• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One-Punch Man: Rover upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Rover should be upgraded to at least mountain since nobody was able to harm him. Only able to get past him by saying, "Sit".

No. He's baseline 7-A only scaling from 7-B people. 7-A is already kind of a stretch, so At least 7-A won't be accepted.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
No. He's baseline 7-A only scaling from 7-B people. 7-A is already kind of a stretch, so At least 7-A won't be accepted.
Bang is mountain level, and couldn't even hurt him. Neither did Garou.

I agree with Saikou. Mountain level for these characters is generous enough.

EDIT: I thought it was to make him Large Mountain at first. I'm fine with "At least" but I think just Mountain is sufficient.

Also yes Garou did (albiet not very much) harm Rover.

Ryukama said:
I agree with Saikou. Mountain level for these characters is generous enough.
EDIT: I thought it was to make him Large Mountain at first. I'm fine with "At least" but I think just Mountain is sufficient.
At least should suffice, i used to think Garou oneshotted Rover, but he just told him to sit like everyone else did.

Garou punched Rover, we see an impact form on Rover's head from the punch, the punch sends Rover flying, we don't see Rover get back up for a while, Psykos explicitly states Garou defeated Rover and criticized Garou for relying too much on his strength to win previous fights.

The indication is very obviously that Garou physically harmed Rover. Even if one wants to argue he didn't harm him that much.

Ryukama said:
Garou punched Rover, we see an impact form on Rover's head from the punch, we don't see Rover get back up for a while, Psykos explicitly states Garou defeated Rover and criticized Garou for relying too much on his strength to win previous fights.
The indication is very obviously that Garou physically harmed Rover. Even if one wants to argue he didn't harm him that much.
That's what i thought, but he told him to sit. Which explains why he didnt get back up. And later when he encounters bang, and his group, and saitama. There is no damage there.

http://*********.com/Manga/Onepunch-Man-ONE/Onepunch-Man--ONE----059?id=321573#5

Yeah because Garou didn't severely injure him. But that doesn't mean he didn't harm him or briefly defeat him.

Garou hits Rover in the face, you see an impact on Rover's head form, Rover is sent flying and never gets up, Psykos says Garou defeated Rover within the same context of saying Garou relies on his strength too much for fights.

^ This all suggests at minimum, that Garou dealt some damage towards him. Not that he accidentally exploited a weakness of Rover's and that his hit and his strength did nothing to him.

"Rover, remembering being forced into submission by Garou and Saitama after they gave the same command, obediently sat and stopped the fighting."

This is what the OPM Wiki cites. Not that Rover merely stops whenever told to sit but sat that one time due to being traumatized by his bouts with Garou and Saitama. Which is honestly just as substantiated and evidenced of an assumption as yours. Far most suggests Garou simply harmed him.

But that's not very relevant. And I'm still with Saikou for the most part.

Ryukama said:
Yeah because Garou didn't severely injure him. But that doesn't mean he didn't harm him or briefly defeat him.
Garou hits Rover in the face, you see an impact on Rover's head form, Rover is sent flying and never gets up, Psykos says Garou defeated Rover within the same context of saying Garou relies on his strength too much for fights.

^ This all suggests at minimum, that Garou dealt some damage towards him. Not that he accidentally exploited a weakness of Rover's and that his hit and his strength did nothing to him.

"Rover, remembering being forced into submission by Garou and Saitama after they gave the same command, obediently sat and stopped the fighting."

This is what the OPM Wiki cites. Not that Rover merely stops whenever told to sit but sat that one time due to being traumatized by his bouts with Garou and Saitama. Which is honestly just as substantiated and evidenced of an assumption as yours. Far most suggests Garou simply harmed him.

But that's not very relevant. And I'm still with Saikou for the most part.
Psykos says defeated because he got passed him. But the joke was that they kept getting past him by saying sit. It's revealed how it happened when Rover encounters Bang's group.

Pushing Rover back didnt incapacitate him. he just sat. There's more evidence supporting that.

No there isn't. Here's an example not using the names of other characters.

• Bob tanks all of Jim's attacks
  • Bob punches Jim in the face
  • You see a crater impact on Jim's face form
  • Jim is sent flying by the punch and crashes to the ground
  • Jim doesn't get up afterwards
  • Jim's boss says Bob defeated Jim
  • Jim's boss is saying this in the exact same line of dialouge in which he's saying that Bob relies too much on his strength
How does all of this not suggest that Bob at least dealt some harm to Jim?

Also if you want to use unsubstantiated, unlikely assumptions such as Rover tanked Garou, the actual hit we see impact Rover's head, send him flying and causes it to be stated Rover was beaten right after actually did nothing rather an accidental weakness exploit. Then why not use OPM Wiki's assumption that Rover sat for Bang due to being scared from the time Saitama and Garou told that him? Your assumption has no more evidence than this one and it fits with the much more likely outcome.

Looking at Ryukama's example I'm gonna agree with him on this.

"At Least" seems ok if that's what everyone wants.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Bang is barely Mountain for the above-specified reasons.
Rover isn't baseline 7-A. Bang and Bomb are baseline 7-A. The combined attack of Bang, Bomb, Fubuki, and Genos literally couldn't even scratch him. That alone makes Rover above baseline 7-A.

"At least 7-A" is fine for Rover.

Ryukama said:
No there isn't. Here's an example not using the names of other characters.
  • Bob tanks all of Jim's attacks
  • Bob punches Jim in the face
  • You see a crater impact on Jim's face form
  • Jim is sent flying by the punch and crashes to the ground
  • Jim doesn't get up afterwards
  • Jim's boss says Bob defeated Jim
  • Jim's boss is saying this in the exact same line of dialouge in which he's saying that Bob relies too much on his strength
How does all of this not suggest that Bob at least dealt some harm to Jim?

Also if you want to use unsubstantiated, unlikely assumptions such as Rover tanked Garou, the actual hit we see impact Rover's head, send him flying and causes it to be stated Rover was beaten right after actually did nothing rather an accidental weakness exploit. Then why not use OPM Wiki's assumption that Rover sat for Bang due to being scared from the time Saitama and Garou told that him? Your assumption has no more evidence than this one and it fits with the much more likely outcome.
She wasnt there, Psykos assumed he was overpowered. It's obvious the joke was he was told to sit, and listened. Which is why next time we see rover there is no damage. All garou did was knock him back. that hapens alot in the verse. Saitama was kicked to the moon, and took zero damage in that fight.

Yeah but Saitama is only 154 lbs, so an eight foot tall monster like Boros should have no problem throwing Saitama around. On the other hand, Rover is an enormous monster that severely outweighs Garou. Yet Garou was able to knock him down anyways. It's a different scenario.

Skytheblue said:
Yeah but Saitama is only 154 lbs, so an eight foot tall monster like Boros should have no problem throwing Saitama around. On the other hand, Rover is an enormous monster that severely outweighs Garou. Yet Garou was able to knock him down anyways. It's a different scenario.
Knocking an estimated 10 ton dog through the floor is an easy feat for someone as strong as garou

If Saitama was kicked to the moon after Boros tanked all his attacks, had an impact crater form on his head, never got up, it's explicitly stated that Boros defeated Saitama, Boros is stated that he relies too much on his strength to win fights right after he does that, then it'd be a comparable example to Rover.

And again, just because Rover doesn't receive any lasting injuries does not mean Garou didn't harm or beat him during their fight.

"It's obvious the joke was he was told to sit, and listened." What proof do you have that this is the case, rather than as the OPM Wiki says, Rover stopped with Bang because he was still scared from the times Saitama and Garou told him to sit while forcing him into submission?

I'm dropping this, because it's irrelevent to the thread. And is really an argument of interpretations that's going nowhere. However I provided many instances in the series that make it much more likely he simply harmed him, whereas you have not and just assert the same assumption with little backing it uo.

So are we gonna add "At Least" to Rovers Tier or no? Cause it's just going in circles and it's a bit hard for me to follow.

Garou knocked him out so even if he didn't do relevant damage he still beat him.

Also getting hit by baseline 7-A is not more than being baseline, maybe a bit more as its not like they combined their strength into one single atttack and than rower tanked it, but he simply tanked several baseline mountain and some city lvl hits so that is not worth a lot.

Sorry for restarting this conversation, but there is some new information.

So in a stream, Murata stated Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist is superior to the new move shown in the manga used against Elder Centipede, which implies that Rover's durability is superior to Elder's. Murata words were that Whirlwind Water Stream Blasting Sky Splitting Fist "one level weaker" than Cross Fang Dragon Slayer Fist. Moreover, an odd detail that Murata and ONE included, the sound effect of the punch that killed Gouketsu is the exact same sound effect of the punch that Rover survived from Saitama. This at the very least means the punch that Saitama gave Rover was a punch with killing intent even if we don't know Gouketsu's durability.

Also this would just be an upgrade for his durability and nothing else.

As said i don't remember that. I just know i heard Saitama just step on him(saying sit) in another thread and that's it.

If Rover tanked an attack even more powerful than the one Bang threw at Elder Centipede than I guess that'd be further justification for a 7-A/At least 7-A. Is there a source for this statement though?

Also both punches having a similar sound effect does not mean both punches are of the same power at all.

Do we know what statistics that Elder Centipede should be updated to?

Ryukama said:
If Rover tanked an attack even more powerful than the one Bang threw at Elder Centipede than I guess that'd be further justification for a 7-A/At least 7-A. Is there a source for this statement though?
Also both punches having a similar sound effect does not mean both punches are of the same power at all.
November Streams by Murata, Murata occasionally answers questions while drawing.

I put the rough translations here. http://onepunchman.wikia.com/wiki/Interviews/Stream_Q/A_3

Alright thanks. I've added an "At least" to Rover's durability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back