because their strength varies as much as the S-Classes and we don't have enough information on how powerful Gouketsu is (other than him being Cadre-level, which may or may not put him above Hellfire Flame and Galewind, both of whom are candidates). In my opinion, he shouldn't be as strong as someone like Evil Natural Water or Psykos (even before she amped herself with that potion or whatever), but that's just as an opinion.

Also, it's implied he could at least take on many S-Classes.

What do other staff members here think about the Gouketsu scaling?

Kin201 said:
I thought Gouketsu was an exceptionally strong executive compared to the other
¨This is never stated or implied. His exceptional strength comes from the fact that HE IS a Cadre. Elder Centipede and Gouketsu are the first two explicitly introduced Dragon level threats in the series and they are shown to be really strong because of that).

Matthew Schroeder said:
The only argument for Gouketsu being strong enough to take many S-Classes at once is Genos overhyping the enemy.
I agreed. GKS shouldn't be that strong. But I'm not sure if the other cadres should also scale to him due to their strength varies as much as the S-Classes ( Like Asura said)

Matthew Schroeder said:
The only argument for Gouketsu being strong enough to take many S-Classes at once is Genos overhyping the enemy.
Both Gouketsu himself and Gyro confirm this. We have no reason to believe Genos is overhyping him, rather that he doesn't know the limits of Saitama's strength.

Many of Genos' statements are iffy but not all of them, like Genos saying Gouketsu was stronger than any monster he's faced, thus putting him above the only other Dragon he'd faced at that point, Carnage Kabuto.

I personally do not mind if the other cadres are scaled from Gouketsu.

Antvasima said:
It appears to be not that simple, I personally think we need to discuss more about it

Cadres being only Low 7-B when that come from a feat that's only 4 times weaker than Gouketsu's, and is at least two tiers of characters lower is kinda ridiculous. They should all be 7-B.

Antvasima said:
I don't think they should. There is nothing linking them to be the same strength at all.

> The only argument for Gouketsu being strong enough to take many S-Classes at once is Genos overhyping the enemy.

That, and Gouketsu's own estimation of himself.

It's not Goketsu worship Matt, its just that no one but Orochi has the evidence too scale to him. That was the reason the 7-A downgrades went through as well. Because of the lack of evidence any form of Goketsu scaling is based on an assumption.

Also Goketsu's feat is not 4 times stronger than Suiryu's. Its (unless the recalc is accepted) 21.69 times greater. The current 7-B stuff is scaling from Octopus now since its within 2x of baseline 7-B.

Btw if Hundred-Eyes Octopus, a (admittedly very strong) Demon level monster is Small City level+, no Dragon should be ranked the same as him, they should all be above him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back