• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OP Earth Size

Okay, thanks, I'm actually glad I don't need to do it now :p

I would also say that's a Priority 1 calc.

about the atmosphere if it indeed exceeds 9380km and was 15.63 times the size of the earth it would still have the same exact atmospheric pressure as earth as it would be the same ratio of atmosphere to planet surface area of the earth. and again this was a low ball calculation as I do not know how many other moons are contained within the planets atmosphere I care not how this affects the verse but it does show that the one piece planet is at least 15.63 times the earth which is like a Jupiter and a half (Jupiter is 11.2 times the earth) but I think calc stacking led to the sun calc science would allow the 15.63 times earth it makes sense

At some point in the one piece story, nami is gonna draw her famous map of the world. We might also get a drawing of the one piece world before nami, so i feel like there is no reason to rush this. We can just wait for oda to give us the real size of the one piece world, instead of using these ridiculous calculations that put the one piece world at star level or even on solar system level.

Just for now, lets just use our own earth size for the one piece world even tho we all know that the one piece world is much bigger then ours. I think it's much better doing it this way.

It might do, though that should probably be discussed on a separate thread when the time comes.

@Kaiser well that at least gives me hope that we'll get there old stats back again someday ( the Nami part is also a really good point)

Or you could consider it the removal of an upgrade that they should not have had in the first place.

Apologies if I'm being a killjoy, that's just the way I see the current situation.

Well thanks for the apology just this whole thing has been a letdown in general so trying to stay positive is kinda my best mindset rn

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this I guess

Wrath Of Itachi said:
So would this make their rel speed an outlier considering the calc is now mach 500?
The relativistic speed is based on Silvers Rayleigh feat that has no relation with the feat of Doflamingo.

I don't think so. Kizaru's speed is repeatedly very explicitly the speed of light, and other characters can keep up with him.

Kizaru's speed will be unaffected but which characters scale to him may need to be re-examined.

Wrath Of Itachi said:
I know, but having a mach 100K feat when the highest feat they have preformed is mach 500, that would make it an outlier.
Expect the fact that other high-top tiers in the series were capable to react to Kizaru and his LS movement, Whitebeard was able to do a similar feat to stop him from reaching Luffy.

Also, Kalifa was be calculated to be easily Mach 271 and she far below Enies Lobby Luffy (without Gear Second), do you want to tell me that Doffy, someone who is far far above Enies Lobby characters, would be at most 2 times faster than her?

im fine with the Jupiter sized planet and if we go back to earth sized the so be it I treid brining science into this but was ignored it is fiction the size doesn't matter all that much disregard it completely for all I care now even if the planet was earth sized its atmosphere would not be breathable or able to sustain life do to the amount of the planets suface area being open water would have too much hydrogen and unbonded oxygen it would be essentially unable to sustain most forms of mammalian life.

Also IIRC we accept Kuma's air palms at lightspeed and Zoro could dodge one of them while injured

There's also the fact that Kuma has stated lightspeed attacks (which Zoro dodged) and we also accept Noro-Noro beams as light speed (which Luffy dodged).

There's a strong chance a least a couple of those scenarios are outliers as well. Let's not completely rule anything out.

Kuma does not have a lightspeed attack.

He repels air at the speed of light per his own statement, which would make it insanely slower than LS once it travels literally any distance whatsoever away from his palms. If I fire a bullet at the speed of light, it is going to massively decelerate the instant that kinetic energy is applied and it begins to move through any medium that is not a vacuum. A point of semantics, yes, but important distinction nonetheless.

Further, Kizaru does not move at Lightspeed in regular combat. He only does so when utilizing specific techniques; for instance, when he uses Yata no Kagami he moved so fast that Scratchmen seemingly stopped moving altogether in relation. That was lightspeed movement explicitly.

The only real 'lightspeed' movement we ever get in manga canon is Marco blocking Yasakani no Magatama, which had a pretty substantial announcement and build up time before it and is honestly most likely relativistic at best and an outlier. Rayleigh never reacts to a lightspeed attack from Kizaru, he merely slices apart a beam of already-fired light and kicks away an off-guard Kizaru's leg.

Further, we shouldn't even really be engaging this as IT DOES NOT SCALE TO DOFFY. It has no bearing nor impact on these things, and Doffy's high-end reaction feat should absolutely be what we use to determine reaction speeds since it has been calced in a manner that is non-arbitrary and in fitting with how fast the progression of the verse ought to be at this point in time based on such things as the Kalifa calc at Mach 217 or so, isn't it?

I agree with Xulrev here.

The main flaw of the Rayleigh assumption is that Rayleigh starts moving after Kizaru completely turns into those light particles (which may not have even been lightspeed at that moment since he could be accelerating), but we see Rayleigh notice the beam of light on the very first panel of that page.

This means there is any time between the first panel of the last panel for Rayleigh to start moving and cut the beam of light apart. That Kizaru recieved a glancing injury from that doesn't mean Rayleigh required relativistic reactions to hit him.

@Xulrev

Well, I am not very well informed about the deeper specifics of One Piece scaling. Perhaps you have a point.

1cheapskate said:
as far as light speed feat goes I agree with xul but I believe there is already a thread discussing that elsewhere
There is? Where is it?

Ah, so we'd need to open a new thread to discuss that when the time comes.

@Js

I don't know much about calculations, but those looked pretty good with me. You can post them in a evaluation thread so calc staff can look at them.

Back