• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Three Crows AP Upgrade, Lightning Genji profile addition.

Can you repost it, this thread is quite long.
Lightning Genji:
I made Lightning Genji's profile on my sandbox, please check it out and let me know if anything needs to be fixed,

Scaling Chains:
Demon levels that are from the MA would upscale from Maiko Plasma and Electric Catfish Man (who defeated Genji) to High 7-C
Anyway, is everyone fine with Lighting Genji profile addition? Scaling wise all featless Demon level threats from the Monster Association would scale to High 7-C as they should be stronger than Electric Catfish Man who is Tiger Level and defeated Genji
Pretty much that. I should also mention that Electric Catfish Man and Maiko Plasma alongisde other monsters managed to make PPP bleed.

I'm fine with the Electro Catfish Man and Maiko Plasma justification, but not for the Grizzly Nyah one. It didn't even seem to damage Genos.
What really matters about the Grizzly Nyah is its durability, it seemingly survived its first clash with Genos and had enough vitality to send him flying through a wall

We currently list that feat as a massive outlier.
It isn't an outlier.

Suiryu should downscale to Bakuzan. If it was only the beat down I'd agree with it being iffy. Even though a 7-C character CANNOT survive a beating from a Low 7-B or 7-B character. Even 1% of his power would kill him. Either Bakuzan should be downgraded to be above Suiryu (7-C+) or Suiryu should downscale to him.

Suiryu clearly injured him and nothing suggest that is an outlier. I don't even understand why him harming Bakuzan is seen as an outlier.

Can someone explain the actual issue to me? Since maybe I'm just not getting something.

Even though a 7-C character CANNOT survive a beating from a Low 7-B or 7-B character. Even 1% of his power would kill him.
Garou survived the beating from Bang and Bomb and yet he is still Low 7-B.

Endurance is a thing. Suiryu was heavily damaged from every single attack. In no universe does that warrant scaling.

Also, the outlier is Suiryu breaking Bakuzan's toe, but him surviving the beatdown.

I asked why it's an outlier in the first place, you didn't answer my question. Note: Endurance doesn't exist like that. There is a limit to how much damage you can endure. Unless you believe you can be 9-B and survive a 3-A attack via endurance? How absurd. This sounds like an attempt to avoid thinking about scaling for some reason.

Suiryu injuring Bakuzan and taking hits from him is proof of scaling. Why is this an outlier, explain the issue to me. Maybe I'm missing something here.

I admit to not knowing OPM all that well.

I take it the Three Crows scaling is a bit wacky so it might not be applied but everyone is okay with High 7-C Lighting Genji and Electric Catfish Man?

It leads to recursive scaling from Suiryu. Suiryu is High 7-C. Crow gave a wounded Suiryu trouble. Max and Snek one-shot a crow each... But Suiryu also one-shot Max and Snek and the crow despite being more wounded than he was when they first attacked him. You create an infinite loop. Snek is also a B-Class level guy. He's the weakest A-Rank by his own admission. Even compared to the other martial artists in the tournament he's not that great, he's never made it past the quarter-finals despite competing in every single Super Fight Tournament. But this would lead to him being High 7-C... And also Human Bakuzan would be High 7-C too... DESPITE Human Bakuzan ALSO stating that he could never defeat Suiryu.

You are literally putting several characters who can't compete with Suiryu, who Suiryu one-shots casually / while in a heavily wounded state, in the same tier as him. The most obvious conclusion is that Suiryu struggling with the crows for a bit is an inconsistent moment that is there to build dramatic tension.

As for Genji, Grizzly Nyah is also inconsistent. One of the children give trouble to Genos. The other is defeated by Genji and Stinger working together. Stinger cuts the arm of a Gryzzly Nyah. Stinger is wounded by fighting Tiger-level fodder Seafolk and has a lower physical power-level than Child Emperor.

Also Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man literally hurt Genji by destroying his roller skates and making him fall to the asphalt. He was harmed by the force of gravity in the same fight you're trying to use as evidence to scale Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man, two Tiger-level monsters who remain Tiger level even in their transformed states. Also I guess this would upgrade Baquuma too, because that random Demon-level monster easily sucked in both Maiko and Catfish as well as several other Tiger level monsters to empower himself. Feels weird man. This scaling chain doesn't seem very coherent in the overall context of the series when you stop looking at the panels being used as evidence in a vacuum.

It leads to recursive scaling from Suiryu. Suiryu is High 7-C. Crow gave a wounded Suiryu trouble. Max and Snek one-shot a crow each... But Suiryu also one-shot Max and Snek and the crow despite being more wounded than he was when they first attacked him. You create an infinite loop. Snek is also a B-Class level guy. He's the weakest A-Rank by his own admission. Even compared to the other martial artists in the tournament he's not that great, he's never made it past the quarter-finals despite competing in every single Super Fight Tournament. But this would lead to him being High 7-C... And also Human Bakuzan would be High 7-C too... DESPITE Human Bakuzan ALSO stating that he could never defeat Suiryu.

You are literally putting several characters who can't compete with Suiryu, who Suiryu one-shots casually / while in a heavily wounded state, in the same tier as him. The most obvious conclusion is that Suiryu struggling with the crows for a bit is an inconsistent moment that is there to build dramatic tension.
this is literally all solved by the fact that they're heavily downscaling, so they'd effectively be the tier right below in vs matches
none of this is valid when you just consider that.

As for Genji, Grizzly Nyah is also inconsistent. One of the children give trouble to Genos. The other is defeated by Genji and Stinger working together. Stinger cuts the arm of a Gryzzly Nyah. Stinger is wounded by fighting Tiger-level fodder Seafolk and has a lower physical power-level than Child Emperor.
1. Threat level scaling for seafolks is no longer valid
2. Stinger isn't even considered physically high 7-C anyways, it is explicitly weapon-only on his profile
but it wouldn't even be inconsistent anyways since uh, he did take a beatdown from garou, actually, and should possibly downscale from that, I might make a crt for that later

Suiryu is 7-C+ not High 7-C and the discussion was to downscale the crows and therefore Snek and Max to Low 7-C. Also Snek is consistently on the top 4 of the tournament, which means he reaches the semi finals of the tournament before getting defeated.

Also Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man literally hurt Genji by destroying his roller skates and making him fall to the asphalt. He was harmed by the force of gravity in the same fight you're trying to use as evidence to scale Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man, two Tiger-level monsters who remain Tiger level even in their transformed states. Also I guess this would upgrade Baquuma too, because that random Demon-level monster easily sucked in both Maiko and Catfish as well as several other Tiger level monsters to empower himself. Feels weird man. This scaling chain doesn't seem very coherent in the overall context of the series when you stop looking at the panels being used as evidence in a vacuum.
If you read Stinger profile it has been noted that he scales to High 7-C thanks to piercing damage with his spear. And you are thinking about the anime version of the defeat of Lighting Genji, in the manga he is defeated by Electric Catfish Man tunneling from below and body slamming him into a wall.

Not to mention that ECF and Maiko Plasma alongside the other tiger level monsters managed to make Puri Puri Prisoner bleed.

Also Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man literally hurt Genji by destroying his roller skates and making him fall to the asphalt. He was harmed by the force of gravity in the same fight you're trying to use as evidence to scale Maiko Plasma and Catfish Man, two Tiger-level monsters who remain Tiger level even in their transformed states.
dZCagW3.jpeg

you're literally just a liar

The scaling for Lightning Genji is fine for me. But I won't get into it.

I've already explained my own support for an At most 7-C rating for the Three Crows and whoever downscales from Suiryu. Downscaling to Low 7-C makes zero sense, that's not how downscaling works or is used on this site. If they will be Low 7-C via downscaling, it has to be Low 7-C+. Small Town level+

Suiryu is 7-C+, we don't downscale multiple ratings without a multiplier or something like that. I'm fine with either baseline At most 7-C rating or a Low 7-C+ rating. I believe Suiryu wasn't heavily weaker in universe, as he was shown to take multiple hits from someone stronger than Choze and even hurt him by breaking his toe.

Suiryu, while weaker yes, but not enough to not be considered 7-C. He didn't drop all the way down to 9-A or something. Since he could take hits from and even break the toe of a Dragon level threat. We don't accept Suiryu hurting him and call it an outlier, but you cannot deny he still harmed him.

Which is meant to show his power hadn't dropped by any massive amount. If his durability and power was 9-A, that would mean he became over 1000000X weaker than his normal level. In that case he cannot harm Bakuzan period and Bakuzan could effortlessly shatter Suiryu's body into pieces with his pinky finger.

It would take a large amount of skill and control for Bakuzan not to instantly kill Suiryu. It'd be like trying to punch an ant while making sure to not kill it. Bakuzan was likely just "holding back" to Suiryu's level, the level of strength he saw Suiryu unleash earlier.

This is all I'll say on this matter, as I'm not knowledgeable on One Punch Man. I won't argue against anyone if they still disagree with me. The issue with the scaling comes from the fact that Suiryu also one shotted the Crows while he was injured, which makes little sense since that means they shouldn't be able to hurt him.

Since his own durability should scale to his physical strength, which is strong enough to one shot the crows. So I understand why people disagree, even if I don't.

At most 7-C sounds fine I guess, I don't want to keep annoying everyone here with notifications but I just need an staff to give their input on this topic so we can close this thread.

Back