• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OP Earth Size

Js250476 said:
Well tbf how many absurdly large planets in fiction actually do that?
Admittedly none because they have extremely low densities or something. But most of the time, it just comes down to fiction being fiction.

Assuming he is 10.000 meters tall the One piece world would need to be more than 30.5779817 times larger than the sun (actually, the new world alone would need if he did walk in only one direction)

I think we can safely say that he's no more than a kilometer tall. 10,000 meters would put Zou up to Skypeia heights which would be a bit silly.

Even then it's still far too big of course for the planet.

Arent they basically using a calculated value (aka size of the planet) to calculate a feat?

I think calc stacking is applying the results of another calc to this it's just using the average elephant speed

Hilariously Dark told me if we used MHS+ we'd get a planet bigger then multiple galaxies LMAO ( obviously not legit just something I found hilarious)

Edit: from what I've been told using previous calced sizes of something for a feat is fine it's just using calced other values isn't alright

Ricsi-viragosi said:
And bravo damage, you assumed 1km as height than you above saying 3 times the size of the sun was right (mathematically).
Oh, nice. Funny that.

I mean even if you have to lowball it as much as possible ( like peak human speeds) it would probably still be big

Js250476 said:
I mean even if you have to lowball it as much as possible ( like peak human speeds) it would probably still be big
That would make it X4.5 bigger than earth, but to say that its moving at that speed is ridicolous and just an excuse for an outlier to be aacepted

I agree with Ricsi here.

All these attempts to try and calc the size of One Piece's Earth seem to be out of a desperation to make certain feats more impressive and boost calcs.

Why not we just accept it being an unknown size likely larger than IRL Earth, and not have it factor into any calcs? Until we get some proper evidence, alright?

A rocky planet being the size of Jupiter and more massive, is possible. So a size around that of a Gas Giant is a more reasonable size tbh

VersusJunkie54 said:
A rocky planet being the size of Jupiter and more massive, is possible. So a size around that of a Gas Giant is a more reasonable size tbh
But needing to assume that a 20 kilometer elephant is going as fast as a human for it isn't

Damage3245 said:
I agree with Ricsi here.

All these attempts to try and calc the size of One Piece's Earth seem to be out of a desperation to make certain feats more impressive and boost calcs.

Why not we just accept it being an unknown size likely larger than IRL Earth, and not have it factor into any calcs? Until we get some proper evidence, alright?
Then we will have to downgrade people.

I agree with that PaChi2. I think that the currently accepting calcs will need to be remade.

I'm not an experienced calcer so I'm probably not the best person to do it but I'll try if nobody else wants to do it.

Okay, I've been discussing it with someone and I can make the new calculations for the important calcs that Fujitora, Luffy & Doflamingo are impacted by (which will go on to impact the scaling for over a dozen other profiles).

Since this will lead to some heavy revisions, I'll create the calcs in a couple days and post them for evaluations then.

I agree with Damage, also if the Zou peoplecan't even see off if Zanunisha we have no indication of him going straight, so Earth size planet for the calcs and "possibly higher" ratings for the characters seems the most reasonable to me.

I still think possibly much higher is warranted imo with several things in the series implying a much bigger planet ( 50km river Zunisha's 1000 year travel and Viola's 4000km sight range being limited to a country Ect) it seems reasonable to me

I would at least like some kind of compromise

The compromise is that depending on the results, Possibly Higher, may be added to some characters.

Three of the things you've mentioned there are not indications of larger planet size. Zunisha's travel time has been debunked, and Viola's eyesight was never specified to only be limited to Dressrosa.

"If I stay here I can see what is going on in the entire country"

And I recall that feat is legit but was disregarded for leading to several times the sun earth again

Did she say that while standing in the very center of the country? If not then that just means the country isn't too big to be in her range.

No, the feat wasn't legit, but it was also disregarded for leading to it being too big anyway.

And Viola saying she can see everything going on in the country is true since the country is within her 4000 kilometer range... Doesn't mean it's the only thing within range.

But it isn't a 4000km country, it's a country that can be seen by a 4000km range. She could say the same about the US, or the Vatican and it would be true.

Well the implications are there since to my knowledge is was never said to have a range containing a significant portion of the planet which implies it could be bigger then normal

It also wasn't stated to not be a significant portion of the planet either... So it could be either way, and implies nothing.

Back