• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch-Man speed revisions

The lightning-fast kicking fighter with an eagle-eye and careful aim!
  • This top-class fighter is both strong and sharp, using his flexible, well-trained body and his meticulous intel collecting to his advantage! He quickly analyzes fights, then takes down his enemies in an instant with kicks so fast that they could be mistaken for a flash of lightnin! He faces even formidable oponnents head-on, sometimes getting more psyched up than he plans for and bravely fighting onward.

The lightning fighter who determines his target after careful watch
  • He can quickly understand the situation of the battle, and with a speed that causes him to be mistaken for lightning, he kills the enemy instantly.
With the help of scientific knowledge, it enhances the power of being a kicker!
  • Inazumax has exceptional skill when it comes to footwork and speed. His fighting style uses sneakers specially made to fight creatures! A lightning-fast attack, which can barely be seen with the naked eye, resulted in a violent blow like strong thunder.
A super-fast blow of maximum power !!
  • This kick is really a lightning storm !! When you enter battle mode, the speed of your attack surprises enemies, preventing them from defending yourself from a splendid blow! The explosion and power of the kick the moment it touches the opponent causes two shock waves, so when the enemy can see him, he is already looking at the sky !!
Lightning Kick
  • When you jump from a high point and kick the enemy, the powder explodes instantly. It is a secret technique whose speed lives up to the name of lightning.

On Databook, we have a lot of consistent quotes from Lightning Max moving like lightning with his special sneakers. Therefore, he must scale to Massively Hypersonic+ with Sneakers Special.

Garou also has a new calculation feat in Sub-Relativistic (1.2% lightspeed). So I will leave as the scale would be with these two things.

Here is the sandbox to check the scale: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:USklaverei/sandboxspeedOPM

Last edited:
A lightning-fast attack, which can barely be seen with the naked eye, resulted in a violent blow like strong thunder.

This could be a statement for lightning speed, but at the same time it also just looks like an FTE speed statement.

I'm very wary about just giving him a blanket lightning speed rating when he doesn't have any supporting feats in the manga itself, and those statements could easily be hyperbolic.

Just to throw in here, but if Max's lightning stuff is declared hyperbole, there's still upscaling from DSK's feat to MHS+ for those who scale above him

This could be a statement for lightning speed, but at the same time it also just looks like an FTE speed statement.

I'm very wary about just giving him a blanket lightning speed rating when he doesn't have any supporting feats in the manga itself, and those statements could easily be hyperbolic.
The reason we are considering it is for consistency, because for example, Flashy has a quote from SOL in the databook, but we don’t use it because it considers a hyperbole, if the case here was the same, we wouldn’t use it, but the fact is that we have at minus 3 citations. And he only has that speed with special sneakers, we even specified that in the sandbox.

We don't have to address this right now because of Lightning Max's stuff, but Suiryu's casual kick was too fast for even a camera's slow-mo to capture.

On that note, "a speed that causes him to be mistaken for lightning" and "lightning-fast attack, which can barely be seen with the naked eye" seem to be the most solid statements, with "a secret technique whose speed lives up to the name of lightning" leaning way more on the side of flowery language. The "lightning storm" one is definitely flowery language though.

I believe that if had only one of these quotes, nobody would even consider it, but as we have several, it is good.

The databook alone contains a lot of hyperbole due to the perspective from which it's written, and I don't see how him being blitzed by Seaking lets him scale at all. If there was even one mention of this outside of the databook I'd believe it, but multiple quotes from the same source don't really support each other anymore than they support themselves.

The databook alone contains a lot of hyperbole due to the perspective from which it's written, and I don't see how him being blitzed by Seaking lets him scale at all. If there was even one mention of this outside of the databook I'd believe it, but multiple quotes from the same source don't really support each other anymore than they support themselves.
I agree. Pretty funny how this is never once alluded to in the manga itself.

But this is not something against, the databook serves precisely to describe skills and show things that are not passed in the manga.
It's like I mentioned, these quotes alone would clearly be considered hyperboles, but what we're using is their consistency, so I think it should be used.

Without any supporting feats, I wouldn't support anything higher than a "Possibly" rating.

But why do we need an achievement if we have consistent citations?
It's like the thing to mention '' he moves in lightspeed '' and not use it because he doesn't have a feat like that.

I agree with the Ratings & I dont See this Statement being hyperbole
Anyway we still have Deep Sea King to scale them & looks like Garou feat is legit but I will leave that to Calc group

But this is not something against, the databook serves precisely to describe skills and show things that are not passed in the manga.
It's like I mentioned, these quotes alone would clearly be considered hyperboles, but what we're using is their consistency, so I think it should be used.
These quotes are all from the same place, you've just split them up. That's not how corroboration works.

These quotes are all from the same place, you've just split them up. That's not how corroboration works.
From the same place you speak, from the same databook? If so, it is, but what does that change? Each quote from this is from a different section

Personally, I think MHS+ is too high for Lightning Max. Sub-rel I'm neutral on, if I calc-group member accepted it I will let it go forward. I pretty much agree with Damage here, since the source for most of the statements in that databook tend towards hyperbole. Not saying they can't be true, just that they're no solid grounds for an upgrade.
Without any supporting feats, I wouldn't support anything higher than a "Possibly" rating.
I do however think it's fine to upscale certain characters to MHS+ from DSK. In fact, I think Speed of Sound Sonic and everyone who scales to/above him should be MHS+, since dry DSK (mach 774) < wet DSK <= Sonic, Genos, many other characters. Basically characters with dragon level speed that sit two speed tiers above dry DSK should just be MHS+.

Also, I think Tatsumaki could be sub-rel, given how she reacted to Psykorochi's beams (dodging them en masse and stopping one with relative ease) and those beams are only 1.2X below baseline sub-rel.

The main issues with the Garou calc is:

1) The projectile he's reacting to is something that is being pushed by a water jet. Not the water jet itself. I'm pretty sure a spear being pushed by a water jet wouldn't be as fast as a water jet itself.

2) How do you get Garou's speed from this? Are you assuming that Garou was moving 5 m/s relative to the assumed 0.001 m/s of the spear? On what basis? He doesn't need to be tens of thousands of times faster than the spear in order to deflect it.

Yes, we can then by what Damage suggested, a '' possibly ''.

DSK = Massively Hypersonic, possibly MHS + | MHS +

The main issues with the Garou calc is:

1) The projectile he's reacting to is something that is being pushed by a water jet. Not the water jet itself. I'm pretty sure a spear being pushed by a water jet wouldn't be as fast as a water jet itself.

2) How do you get Garou's speed from this? Are you assuming that Garou was moving 5 m/s relative to the assumed 0.001 m/s of the spear? On what basis? He doesn't need to be tens of thousands of times faster than the spear in order to deflect it.
The question is about Garou saying that in his eyes, it was like he was frozen.

I would agree that Lightning Max should have a ‘possibly’ at best, but the likes of Sonic and those who scale to him should definitely be straight MHS+.

I think there's a slight misinterpretation there. Suiryu was too fast for them to keep up with their eyes, so they had to resort to checking the slow-mo camera in order to see what happened.

I think there's a slight misinterpretation there. Suiryu was too fast for them to keep up with their eyes, so they had to resort to checking the slow-mo camera in order to see what happened.
he's still a blur though, but i don't know if this is impressive or not

Just wondering, and I placed this in the other thread, but would we get a good speed feat from orochi's High 6-C blast?

I wouldn't say he's a blur, more that he's blurry, if you know what I mean. You can still see the shape of his body and that it was a kick.

Back