• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Punch Man: Melzargard Profile Revamp

Recon1511

He/Him
Yeah, another one.

Melz profile is kinda shit so here is the revamped version:

The changes:

First of all, his name is Melzargard not "Melzalgald"

His current keys are wrong as well as it doesn't acknowledge his "Separate", "Merged" and "Combined" forms.

I also arranged so that his feats are on the correct keys, "Separate" being featless, "Merged" being the one that one shotted the Sky King and blew Iaian's arm off and "Combined" which is featless as well but is stated to be considerably stronger than his Merged form.

I also changed a lot of other minor things, added references and fixed some of the justifications, if anyone reading feels like some of those changes need further discussion just let me know.

Scaling:
His "Merged" key most relevant change is possibly scaling to a casual Bang for slightly damaging him and making him take the fight seriously. It's not really solid but Bang actually got serious after that hit.

Ia a season 2 OVA Bang also admits he took damage and that he "needed the jolt"

We have to determine the canonicity of this OVA, I think we agreed that it's a case by case scenario before so why don't we discuss about it?

Last edited:
Just a reminder though, when Melz hit bang he had already broken a marble, so he had 1 head left
Technically it would fall under a feat for separated melz

Just a reminder though, when Melz hit bang he had already broken a marble, so he had 1 head left
Technically it would fall under a feat for separated melz
His body was merged, he doesn't seem to lose any strength even if he loses heads but he does lose his "Combined" form

His body was merged, he doesn't seem to lose any strength even if he loses heads but he does lose his "Combined" form
Alright sure,
and uh, just one small nitpick
couldn’t we also use this opportunity to scale him to blitzing a sea king level character?

Have OVAs ever been used for scaling purposes? For the profile revisions, other than the OVA thing, I think it's alright.
Well no, mainly because OPM OVAs are more comedy focused or lack any relevant scaling.

This OVA and the Garou vs Suiryu one are the only ones that actually matter for the purposes of the wiki I think...

This OVA in particular also seems to explain why Iaian doesn't bother with getting a prosthetic because Atomic Samurai states he is determined to "get stronger with one arm than he was with two"

Well no, mainly because OPM OVAs are more comedy focused or lack any relevant scaling.

This OVA and the Garou vs Suiryu one are the only ones that actually matter for the purposes of the wiki I think...

This OVA in particular also seems to explain why Iaian doesn't bother with getting a prosthetic because Atomic Samurai states he is determined to "get stronger with one arm than he was with two"
Are these OVAs canon?

Are these OVAs canon?
The child emperor scene shows that one of them was confined canon, which does open up the possibility strongly that they all are
But I just say we use them for likely ratings rather than having it be a black and white “it absolutely is canon 100%” or “no it absolutely isn’t and you can’t use it”
Just makes the most sense

Huh, we do actually...

And the reference links to this same OVA

If we do then a possibly rating is fine I guess.
I mean I think it's more likely than not in this case, since the anime "redrew" the fight to have bang's knockout from Melz be more significant, and then doubled down on it again with the OVA to further emphasize that he did take a little damage

also uh
well
wouldn't this technically mean the anime in general is more canon than we give it credit for? The dark matter arc especially..,

I mean the only thing the anime did was add an scene with Atomic Samurai parrying Melz attacks, Bang still recovers immediatly in both continuities

I mean the only thing the anime did was add an scene with Atomic Samurai parrying Melz attacks
It also added scenes of Melzargard reacting to attacks from Atomic Samurai and Bang
We do use an ova only scene to justify Bang's stamina being lower due to old age
Huh, we do actually...

And the reference links to this same OVA
If so, then I think this proposal should be alright
Scaling:
His "Merged" key most relevant change is possibly scaling to a casual Bang for slightly damaging him and making him take the fight seriously. It's not really solid but Bang actually got serious after that hit.

Ia a season 2 OVA Bang also admits he took damage and that he "needed the jolt"

We have to determine the canonicity of this OVA, I think we agreed that it's a case by case scenario before so why don't we discuss about it?

Last edited:
Back