• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man Suiryu Uprade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suiryu is currently rated at Building level+, which is insane when looking at some of his feats. I propose that he should be upgraded to at least city level+, likely higher. Here are my reasons

-He one shotted Lightning Max who took multiple hits from Sea King before getting taken down. Plus Max got stronger since his fight with Sea King.

-He took a casual attack from Saitama with almost no damage. To compare the sea king took a similar casual type attack and was instantly killed. So Suiryu should have durability far above city level.

His speed should also be upgraded to possibly Massively Hypersonic+ for being superior to the top tier A Class.

Saitama didn't even intend to hit him and he doesn't kill humans so it hardly counts.

Also on the next chapter Suiryu is going to fight a monster (IIRC it's a demon level one) so he is probably going to get upgraded later.

He still took out Max with one hit, and he wasn't even close to his full power when he did it. That's a city level feat.

Anyone Saitama wants to survive an attack of his is going to. There's no reason to assume he was putting more or as much effort into that punch than he does with other monsters, unless it's explicitly stated he was.

Especially since Saitama has a no killing humans policy, and this was a simple martial arts tournament not Saitama having to incapaciate a threat towards others.

Sea King was obviously toying around with Lightning Max and not actually engaging in a fight with him like he was against Genos, Sonic or Puri Puri.

Suiryu did not take on any "top tier A-Class." He took on literally the lowest ranked A-Class and Rank 20 Lighting. Only the top 10 have ever been stated to be comparable to S-Classes.

But like Gwynbleiddd said, Suiryu is likely going to be fighting either Gouketsu, or one of The Three Crows. So an upgrade is probably going to happen. We're just waiting until it does. It's only going to be like 3 days.

While hype doesn't mean much, adding onto OP's points:

• When Suiryu goes on his rant about "the strongest", the only people implied to be comparable to him are Saitama, Garou, and Tatsumaki
  • Suiryu considers heroes as a whole to be useless when people as strong as him exist
  • Saitama literally tells him to not get much stronger or else he'll be perpetually bored like he is

Those people were never implied to be comparable to Suiryu.

He just said "the strong will survive" then they showed multiple pictures of really strong people.

That doesn't mean that all those strong people are comparable to each other. Or else Human Garou is comparable to Tatsumaki and Tatsumaki is comparable to Saitama, which is obviously far from the case.

What Suiryu thinks doesn't matter if his arrogance isn't substantiated by any direct feats/statements. And this would be far, far from the first time someone who thought way too high of themselves or too low of others was proven wrong in One Punch Man.

Saitama could mean Suiryu getting bored with people around him or no longer be having fun during competitions. It doesn't immediately have to mean Suiryu is eventually going to break his limiter or would be able to one shot the majority of characters in the series like Saitama can at the moment. Though this line is definitely far greater indication of Suiryu being massively powerful than anything else.

But I'm not sure if that is decisive enough to warrant an upgrade for yet. Especially since according to Murata new updates are coming out tomorrow. Which likely means we'll be seeing an interaction with Suiryu and Gouketsu. There's no rush to make hasty changes right now and we should wait until then so we can get more certain showings of his power.

why is this thread still open? close it. its absolutely worthless right now..... we just need to wait for the new chapter and we'll see.not trying to sound rude though.

@Jonathan I was thinking the exact same thing. If someone still has points or arguments for this, they can message me about it.

But I think it's completely pointless to try to upgrade Suiryu literally one day before the new chapter which will in most likelyhood will reveal far more about his true power.

I'll be closing this for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back