• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
because garou specifically has knowledge of how the universe works and copies accordingly? if he can't understand something and can't replicate, it eludes that said something isn't following how the universe works.

Its another matter if garou understood but couldn't copy then resistence to power mimicry might had credence. but garou is specifically portrayed as "looking like he's seeing the most unexplainable stuff possible, attempts to use portals again and continues flabbergasted and uncomprehending when saitama just grabs it "He can grab hyperspace gates...?", and not once does he show an ounce of understanding.". He both can't understand and can't copy.
You got that from him saying "Eh?" in one panel and now think he's so mind blown he can't copy it and now Saitama has Reality Warping for it? Both ONE and Murata went into great lengths explaining what Garou can do and something like this with Saitama would have been in more detail than just this one seemingly gag moment here.

And again, how is that equal Saitama having Reality Warping? There is no correlation other than you saying "It has to be because Garou can't understand it". Nothing said from Garou himself, or Genos after viewing the fight, nothing.

Once again, not enough evidence for this kind of addition for me.

Last edited:
I am literally reiterating what happened in the scene though? Like what part of the interpretation have you dub "extreme"

The most liked post has literally the entire thing omitting details of the argument like bruh
The scene goes Garou tries to portal Saitama away, Saitama hits and grabs portal, Garou is confused, gets hit. Nothing about that makes it what you said unless you really stretch it.

It would make more sense to say Saitama has Garou's abilities due to his own Power Mimicry than this to be honest.

You got that from him saying "Eh?" in one panel and now think he's so mind blown he can't copy it? Both ONE and Murata went into great lengths explaining what Garou can do and something like this would have been in more detail than just this.
Context matters. He SHOULDNT go "Eh?" and continue the next panels being confused when saitama grabs the portal because according to you, he should immediately know how saitama did it and be able to copy it. There should be no confusion, nada. take his reaction to blasts attacks or literally saitama's exponential growth and how garou reacts with what saitama did with the portals.

also bro please show the panel where garou was able to copy it.
The scene goes Garou tries to portal Saitama away, Saitama hits and grabs portal, Garou is confused, gets hit. Nothing about that makes it what you said unless you really stretch it.
in the context, the words I used to describe what garou was feeling makes sense. You can't frame what happened as something that simply warrants a normal reaction when this is an extreme circumstance.

And again, how is that equal Saitama having Reality Warping? There is no correlation other than you saying "It has to be because Garou can't understand it". Nothing said from Garou himself, or Genos after viewing the fight, nothing.

Once again, not enough evidence for this kind of addition for me.
Because Garou is the standard for what is possible in the OPM universe. What is possible is based on the flows and behaviors of the universe. For him to not understand something, said something would have to not follow how the universe works, because if it follows the universe, he would know about it; it wouldn't be impossible. What else does it mean when saitama does something that garou doesn't understand and cant copy?

Last edited:
Context matters. He SHOULDNT go "Eh?" and continue the next panels being confused when saitama grabs the portal because according to you, he should immediately know how saitama did it and be able to copy it. There should be no confusion, nada. take his reaction to blasts attacks or literally saitama's exponential growth and how garou reacts with what saitama did with the portals.

also bro please show the panel where garou was able to copy it.

in the context, the words I used to describe what garou was feeling makes sense.

Because Garou is the standard for what is possible in the OPM universe. What is possible is based on the flows and behaviors of the universe and so knows how everything in it works. For him to not understand something, said something would have to not follow how the universe works, because if it follows the universe, he would know about it. What else does it mean when saitama does something that garou doesn't understand and cant copy?
I never said that, I said if Garou being confused by Saitama was that big of a deal it would have warranted more clarification, but Garou did not think more about it, Genos, who is known for overanalyzing things involving Saitama, also did not comment on this. There is nothing significant in this at all.

He is only feeling confusion in Saitama doing what he thought he couldn't do. You are simply reaching for something that is not there.

For argument's sake, let's say you're right in that Saitama's abilities are not following the rules of the universe (not as impossible since he himself is unnatural in his own universe), I will ask again, WHY is this considered Reality Warping of all things?

He simply could have abilities that do not follow the norm and his NPI is something so alien that Garou cannot copy it.

Even going with that logic you're using, Reality Warping should NOT be the first option we have. Occam's Razor exists for a reason.

Once again, hard disagree.

I never said that, I said if Garou being confused by Saitama was that big of a deal it would have warranted more clarification, but Garou did not think more about it,
AGAIN, By garou's standards, that "EH" and continued confusion with the "he can grab hyperspace gates?" is literally already thinking way too much. given garou's character at the time; IT SHOULDN'T EVEN HAPPEN. Not to mention saitama taunting and mocking garou in the middle of him actually thinking about it. Thats one way to get garou's attention back into the fight and focus on how to show saitama wrong.
Genos, who is known for overanalyzing things involving Saitama, also did not comment on this. There is nothing significant in this at all.
didn't genos hold a meeting to discuss what saitama did and the majority of it was offscreen?

Also why so strict with clarifications? We dont see a single showing of garou copying saitama's feat. Not even an offhand mention. it doesn't exist. Compared to my explanations, youre arguing for nothing.
He is only feeling confusion in Saitama doing what he thought he couldn't do. You are simply reaching for something that is not there.
Ah like not expressing an ounce of confusion as to blasts abilities when its the first time they met, showing instead a sense of complete understanding?
For argument's sake, let's say you're right in that Saitama's abilities are not following the rules of the universe (not as impossible since he himself is unnatural in his own universe), I will ask again, WHY is this considered Reality Warping of all things?

He simply could have abilities that do not follow the norm and his NPI is something so alien that Garou cannot copy it.
the norm... as in what is possible in-universe? anything less that requires the forces and behavior of anything that exists in-universe; garou would be able to understand it. if so...

are you porposing the existence of hypothetical Alt powers that... dont follow how the universe works? just sounds like "saitama is not following how the universe works" but with extra steps.

NPI too alien? again, if it "requires the forces and behavior of anything that exists in-universe", then based on what the narrator established, its falls within garou's expertise.

Even going with that logic you're using, Reality Warping should NOT be the first option we have. Occam's Razor exists for a reason.
I dont like referring to Occams Razor just because its convinient and ignore all the details.

Last edited:
AGAIN, By garou's standards, that "EH" and continued confusion with the "he can grab hyperspace gates?" is literally already thinking way too much. given garou's character at the time; IT SHOULDN'T EVEN HAPPEN. Not to mention saitama taunting and mocking garou in the middle of him actually thinking about it. Thats one way to get garou's attention back into the fight and focus on how to show saitama wrong.

didn't genos hold a meeting to discuss what saitama did and the majority of it was offscreen?

Also why so strict with clarifications? We dont see a single showing of garou copying saitama's feat. Not even an offhand mention. it doesn't exist. Compared to my explanations, youre arguing for nothing.

Ah like not expressing an ounce of confusion as to blasts abilities when its the first time they met, showing instead a sense of complete understanding?

the norm... as in what is possible in-universe? anything less that requires the forces and behavior of anything that exists in-universe; garou would be able to understand it. if so...

are you porposing the existence of hypothetical Alt powers that... dont follow how the universe works? just sounds like "saitama is not following how the universe works" but with extra steps.

NPI too alien? again, if it "requires the forces and behavior of anything that exists in-universe", then based on what the narrator established, its falls within garou's expertise.

I dont want to refer to Occams Razor just because its convinient and ignore all the details.
Again, you are just interpreting something to be overly exaggerated and jumping conclusions here. Him being surprised he can do it does not mean it's impossible.

And yet there was no mention of him making a big deal about this "proof of Reality Warping" you mention here. Because it wasn't.

I'm arguing that him not copying Saitama is not proof of him using Reality Warping, it's just his powers are either too unique or Garou had no reason to do so since he thought he can fight with his portals efficiently enough.

And yet he could not catch up with the gap Saitama kept creating as the fight went on, he could not understand why he was losing. He is not infallible or omniscient. There are things he might not know about Saitama that he could do about. Saitama has been shown to be something completely left field for anyone in OPM. He likely does not fall under whatever power God created.

I want to use it because it stops people jumping the shark and making crazy claims with no significant evidence. Everyone else agrees too.

Chances of this being accepted is very low. And it will be removed in another thread if it somehow does anyway.

Still disagree hard.

Last edited:
Again, you are just interpreting something to be overly exaggerated and jumping conclusions here. Him being surprised he can do it does not mean it's impossible.
so just claims that its overly exaggerated and jumping conclusions without a reason why, got it.

and nothing about how he didn't react the same with blast. 😐
And yet there was no mention of him making a big deal about this "proof of Reality Warping" you mention here. Because it wasn't.
again with how big a deal him reacting is in the first place.

and what i said about being taunted and mocked so he focused on the fight is ignored i see :(
I'm arguing that him not copying Saitama is using Reality Warping, it's just his powers are either too unique or Garou had no reason to do so since he thought he can
fight with his portals efficiently enough.
either it uses the flow and behavior that exists in the universe or not, take your pick. if its unique enough and doesn't, its impossible in-universe and its literally just reality warping. if its not unique enough, garou can copy it. its up to you,

and i mean he saw what saitama was capable of with manipulating the portals. are you seriously telling me garou doesnt have ideas for battle application nor thinks it wouldnt give him any advantage at all?
And yet he could not catch up with the gap Saitama kept creating as the fight went on, he could not understand why he was losing. He is not infallible or omniscient. There are things he might not know about Saitama that he could do about. Saitama has been shown to be something completely left field for anyone in OPM. He likely does not fall under whatever power God created.
He realizes what is happening pretty quickly after the exponential growth kicks in and it isn't a matter of knowledge because garou very clearly understands where the energy is coming from and how it works and is able to copy it. the power is literally coming from nowhere and is just manifesting into existence which is what garou copies. How does garou know something that doesn't exist yet? Thats why he can't catch up.
I want to use it because it stops people jumping the shark and making crazy claims with no significant evidence. Everyone else agrees too.
everyone is literally either ignoring the evidence or omitting details of the argument.

Premise: "Garou knows exactly how reality functions"

Rebuttal: Knowing the flow of the energy, and the behavior of the forces =/= knowing every aspect of possibility in the realm of reality.

Thus your entire post is based off a false premise.
This basically, knowledge of the flow of energy and the behavior of forces is only but a small aspect of the rules that govern over reality, knowledge that I even believe humanity would be able to gain eventually.

And I'm confused by the proposal itself, we would never give Reality Warping for something as insignificant as moving a portal, reality wasn't manipulated in any meaningful way, or in any way really.

This basically, knowledge of the flow of energy and the behavior of forces is only but a small aspect of the rules that govern over reality, knowledge that I even believe humanity would be able to gain eventually.

And I'm confused by the proposal itself, we would never give Reality Warping for something as insignificant as moving a portal, reality wasn't manipulated in any meaningful way, or in any way really.
-knowing (ALL) the flow of the energy, and (ALL) the behavior of the forces (of the universe).

like yeah if there is some higher dimensional cosmology conceptuality that is out of reach, totally. Assumptions. baseless, as of yet. But within the universe of OPM itself? its established, validated, and by the narrator no less; Garou knows everything.
^^^
Someone commented;
ALL flows, and ALL behaviors of the forces are not what composes reality and probability, that's not the same thing.
Space-time Continuum isn't a force nor energy, probability isn't a force nor energy, and these are just examples.
I replied; but like, everything is still supposed to be made of flows and behaviors if it exists in the same universe... Like no matter the difference, if it exists in the universe, garou SHOULD know about it.

so just claims that its overly exaggerated and jumping conclusions without a reason why, got it.

again with how big a deal him reacting is in the first place.

and what i said about being taunted and mocked so he focused on the fight is ignored i see :(

either it uses the flow and behavior that exists in the universe or not, take your pick. if it doesn't, its impossible in-universe and its literally just reality warping. its up to you,

and i mean he saw what saitama was capable of with manipulating the portals. are you seriously telling me garou doesnt have ideas for battle application nor thinks it wouldnt give him any advantage at all?

He realizes what is happening pretty quickly after the exponential growth kicks in and it isn't a matter of knowledge because garou very clearly understands where the energy is coming from and how it works and is able to copy it. the power is literally coming from nowhere and is just manifesting into existence which is what garou copies. How does garou know something that doesn't exist yet? Thats why he can't catch up.

everyone is literally either ignoring the evidence or omitting details of the argument.
No evidence backing it up, no statements from anyone significant in universe or by the narrator or writers, and this interpretation is only yours that no one else seems to come to a conclusion. Yes, absolutely no basis.

Him saying "Eh?" and getting decked, not to mention the way the scene was framed was more for comedy than anything serious. You have to really strain to get to the conclusion you made.

Because it really didn't matter, him focusing on the fight would mean he would try to figure out a way to beat him. If it was a big deal like you said, he would have mulled over the idea while fighting in order to know how to win. He did not.

WHY is it reality warping? Why not NPI that can't be copied? Or Garou had no reason to copy him?

He was cocky and thought he could beat him with brute force, he wanted to copy his power, not abilities since the beginning.

No he did not know why he was losing, he just knew he was being outmatched overtime with no explanation for him. He does not about Saitama's AD.

We have read your arguments, we showed why we disagreed with them and you ignore them and repeat everything you said already.

I vote the thread should be closed, no one agrees and three staff rejected this already.

We have read your arguments, we showed why we disagreed with them and you ignore them and repeat everything you said already.
Bruh. All everyone did was provide a counterargument, i give one back, and no one replies a counter for that. Youre the literally the longest one who clapped back. The fact that you perceived the entire thing as me just... ignoring everyone? Sheesh was i talking with the wrong person.

Bruh. All everyone did was provide a counterargument, i give one back, and no one replies a counter for that. Youre the literally the longest one who clapped back. The fact that you perceived the entire thing as me just... ignoring everyone? Sheesh was i talking with the wrong person.
I have read everyone's reasons for disagreeing and yours was the same one you repeated since the start of the OP.

Again, the amount of assumptions you need to make and prove this is correct versus what everyone else says has the latter be more plausible without needing extraordinary evidence to prove (which you never provided).

I have read everyone's reasons for disagreeing and yours was the same one you repeated since the start of the OP.
Nice going with not including the fun lil tidbit where everyone was either repeating the same points, omitting details from the argument, or just straight up not reading my post so I'm forced to repeat the same stuff again and again.

Lets just stop the convo between us man kinda brings down my vibe

Nice going with not including the fun lil tidbit where everyone was either repeating the same points, omitting details from the argument, or just straight up not reading my post so I'm forced to repeat the same stuff again and again.

Lets just stop the convo between us man kinda brings down my vibe
Points you never actually counter, yes.

Simplifying the scenario that happened without giving outlandish details and exaggerations without actual evidence, also yes.

No one agrees with what you're saying so it means we didn't read anything? Bold of you to assume that.

Agreed, this is going nowhere so I'll let the rest decide on this.

Points you never actually counter, yes.

Simplifying the scenario that happened without giving outlandish details and exaggerations without actual evidence, also yes.

No one agrees with what you're saying so it means we didn't read anything? Bold of you to assume that.

Agreed, this is going nowhere so I'll let the rest decide on this.
It was rejected, now just wait for the closure, lol

He understands how all forces behave and how all energy flows, and what Saitama did has nothing to do with any kind of forces or any kind of energy.
just checkin, are you saying that its just an energy-less, force-less, kind of NPI? Huh. I genuinely didn't think about that. I thought that everything requires the aforementioned, unless its run by something conceptual or other kind of power that supersedes energy and force, and assumed that the latter two doesn't exist in the opm just because lmao.

or is it valid to entertain the idea that saitama is apparently capable of doing things without the use of universal forces and energy, and its following implications?

Last edited:
Back