• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man speed revisions

I'll pick apart the rest of the sandbox when I have time but this stood out to me:

Suiryu​

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Should be superior to early Genos. Comparable to Human Garou)

The first justification seems baseless. The second justifications seems based on webcomic material which should be separated from the manga profile.

It comes from the 4th OVA of the second season, and Suiryu also fought Job Hunter Garou in the webcomic.
Basically, either from the Anime we don't count, or the webcomic which is separate.

Also I'm pretty sure garou was holding back in the webcomic as well, so either, the 2 should not scale.

Just because he worked on them doesn't really mean they should be used. I'm pretty sure we only have a manga only rule for scaling

i think it's from some magazine that comes with the blu-ray for season 2, it's in the same magazine that Gouketsu statement about the MA having monsters as strong as him

The point is that we generally don't use anime stuff, I don't see why we should make an exception for this case?

Of course, i'm only saying that with basis of something i remembered from a long time ago, if someone could post the scans from the magazine i would be thankful

It does add several scenes and characters that the manga doesn't have. It's just sort of an unwritten rule that we only use manga stuff for scaling

Then the only people that should get an MHS+ upgrade would be Sonic-level people.

Yes, but until then, we only escalated who is, stays with him, or is above, or climbs from Genos and the like. But we need to change some classifications, justifications and the like.

Unless the cameras were built for high level slow motion capture, the best you're looking at is something in the 30 to 120 FPS range.
Given that technology is rather advanced in OPM, at least 120FPS is probably acceptable for a slow-motion camera.

Let's solve the scale thing then.
In that case, Suiryu, Choze and more who don't climb?

Pig God's justification is pretty bad too.

Also, wouldn't characters like Orochi get sub-rel from being above Garou? I'm pretty sure the dude speedblitzed him before he reacted.

No, characters like darkshine, bang, rover and those who scale to or above them, like melzalgald or Boris should also get it

The Garou deed thing will adapt only to your reaction.

DSK will be like: MHS, possibly MHS + | MHS +

I don’t think the Darkshine one is him not being able to react, it’s Garou having literally no way to deflect him.

The Rover thing I don't know, but about Orochi, Tatsumaki and Atomic it can be one thing.

Atomic actually, they mentioned here that he drew the FTE sword for Sonic, so it would be consistent, by the way, could someone send me the link to that?

It was an audiobook, yes. That audiobook also had Sonic and AS clashing so 7-B Sonic? owo

So basically here, Atomic Samurai was so fast that sonic didn't even see him move, and so sonic left because atomic and tats told him to leave. They didn't really clash

Back