• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

OP Earth Size

Well it was basically said the current way of scaling the OP Earth was unreliable

Although Darkanine is planning to try another way to calc it's size using Zunisha

Okay. That might be a solution, although Zunisha probably hasn't walked in a straight line.

Probably from what I remember of the scans Zunisha was walking across the New world the whole way and couldn't do anything else unless ordered to do so

So it's a possibility

if an earth sized planet has an atmosphere extending 600k above its surface and the closest planet to its moon is mars and phobos at about 9380 km apart with that as reference the one piece planet must be big enough to have its atmosphere exceed that 9380km and then some since it has multiple moons that the mains planets atmosphere is reaching

this would mean for an earthlike atmosphere to reach past its closest moon it would roughly 15.63 times bigger than the earth. And Jupiter is only 11.2 times the size of the earth this however would only be the minimum size for it closest moon to be within the atmosphere and one pieces world has several more I cant give an estimate at this time but it least this is a jumping off point

Isn't that bit of a stretch? Wouldn't the atmospheric pressure on the characters be absolutely crushing them if that were the case?

Are we even certain that the atmosphere extends to the Moon? Enel's ship reaching the Moon isn't enough evidence for that IMO.

Regarding crushing atmospheric pressure in real world terms, we can simply call that part story convenience due to being fiction.

Or, the more likely option, we're just overestimating the size of the planet's atmosphere?

Maybe the atmosphere doesn't actually extend over 9380km.

Js250476 said:
Probably from what I remember of the scans Zunisha was walking across the New world the whole way and couldn't do anything else unless ordered to do so
So it's a possibility
It could work, the only other factor to figured out is the travel speed of Zunisha.

Although we could just assume that Zunisha is travelling at the speed of an average human (or a standard elephant) for a very low end.

For Zunisha's speed we could probably find how many times larger than an elephant he is and multiply an elephant's speed by that.

Blahblah9755 said:
For Zunisha's speed we could probably find how many times larger than an elephant he is and multiply an elephant's speed by that.
Propably, still for a low end by using the average to peak human speed should be acceptable.

Being ordered to walk for centuries doesn't mean only walking in a straight line. We don't know if he was told to walk to a specific destination or, was told only to keep walking forver (unless ordered to do something else).

My idea for for Zunisha is to use average elephant running speed for a low end ( 15 miles an hour)

Or for a high end use Average Elephant speed and compare it to an elephant of Zunisha's size

I'm pretty sure that would get you a result that's still bigger than the Sun...

I'd wager about 3.2 times bigger in fact.

And I wanted to say real quick more stuff implies Zunisha was just moving forward the whole time ( still in the new world a millennia later,can't act unless ordered to do so and IIRC is implied it's actually trying to travel across the planet to reach somewhere)

With the last point in mind it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Zunisha to take a bunch of detours

It's not actually implied in the story, it's just raised as a question by one of the characters. Being in the New World still doesn't mean it has to have been moving in a straight line; moving around in very big circles would keep him in the New World too.

Not acting unless ordered to do so doesn't mean anything. If his last order was to just walk, then all Zunisha would do is walk, not necessarily walk in a straight line only.

Damage3245 said:
Being ordered to walk for centuries doesn't mean only walking in a straight line. We don't know if he was told to walk to a specific destination or, was told only to keep walking forver (unless ordered to do something else).
Zunisha himself stated that its punish to walking for all eternity till the end of time, or at least until he reach his destinatio, which means that after centuries he is yet to reach his destination, which is likely located in the New World as it was never stated that Zunisha had walked in the other Blue Seas.

> Zunisha himself stated that its punish to walking for all eternity till the end of time, or at least until he reach his destinatio, which means that after centuries he is yet to reach his destination, which is likely located in the New World as it was never stated that Zunisha had walked in the other Blue Seas.

That character is speculating. He doesn't know if Zunisha has a specific destination in mind.

Walking for all eternity till the end of time actually suggests the opposite, right? That Zunisha has to keep walking forever with no destination.

That's not that easy in the normal seas, let alone in one piece.

Its not like the people who get lost in sea are ******** in inteligence

Well not at all of course and Zunisha is at least of average human intelligence

I don't remember I've being Implied he ever got lost or sidetracked somewhere else before

That's the thing though, by your own admission Zunisha was condemned to walk the seas for 'eternity', to do something eternally means to do it without end.

Therefore Zunisha doesn't have an end destination; Zunisha has been walking the seas for centuries because that is what it was told to do, not because it has somewhere to be.

If the people living on Zunisha believe him to have some destination, there's an implication that they haven't seen things continuously repeated, so if he"s going in circles (or some other loop), the circles are big enough that their circumference would take an inhabitant's lifespan to complete, if not take as long as the people have records going back to.

> there's an implication that they haven't seen things continuously repeated

Because every patch of water in the sea looks unique?

Still, it was never stated that Zunisha had across the entire World in the past or that he had ever has ventured outside the New World intro the Blue Seas.

This leave us the most likely option that Zunisha was walking across the New World without turn around and walk in reverse, maybe not in a straight line but without change his direction.

Islands and other such things, as well as the permanent weather conditions that supposedly appear in various parts of the new world.

I think it's unreasonable to just assume that though.

It wasn't mentioned he was in the Blue Seas, sure, but equally it was never mentioned he was solely in the Grand Line, right?

And you don't know the starting point of when he started walking too, so you don't know he hasn't come all the way from one side of the New World already and and is on his way back (or if he has done this multiple times already).

It's fine man

Darkanine said he'd eventually calc this so I'm interested in what it turns out to

And yeah I never really supported the One Piece Earth having above average gravity in any case

RotofBots said:
OP Earth Size
Even though it's huge, I still agree with it.
Nevermind, I retract my support. This just seems absurd, even by fictional standards. Even if the density was low enough for its surface gravity to be 1G it should be colapsing in on itself into a star or something.

Back